HOT AIR and TRANSDERMALS like PB & Jelly?

wikked1

Awards
Ok maybe this is a really goofy question BUT.....I've been using a T-1 transdermal for about 2 weeks now and I THINK I am starting to feel the affects.......I wanted to ask a silly question though....I put in on the morning after I shower......and then I'll use a hair dryer (hey guys I'm a little unconventional I LIKE having LONG hair) but here's the thing.....I get the "taste" thing going on in my mouth when I apply the T-1 and then the hair dryer seems to almost reactivate it .....so I was wondering.....does the hair dryer heat help get more of this stuff absorbed??

Frost

Awards
cant help you with that, but id like to say i love the taste.
does that make me weird? :)
to me it tastes like success.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The dryer heat would help if it opened up your pores, but I don't know whether or not that would open up the pores

wikked1

Awards
cant help you with that, but id like to say i love the taste.
does that make me weird? :)
to me it tastes like success.
LMFAO it's not what I'd call a GOOD taste ...but I do agree with you I like it as well.....

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
It may help with increasing localized blood flow (from the heat) but not opening pores...

Chemo

Brant

Awards
A hot shower opens your pores though...

And I thought cold blood circulated faster?

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
A hot shower opens your pores though...

And I thought cold blood circulated faster?
Yes, but according to what I know, I don't think penetration relys directly on pore size, or even at all.

And no, cooler areas are areas where blood flow is slower. Faster circulation is always warmer.

Last edited:

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Since we're talking absorption here. I know it's been mentioned before, but when using liquid moisurizing soap I notice my skin stays very moist. It feels like when I apply lotion to my skin. I'm thinking it's the glycerin in the soap. I wonder if this interfears with absorption, since we usually apply after showering????

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by ex_banana-eater
Yes, but according to what I know, I don't think penetration relys directly on pore size, or even at all.

And no, cooler areas are areas where blood flow is slower. Faster circulation is always warmer.
You are correct in the pore size statement.  Absorption occurs at the base of the pore and the surface area presented is small in comparison to the area of the skin applied to.  It is a simple surface area issue...

Originally posted by SCORPIO
Since we're talking absorption here. I know it's been mentioned before, but when using liquid moisurizing soap I notice my skin stays very moist. It feels like when I apply lotion to my skin. I'm thinking it's the glycerin in the soap. I wonder if this interfears with absorption, since we usually apply after showering????
Actually, it should help with absorption.  Another name for glycerin is glycerol and is there as a humectant.  Hydration of the skin is important in getting the most bang for the buck and is one reason application after a shower is preferred.

Chemo

Frost

Awards
though if you used the blow dryer right after application it would probably just evaporate the soln wouldnt it?

primal1

Awards
  • Established
what about that device "the derma roller"? supposed to help with absorbtion of topicals.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by primal1
what about that device "the derma roller"? supposed to help with absorbtion of topicals.
Is this the roller with a bunch of tiny needles on it?  Can you imagine the burn if you apply a 1-test product after that... ;)

Chemo

T-Bar

Awards
Originally posted by Chemo

Is this the roller with a bunch of tiny needles on it?  Can you imagine the burn if you apply a 1-test product after that... ;)

Chemo

I shave my quads with an old dull razor in the shower, using no shaving cream. That way, I get razor burn which means better absorbtion.