Hormonal Products at age 36?

NeoNewfie

Awards
I am an infrequent poster to this forum, preferring instead to benefit from the more informed members and the wealth of information they transmit on a daily basis. I am an experienced lifter, and, at 6 feet, am usually 210 pounds at about 13% body fat.

At the ripe old age of 36, I am interested in trying a hormonal supplement. My motivation is simple. I first began hitting the gym in my early 20's in response to some rapid weight gain caused, presumably, by an abrupt shift in metabolism. Because my goal was recomposition, my emphasis in the gym was always split very evenly between strength training and cardio work. Long story short, I feel that I wasted my prime hypertrophy years doing too much cardio at the expense of lean muscle. Now that I am on the cusp of 40, I want to compensate for those lost years with a prohormone cycle.

My understanding is that the following make good first-time options: Bold, Havoc/Epistane, 3AD, and 11-OXO. I've read that these have few side effects and require only OTC PCT. My intention is to run as conservative a cycle as possible so as to gauge my response and avoid damaging levels of hepatoxicity. My question to those more experienced than I is simply, which of these four "starter" products would most benefit a newbie of my advanced years?

solidwon

Awards
Depends on your goals and what you are comfortable taking. Bold, 3-ad, and 11oxo are easy on the liver and the general consensus would be that although the results aren't always that dramatic, they are easier on the body and OTC PCT aren't frowned upon. Epistane is methylated and carries certain risks being what they are. Harder on lipids and joints but the strength gains are impressive. I would imagine that if I myself was 36, I'm 28, I would probably investigate HRT as nothing beats having a doctor's supervision in these matters, providing the doctor knows the time.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are some pretty good non-hormonal products now. 36 is very yonng when it comes to bodybuilding. I would try the non - hormonal route first.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
If your really interested, I think you would enjoy 6wks of trenadrol @90mgs (2 bottles). A real pct would be neccesary though (nolva/clomid etc).

If you havent been in the gym consistantly lately, it would do you well to spend some time, gain what you feel like you can naturally, then your first cycle will be all that much more worth while.

And FYI, if you want more advice about hormonals, create a thread in the steroids section.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
NewNewlife, I think a great alternative for you, if you don't want to pop pills and completely bypass liver involvement, is to go with transdermal Formestane:
* get Formestane from NP
* get Penetrate from NP
* follow instructions to mix

I've used this before and works amazingly well. If you look in the 35+ and anti-aging sections of the forum, you'll find an old thread of an AM member about twice our age, who frequently uses transdermal Formestane to force the production of test in the body and he gets great results.

Another non-methylated product is the *Tren* labeled stuff (19-Nor) like Xtreme Tren, X-Mass, Finavol. However, you may need a SERM for PCT depending on how your body reacts.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I will throw another suggestion out. Try Diesel Test Hardcore with Sunami. I'm on my 2nd bottle and I really like my results so far. I feel good in the gym and I've lost weight around the middle and basically all over. DTHC has some ingredients that reduce water rentention(diuretics) as well as the ones that support Testosterone levels in the older crowd.. Dude I'm looking ripped. I'm 37 and I have a Diesel test body,haha. I like Silver Surfer's idea as well. I want to try Formastane.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't go wrong with Formestane...

I bought a couple of bottles of DTHC and have high hopes as I will be running it with Prime. So far mixing Prime with a test boosting supp. has been miraculous... in 20 odd years I have never been anywhere near this size. Last time I competed I was 194, I am thinking my comp weight would be close to 215-220 now. This is based on my increased size and the fact that people who use Prime for cutting don't seem to be losing any muscle. So if DTHC is anywhere near as good as people say it is then the possibilities are endless. So what I am saying is it is possible to do a lot with herbal products if you use them right, train right and most importantly eat right.

worker

Awards
Do you guys suggest running a cycle of prime over something like mass fx for a first time user (35 year old and never tried anything besides the basics supplement wise, but have 17 years of lifting experience).

worker

Awards
BC....Are you suggesting that b/c of a personal experience with DTHC?

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Im 35, and im currently running ACT X / STOKED cycle. Afterwards, im thinking of one of the following runs...

1. DTHC / PRIME
2. 11-oxo / 1-t
3. Hdrol / 1-t
4. eform / DTHC

n87

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys suggest running a cycle of prime over something like mass fx for a first time user (35 year old and never tried anything besides the basics supplement wise, but have 17 years of lifting experience).
Mass FX/Hyperdrol cycle didn't do sh**t for me. Waste of money.There's a lot of hype regarding these products on the manufacturer forum.
Havoc, on the other hand, gave me good strength gains and ok mass gains, with OTC PCT. I had Tamoxifen on hand, just in case, though.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im 35, and im currently running ACT X / STOKED cycle. Afterwards, im thinking of one of the following runs...

1. DTHC / PRIME
2. 11-oxo / 1-t
3. Hdrol / 1-t
4. eform / DTHC
I like 1. and throw in some of 4 by adding eform, but I shy away from steroid type products these days. From my limited experience with things like Hdrol I find that some of the modern herbal alternatives almost as good and perhaps better over the long haul...

worker

Awards
I like 1. and throw in some of 4 by adding eform, but I shy away from steroid type products these days. From my limited experience with things like Hdrol I find that some of the modern herbal alternatives almost as good and perhaps better over the long haul...
What particular set of herbal products/natural products would you recommend for someone age 35 with plently of experience. Any help is greatly appreciated as I am relatively nervous to take any prohoromes on a fist time cycle run.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will defnitely be going with Prime/DTHC and Formex sometime this summer. I have had good success with Prime, hear good things about DTHC and love me some formestane.

That should be a dynamite stack, there are other things but that's a good start.

worker

Awards
Is there any benefit to running DTHC just by itself?

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
IMO, Dermacrine and Sustain Alpha would be great for starters, I wish they had been available earlier on. A board sponsor has them.

worker

Awards
I posted my own thread about natural alternatives....I apologize to NeoNewfie for hijacking his post.

NeoNewfie

Awards
Thanks everybody for the very helpful posts. It's nice to see my query could produce so much fruitful discussion.

To those recommending natural alternatives: I have had some success with herbal formulations such as Activate, and especially with Animal Test. Animal Test was the one supplement that shocked me with its efficacy. I also tried Novedex XT -- while this product boosted my strength to new heights, it did nothing for circumference, which, given the increase in resistance on all my lifts, surprised me somewhat. Of course I continue to take creatine, fish oil, and BCAA products on a regular basis. My natural weight in my early twenties was 160 -- it has taken many years and much effort to reach 210. Still, I have found myself stalling these last few years and assumed the problem was partly the hormonal deficit which we lifters who teeter on the precipice of middle age must eventually face. My goal has always been to reach 220 lean pounds -- a mild prohormone, especially for a first cycle, might help me reach that goal safely and effectively.

Formestane sounds hugely interesting. 3-AD, however, can be purchased from within Canada, and, as any fellow hoser knows, that's a huge advantage in this sprawling and beautiful land of bureaucrats and red tape.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
so, are u liking the stack of ....DTHC/PRIME/EFORM /

I will defnitely be going with Prime/DTHC and Formex sometime this summer. I have had good success with Prime, hear good things about DTHC and love me some formestane.

That should be a dynamite stack, there are other things but that's a good start.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so, are u liking the stack of ....DTHC/PRIME/EFORM /
I haven't started that particular stack yet. I used Phytotest in place of DTHC with my last cycle and it was outstanding. I ramped my Prime dosage every two weeks for 8 week run.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Well, after consideration and some things that have changed, i have gotten the following....

dermacrine
sustain alpha
phytotest
lean extreme
powerfull
CEL hdrol

what you think would be a good stack with these dreamweaver?

I haven't started that particular stack yet. I used Phytotest in place of DTHC with my last cycle and it was outstanding. I ramped my Prime dosage every two weeks for 8 week run.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, after consideration and some things that have changed, i have gotten the following....

dermacrine
sustain alpha
phytotest
lean extreme
powerfull
CEL hdrol

what you think would be a good stack with these dreamweaver?
All looks good to me besides the Hdrol as I don't do Desginers anymore. Prime works about as good as Hdrol for me, and if I dose it higher it works better. I hear good things about dermcrine and sustain alpha, liked phytotest. Lean extreme is a good product. I hear good things about the new powerfull which I will be trying very soon.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Is there any benefit to running DTHC just by itself?
Yes, I've done it and so have others. I'm currently running DTHC and Sunami at 2 DTHC/ 1 Sunami in the morning and then 1 DTHC/ 1 Sunami noon and again around 6pm. I like it.

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
BC....Are you suggesting that b/c of a personal experience with DTHC?
yes it made my libido go through the roof, im sure my test levels are already high because i am only 21 but for some one older I would definately try DTHC before some PH's

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Alot of good advice on this thread. I am 46 & just finished a cycle of 1-T followed by Sustain Alpha, nice but kinda expensive!

I have also run Dermacrine...very nice and Epistaine.

Have also run Drive, Mass FX, Lean Xtreme, Powerfull., Anabolic Pump. They Did nothing for me. Maybe I am a non responder but they definitely did not do what they advertized.

The Hormonals however did exaclty as advertized and Epistane has to be my favorite so far. The pumps were insane, my muscles were bulging like never before and strength increase was fantastic, all my lifts went up 10-20%.

Hear good things about Formestane, gonna try that next.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
you dont need hormonal products bro. Get as much muscle on your frame without it first than MAYBE consider it.