Homemade Preworkout

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I have kidney issues (nephrotic syndrome) and my doctor is concerned that all my supplements might be making it worse. Now I am an amateur bodybuilder, however, I have recently begun training with a semi pro competative natural bodybuilder. What can I do to create my own preworkout?? I want to keep it as natural as possible. I was thinking beet root powder and bulk Citrulline malate. What do you guys think?? What would some good ingredients be?? Also what should I use for a stim??

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I have kidney issues (nephrotic syndrome) and my doctor is concerned that all my supplements might be making it worse. Now I am an amateur bodybuilder, however, I have recently begun training with a semi pro competative natural bodybuilder. What can I do to create my own preworkout?? I want to keep it as natural as possible. I was thinking beet root powder and bulk Citrulline malate. What do you guys think?? What would some good ingredients be?? Also what should I use for a stim??
SNS Citrulline Malate should be ok for you to use as far as I know. 6 to 9 grams preworkout and if you want you can add 1g Agmatine Sulfate too. As far as stims, better ask your doctor if taking 200mg caffeine tabs pre-workout is ok, I wouldn't think it would punish you much to have 1 caffeine tab pre-workout along with Citrulline Malate and Agmatine, but as mentioned...consult your physician first.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
What do you think of beet root powder though, I know a lot of new preworkouts are using Nitrates and beet root is absolutely loaded with Nitrates and its cheap to

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
What do you think of beet root powder though, I know a lot of new preworkouts are using Nitrates and beet root is absolutely loaded with Nitrates and its cheap to
I don't know many pre-workouts that have it or that are worth your time, as mentioned before the extracts from Beet Root powder yield only 1 to 2% nitrates so...lets say you take 1g of Beet Powder right? That's 1000mg and 1% of that is just 10mg...which is not nearly enough Nitrates to affect the system. For NO optimization Citrulline Malate and Agmatine Sulfate are kings. If you really REALLY want nitrates you can ask your doctor if you can have Purus Condense. It has Betaine Anhydrous and Beta Alanine plus 200mg caffeine and a hefty amount of nitrates...if your doctor clears you for it , you can always add 6g citrulline malate to it and 1g agmatine for a great NO optimization pre-workout concoction.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I was previously using white flood, purple wraath or hemavol, and Karbolyn stack, and I just switched to jack3d micro. I also take glutamine and whey protein and he wants me to stop everything. I honestly don't see how stopping everything is possible, especially at the level that I workout

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I was previously using white flood, purple wraath or hemavol, and Karbolyn stack, and I just switched to jack3d micro. I also take glutamine and whey protein and he wants me to stop everything. I honestly don't see how stopping everything is possible, especially at the level that I workout
You do not need supplements at all, none of the ones you mentioned at ALL. Specially White Flood...not even worth mentioning, and Glutamine is beyond useless, protein is just a Macro-Nutrient, carbs are better ingested in the form of food as well as protein and well Hemavol was a good supplement actually, but not required if your doctor wants to stop.

If your doctor already told you to stop taking supplements that contain the above-mentioned ingredients I would suggest listening to him or further asking him why he is saying so and on what does he base this.

I could however suggest to you to take Liver Support supplementation like Liver-XT , it will do wonders for your liver if you really want to pursue this Wallet-Thinning endeavor, and as far as health is concerned, Liver-XT and Green Tea by SNS do wonders.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can't comment as to potential nephritis concerns, but Beet Root Extract is awesome - and inexpensive. Check out Mountain Rose Herbs.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
What sort of effects have you seen from it?? Pumps?? Vascularity??

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Nitrates imo are the best for pumps and vascularity. Beet root being a source of Nitrates as well as spinach

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Well, I might try it out, ill talk to my doctor about maybe combining it with some Citrulline malate and possibly some agmatine or AAKG. Also some sort of a mild stim, I don't like the really strong ones like DMAA or Ephedrine

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Well, I might try it out, ill talk to my doctor about maybe combining it with some Citrulline malate and possibly some agmatine or AAKG. Also some sort of a mild stim, I don't like the really strong ones like DMAA or Ephedrine
I would not use citrulline malate, agmatine, or AAKG in your position. They each affect the kidney in various ways

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would not use citrulline malate, agmatine, or AAKG in your position. They each affect the kidney in various ways
lol 200% exactly of what I was thinking.

OP, nephrotic syndrome is not something to brush under the carpet and is usually taken pretty seriously. I'm not saying give up on life, but don't come to a forum with a bunch of kids, uneducated people etc, and looking for advice. 99% of people here have no clue that the word "nephron" has anything to do with the renal system, and that the renal system has anything to do with the kidneys!!

I admire your desire to be a bodybuilder and not letting something hold you back. Major props to you, but keep yourself safe, because you are the only one that can. Take what people say as a grain of salt, and make your you solidify your decisions with your own, personal research.

Mike

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
White Flood is garbage,i always make sure i mention that.PC gets very upset,so i do it actually even more on spite,lmao..but the **** really does suck.Ill take just about any pre wo over it,even. Muscle Tech product.

I just dont get all the hype about WF or even CL products.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 35
Supplements 28
Supplements 20
I_Eat_Iron Supplements 82
Supplements 65