Home gym? Post your pics!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Have been away due to job relocation and birth of a child, but we are back in action! I am in the process of building a garage gym... so far we are up to a power rack, 600 lbs, two barbells, adjustable bench, and resistant bands.

Will post pics as I get it built

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards

I have to park my cars in the garage so I couldn't make a huge fancy gym but this gets the basics done

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
Have been away due to job relocation and birth of a child, but we are back in action! I am in the process of building a garage gym... so far we are up to a power rack, 600 lbs, two barbells, adjustable bench, and resistant bands.

Will post pics as I get it built
Congratulations on the baby kids are such a blessing

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
20160724_201147_HDR-1024x576.jpg
This is where my wife and I train full time no more gym membership we have 2 young sons so going to the gym for us with my work schedule is almost impossible not pictured is a treadmill, bowflex max trainer and a new preacher bench I just got I never thought I would like training at home but I love it i get up 1st thing in the morning but @$$ then on with my day

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations on the baby kids are such a blessing
Thank you very much! Yes, I absolutely adore my daughter. Building a home gym is a way for her to grow up around exercise with us. We figure we will just put her in her bouncer with us while we're out there.

Your setup is quite nice, I like that bench setup, almost a kind of hammer strength looking thing.

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
Thank you very much! Yes, I absolutely adore my daughter. Building a home gym is a way for her to grow up around exercise with us. We figure we will just put her in her bouncer with us while we're out there.

Your setup is quite nice, I like that bench setup, almost a kind of hammer strength looking thing.
Thank u it works well it's made by Valor

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
View attachment 144254
This is where my wife and I train full time no more gym membership we have 2 young sons so going to the gym for us with my work schedule is almost impossible not pictured is a treadmill, bowflex max trainer and a new preacher bench I just got I never thought I would like training at home but I love it i get up 1st thing in the morning but @$$ then on with my day
Damn that's a beautiful set up

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Damn Rocket! Is that seriously your house?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
GymL3 (598x800).jpg

Thanks guys, it is my basement, this is the cardio area

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket has a Cardio area.. cannot. lol. :)
I have 3 flights of stairs. Haha.

That said, a new addition to our family and new home I've gone and gotten one of these
for the garage / gym.

Couldn't pass on this: $750 (Delivered) including 300lbs of weights, and attachments.
I've been pricing weight sets these days, and wow. $400 for a 300lb set.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
wow very nice .. great thread, love seeing these set ups

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

That said, a new addition to our family and new home I've gone and gotten one of these
for the garage / gym.

Couldn't pass on this: $750 (Delivered) including 300lbs of weights, and attachments.

View attachment 189925

I missed a good deal on one of these cause I was dragging my feet.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

for the garage / gym.

wow great deal .. post a pic/review once you get it set up

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
wow great deal .. post a pic/review once you get it set up
Will do. Can't wait.

I missed a good deal on one of these cause I was dragging my feet.
Damn. There are two here in Florida. One guy has the yellow one, but won'd deliver.
He wants $700 including weights too. Lakeland Florida.

I love your cardio area by the way. :)
I was going to grab a BI/TRI machine like yours for $150, but this deal came along.
You in a way inspired me to get back into doing something!

Cheers my friend.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Will do. Can't wait.

Damn. There are two here in Florida. One guy has the yellow one, but won'd deliver.
He wants $700 including weights too. Lakeland Florida.

I love your cardio area by the way. :)
I was going to grab a BI/TRI machine like yours for $150, but this deal came along.
You in a way inspired me to get back into doing something!

Cheers my friend.
You got a Great deal and a nice piece of equipment.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Here it is.
I decided to drive up with my wife and help the guy take it apart; load it up on a trailer and drive down.
Round trip 4 hours.

Tomorrow is another day. (Finish assembly)
Clean it up; load some weights and take for a drive around the block. :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
justhere4comm

Very Nice, I like the Red !!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
nice .. its beautiful :drools:

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just grabbed an amazing Elliptical Machine
NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS9i

For (gasp) cardio... I couldn't pass up the deal.
Pics when I get the thing situated in the gym.

(Got all my stuff from of all places Facebook Marketplace)

* Update on the gym, it's amazing, smoother and the plates clang lightly when I'm working out to sound like Buddha Bowls chiming. It's surreal. I'll record it if anyone wants to give a listen. Too cool. Found my zen place.

Attachments

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
justhere4comm

Nice score, I have never checked out Facebook Market Place, I guess I need to !

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just grabbed an amazing Elliptical Machine
NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS9i

For (gasp) cardio... I couldn't pass up the deal.
Pics when I get the thing situated in the gym.

(Got all my stuff from of all places Facebook Marketplace)
My parents bought a trainer like that for 2k and sits in their garage.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My parents bought a trainer like that for 2k and sits in their garage.
Damn. You should grab it if you can. It's sick. I just got it situated and rearranged things in the garage gym and this think is crazy cool. 9" screen. Damned thing retails for $2700.00.*** Is it worth that much? I'm not sure, but it has a 9" color display; is web connected, and a host of features.

*** I paid $400

- A Stepper
- An Elliptical
- And Treadmill action (Cross Country Skiing)

I just powered it on for the first time, so I've got some learning to do, but the action on this machine is smooth and clean.
There's a built in MP3 player, and a fan.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My current setup is on the back patio outside. It's not my primary lifting space. I'll use it for days I don't want to make the drive into the gym (40-60m). Being in Southern Louisiana, I can lift outside year round. I have all my stuff from my original garage gym (pictured) but swapped out the power rack for a squat stand. Spud Inc pulleys & attachments, can load a barbell to 690, a few dumbells, and two benches. 20200302_141613.jpegScreenshot_20200302-141412_Instagram.jpeg

Attachments

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My current setup is on the back patio outside. It's not my primary lifting space. I'll use it for days I don't want to make the drive into the gym (40-60m). Being in Southern Louisiana, I can lift outside year round. I have all my stuff from my original garage gym (pictured) but swapped out the power rack for a squat stand. Spud Inc pulleys & attachments, can load a barbell to 690, a few dumbells, and two benches. View attachment 191682View attachment 191683
Very Nice, I would love to lift outside in the spring !

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I diffidently like the "Den of Iron"

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking Good @BOSSMAN !!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_0910.JPG

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ll be posting my home gym over the next few days...cool thread.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@grc You can get a great workout at home, it also give to the opportunity to change things up !! Enjoy !!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My home gym consists of log clean and press, log rows, farmers carries, tire flips, keg clean and press or carries, dips, pushups, pull ups, inverted rows, deadlifts, hex bar deadlifts, and overhead carries.
3BD2475C-5B9D-416E-B7A2-D58DE7D136A4.jpeg7B08E8B2-887A-41C9-912F-6DFF9C61FCF9.jpeg0F063333-4A18-49A8-AB37-719BCF447DF0.jpeg47E97D64-198F-481B-A5AF-16EC4CD149D8.jpeg7F4696CD-9B2A-4D94-9316-D0527D8B5A5E.jpeg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice Strongman Equipment !!

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Two years ago, when son #2 wanted to join me and son #1 at the local gym, I explored added him to the membership. Annual cost would have been $900. 90% of what we do is compound free weight lifts.
I went with the Rep Fitness Power Rack with bench when it was on Amazon for around $400 shipped. Added a Fitness Gear olympic barbell set with 300 lb weights from Dick's for $179, My return on investment was 9 months.
Later, I added small items: landmine, double d cable attachment, hex bar, resistance bands. A simple home gym for less than $1k.
I do miss the occasional dumbell workout. I will explore dumbell options once I decide on a more permanent site for the equipment. I have enjoyed having it on my back patio and training outside in the morning. After doing this for 2 years, I can't imagine bringing it indoors.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Two years ago, when son #2 wanted to join me and son #1 at the local gym, I explored added him to the membership. Annual cost would have been $900. 90% of what we do is compound free weight lifts.
I went with the Rep Fitness Power Rack with bench when it was on Amazon for around $400 shipped. Added a Fitness Gear olympic barbell set with 300 lb weights from Dick's for $179, My return on investment was 9 months.
Later, I added small items: landmine, double d cable attachment, hex bar, resistance bands. A simple home gym for less than $1k.
I do miss the occasional dumbell workout. I will explore dumbell options once I decide on a more permanent site for the equipment. I have enjoyed having it on my back patio and training outside in the morning. After doing this for 2 years, I can't imagine bringing it indoors.
Sounds very nice and I'm sure it's fun training with your Son's. Post a pick or two of your set up when you have a chance. Stay Safe !