Hollywood Cookie Diet

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone else heard of this yet ? I just heard about this in the morning listening to ESPN.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone else heard of this yet ? I just heard about this in the morning listening to ESPN.
Yeah, that's the diet Rosie O'Donnel used to get that great figure!:006:

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
hollywood cookie diet dot com. go there and see for yourself how silly it is

here is the actual website for it

AtomStrange

AtomStrange

Awards
What crap.

Was talking about this on another board yesterday too.
This diet replaces 4 meals with 'healthy cookies' and expects you to eat at or below 1000 calories per day.

Obviously this "diet" doesn't reinforce the idea of healthy eating habits (promoting cookies as a meal replacement).
I just couldn't believe people really would look to this as a viable option.
Then again, I should know better than to be amazed at anything these days.

With weight loss products being the gazillion dollar industry it is, I guess people really do hope for that magic pill which will make them thin, and trim.

I just wonder where is the moral responsibility from these companies. "Cookies" by nature are junk food, and they're praying on that ideology of unhealthy eating instead of helping people get out of the mindset of eating junk.
I believe in everyone's right to make money, and they're obviously capitalizing on people's desperation.

Personally, I think it's time a group starts doing advertising like they do against cigarettes... against unhealthy eating. I'm not saying to use the food pyramid we learn in school either. There has to be a way of showing the effects of obesity, other than the obvious visual aspects.
Something that shows what being fat actually does to the body inside and out... clogged arteries etc.

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
What crap.

Was talking about this on another board yesterday too.
This diet replaces 4 meals with 'healthy cookies' and expects you to eat at or below 1000 calories per day.

Obviously this "diet" doesn't reinforce the idea of healthy eating habits (promoting cookies as a meal replacement).
I just couldn't believe people really would look to this as a viable option.
Then again, I should know better than to be amazed at anything these days.

With weight loss products being the gazillion dollar industry it is, I guess people really do hope for that magic pill which will make them thin, and trim.

I just wonder where is the moral responsibility from these companies. "Cookies" by nature are junk food, and they're praying on that ideology of unhealthy eating instead of helping people get out of the mindset of eating junk.
I believe in everyone's right to make money, and they're obviously capitalizing on people's desperation.

Personally, I think it's time a group starts doing advertising like they do against cigarettes... against unhealthy eating. I'm not saying to use the food pyramid we learn in school either. There has to be a way of showing the effects of obesity, other than the obvious visual aspects.
Something that shows what being fat actually does to the body inside and out... clogged arteries etc.
You make a very good point.. and just saying the food guide pyramid is comeplety wrong as well yet they are teaching it to kids and people who are getting fat because they eat so many grains.... I am a wellness coach, and I put on weight loss challenges and wellness rooms/tips for companies and I see so many people who have it all wrong. They think Diet pop and anything low fat is good for them. People are so desperate to lose weight they don't even see whats right in front of them, you don't need money or a weight loss pill to lose weight.. all people need is some ****ing self discipline, control, and the desire to eat healthy and live a wellness lifestyle... it makes me sick thinking about how weak minded these people are, and how they will do anything to their bodies to look how they think they should. I am going to go throw up now at the thought and how ignorant america is...

AtomStrange

AtomStrange

Awards
You make a very good point.. and just saying the food guide pyramid is comeplety wrong as well yet they are teaching it to kids and people who are getting fat because they eat so many grains.... I am a wellness coach, and I put on weight loss challenges and wellness rooms/tips for companies and I see so many people who have it all wrong. They think Diet pop and anything low fat is good for them. People are so desperate to lose weight they don't even see whats right in front of them, you don't need money or a weight loss pill to lose weight.. all people need is some ****ing self discipline, control, and the desire to eat healthy and live a wellness lifestyle... it makes me sick thinking about how weak minded these people are, and how they will do anything to their bodies to look how they think they should. I am going to go throw up now at the thought and how ignorant america is...
Yeah, I'm no coach or anything, but I've learned the importance of eating and living a healthy lifestyle. That said, I'm a Low Carb-High Protein kind of guy.
I'd probably be where I want to be if I could kick the weekend boozing. Realizing that is a good start though... so, I'm cutting back.

People are desperate for a pill or something because they don't want to change their glutinous ways. Wouldn't life be great if you could eat all the crap you want and still be thin? Cookies... People will buy anything I guess.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
My thoughts exactly. Whats next ? The Sour cream and onion potato chip diet ?

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
all these people care about is your money, they don't care if you die, as long as you pay the man.

manny1519

Awards
C.o.o.k.i.e. diet stands for: "Can't Offer Other Knowledge In Eating".."yey there is hope, cookies"!!...seriously, why don't we just tell people to smash their heads on a wall? Same crap as eveything being sold on television...burns calories, rapid change in appearance... side effects include: headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness...

AtomStrange

AtomStrange

Awards
C.o.o.k.i.e. diet stands for: "Can't Offer Other Knowledge In Eating".."yey there is hope, cookies"!!...seriously, why don't we just tell people to smash their heads on a wall? Same crap as eveything being sold on television...burns calories, rapid change in appearance... side effects include: headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness...
..and repeated poor eating habits.