Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congratulations, You Are Making Things Happen!!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
3/09/23
Tuesday

Arms/Chest
Worked arms before bench.
Close Grip Cable Pressdown 4x15
Wide Grip Pressdown 4x15
Reverse Grip Pressdown 4x15
Db Curl 3x15
Hammer Db Curl 3x15

Bench Press
Warm Up
Work Sets
325# | 2x6, 345 | 2x2, 385 | 2xNeg.
Negatives were tough due to arm pre work but change in customary Bench First. Moved up my plan to hit a simulated 405lb bench in the gym prior to meet. I’m another month rt ahead of schedule.

Sauna 45min. Unbroken

Last edited:
HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
3/12/23 Friday

These days went by so fast. I forgot to log last few workouts.

Chest Day
2@330x3 | 2@350x2 | 1@390xNeg.

This time the beg. Was completely controlled since we didn’t hit arms but did full chest.

Moved onto Accesories:
Incline Db Press
70, 75, 80 x 15
Flat Bench
80, 90, 100 x 15
High Cable Fly
4x15 | 50#
Low Cable Fly
4x15 | 30#

Sauna 45min.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
3/13/23 Saturday

Back
Cable Pulldown 4x15
Wide Cable Row 4x15
Close Grip Pulldown 4x15
High to Low Cable Row 4x15

These entail heavy weight and lots of concentration. We focus on targeting the last and on the squeeze, as well as control. Doesn’t seem like much until you attempt to move the next day.

Sauna 30min
Cryotherapy 3min
NAD+ IV Drip

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
3/15/23 Monday

Chest/Delt Day

Plan to hit another 5x5. This time with a little bit more weight @ 340lbs. We will see if my body will notice the small change and try to do them unassisted. No spotter. Before my training partner arrives to hit Delts.

Bench Press
340# | 5x5

Delts
Seated Shoulder Presses
55, 60, 65, 70, 80, 85, 90 x 12

TriSet
Rear Delt Raise
Lateral Raise
Plate front Raises

Quad Set
Rear Delt Raise
Db Front Raise
Side Raise
Front Olate Raise

I’m feeling good. Rested and ready to smash this weight. It will set the presidency for
The rest of the week and my training leading up to the meet July 14, to take the RPS POWERLIFTING 50+ SHW record that now stands at 259#.

Update*
Failed at final set on 5x5 on last rep. I’ll take it and stay there for a few weeks until I can get all reps & sets completely clean. This is N all time record on this rep scheme. I stopped at 335# back in 2009 when I was doing a ladder. Once I hit 405# I went to a completely different way of doing things. This time I’m keeping it in the repertoire. I’m going to keep pushing it until I reach 405# for 3x5. That’ll take another year so hold onto your seats.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
405 is a lot of weight

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
405 is a lot of weight
I’ll get there. It takes time. I just updated the rest of the workout previous to this post. I put a lot of work in to coming back. Defying laws of aging and pushing the limits.

Remember I now have a 403lb frame. It matches my size. I always remember people saying you should be able to lift your body weight. I’m going to make it the norm as if it’s 315# as opposed to 405#.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My best ever was 315 for a double ,if I remember correctly. So 405 is vey impressive !

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
My best ever was 315 for a double ,if I remember correctly. So 405 is vey impressive !
I’m willing to help you improve if you like to get back to it.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
3/16/23
Tuesday

Hit another bench post Tricep work.
Decided to bench again since I was with my training buddy. May not have smart to do co considering the work I did a day prior.

Arms/Chest

Bench Press
335# | 3x3, 360# | 2x1, 395# | Neg.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m willing to help you improve if you like to get back to it.
I really apricate the offer, but with my current medical situation and my 65 year old rotator cuffs, my day of lifting heavy are over!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
5/30/23
Sorry for the hiatus. I’ve been having a rough week. Today I lost my job so I’m trying to figure things out. I still have to take care of myself and family.

Chest
Warm Up
Bar, 135, 225, 275, 315
Work Sets
355# | 3x3 {Milestone PR}

Main focus was Arms. These were completed after triceps, biceps were done after chest. We do upwards of four different triceps exercises before hitting chest. I just didn’t write the full workout.
Even before getting sick I never did this weight for reps. I normally skipped from 315 to 405. My strength is different. I’m closing in on 50 in 22 more days.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear about that, best wishes and hoping something better comes along!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What type of work do / did you do ??

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
What type of work do / did you do ??
Froday August 18.2023

Flat Bench
Warm Up
Bar {2x10}, 135 {2x10}, 225 {2x10}
  • Work Sets
295 {5x10}
  • Incline Db Press
90 {3x10}
  • Incline BB BENCH
185 {3x10}
  • Cable Flye {3x25}
  • Oblique Crunch {3x20}
  • Ab Crunch {5x30}
I was running generates gas Air Seperation plants. 24 hr on call. Not including daily plant logins twice daily if not visiting site. I lost my employment the day after Memorial Day because they hired someone to replace me. My supervisor who was recently hired didn’t like me very much, didn’t have much empathy for my situation. Especially after losing my father five months prior to losing my life in the hospital to Covid.

Hence the hiatus I’ve been on. I’ve actually healed myself from my Covid hospitalization 100% and stronger than I was before getting sick. I’m now looking into potential positions and spending time with my kids.

I was running generated gas Air Seperation plants. 24 hr on call. Site supervisor for plants located in Breinigsville, Lancaster and Carlisle, Pa. Not including daily plant logins twice daily if not visiting site. I lost my employment the day after Memorial Day because they hired someone to replace me. Hence the hiatus I’ve been on. I’ve actually healed myself from my Covid hospitalization 100% and stronger than I was before getting sick. I’m now looking into potential positions and spending time with my kids.

I also was a bit upset Anabolic Minds ditched the app. I hate logging in on my cell phone to safari. The app was more convenient.

Last edited:
HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Sunday August 20

Dips {Bdwt}
3x10
Deadlift {Milestone}
435x1
Assisted PullUp {+1 plate}
5x5 {130}

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
August 25, 23

Milestone set yet again. Moving up 5lbs a week. Hopefully reach 315 for a Benchmark.

Flat Bench
Warm Up

Bar {2x10}, 135 {2x10}, 225 {2x10}

• Work Sets
300 {5x10}

• Incline Db Press
90 {3x10}

Cable Flye {3x25}
Oblique Crunch {3x20}
Ab Crunch {5x30}

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
August 26, 2023

Armageddon

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
August 27, 2023

Dips {5x10}
Assisted Pullups {5x
Ab Machine {300 reps}
Sauna 30min

Goals
September
Continue to move up 5lbs on bench weekly until 315lbs for 5x10. Remove another plate on pull-up assistance to 4*pl.

Last edited:
HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
August.30.2023

Back Work

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
August.31.2023

Light Back/Abs

Continuing the theme with Assisted Pull Ups. Raised the pin another plate. Now I’m gettingb115lbs of help. Hopefully by 2024 of consistency I hit them unassisted even for just a few or 1 solid one.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
September 1st
Friday

Bench Press
Warm Up
Bar | 2x30
135 | 2x10
225 | 2x10
305 | 5x10 {Milestone}

incline Db Press
85 | 3x15

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
September 3

R&R Pool day only!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
September 4th

Monday! LABOR DAY

ABS/Assisted Pull-ups {-115 | 4x5, -100 | 1x5}
Sauna/Pool

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
September 8th
Friday @ 1500

Bench Press
315 | 5x10
*Last set was a bit rushed and not as clean but it will be a good thing to do throughout the month to get pauses in and solid touches to chest each and every rep. Add in low rep, heavy sets either same day or different day. Keep adjusting assisted pull ups to keep pace to go unassisted by December by removing a weight every month.

Db Incline Bench Press
75, 80, 85 | 3x15

Assisted Pull Up
{-100, 5x5}

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
September 14th
Thursday @ 1500

Bench Press
320 | 5x10
*Last set FAILED last rep. Got stronger nonetheless.

BB Incline Bench Press
185 | 3x10

Seated Flye Machine
3x20

Assisted PullUp {Ladder}
-160, -145, -130, -115, -100x5

Ab Destruction!
Details to be written

Last edited:
HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
September 21, 2023
Thursday

Bench Press
325 | 3x10
335 | 2x5

*I figured after failing last week with the final set I could ratchet it another 10ths and drop the volume next week and see how it plays out. Getting stronger by the week. I basically rested most of week due to unemployment woes but life goes on.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
September 25, 2023
Sunday

Celebrated my youngest son 10 birthday. Rest day!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
September 27, 2023
Wednesday

Bench Press
Warm Up
135x10, 225x10, 275x10
Work Sets
335 | 5x5

incline Bench
Warm Up
135x10, 225x10
Work Sets
225 | 3x10

Cable Machine Flye
140lbs | 3x15

*Bold and Unbelievable I decided to hit this just see if the volume has been paying off with the 10s. I surprised myself. After experiencing a setback from a potential employer this was gratifying to complete.
I was contacted last Thursday for an interview, they were anxious to speak with me and tried interviewing only hours after seeing my resume come across on LinkedIn.
I asked for a day and interviewed the next day. After meeting the staff, owner and completing a tour I was told that they were going consider me. Hours later I got an offer which I gladly accepted but asked for a few days to get time to get a second vehicle as I always had a company vehicle but gave it back to previous employer. Celebrated my son birthday Sunday, contacted them Tuesday I was ready to begin Thursday after I purchased a brand new truck. They responded with a rescinded statement and canceled my hiring. Now I’m stuck with a vehicle I purchased only because I thought I had employment. In my time of reflection I was contacted by a few more potential job opportunities today so we will see where they go.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
October 4, 2023
Wednesday
York, Pa
Pa Fitness

Bench Press
135, 225, 275
Work Sets
340lbs | 5x5
*Will complete this again next week in midst of Squatober before adding another 5lbs. Will progress every third week if possible until end of year to
365lbs | 5x5.

{Back} Work followed. Machines and Cables.

*Side note wrecked my brand new Silverado RST. In process of getting it fixed but at least not totaled. Shortly after getting cupped and scraped at Motive Health.

Starting new employment at month end so hopefully I can things in order after being unemployed since Labor Day.

Squat over has begun so I have to work this in throughout the month to get back to squatting son e it’s been all over the place lately.

Last edited:
HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
11/7/23

Been quiet but the grind continues……

Bench Press
55%, 2x10 {195}
67%, 2x7 {245}
75%, 3x5 {275}
83%, 3x3 {305}
75%, 3x5 {275}
70%, 2x7 {255}
60%, 2x10 {225}

Cable Pushdowns
10x20

Lateral Raise
10x2

Db Shrugs
5x10 {Heavy}
3x25 {Light}

Last edited:
HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
11/10/23

Bench Press
295Lbs | 5x10

Accessories followed

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
11/11/23

Happy Veterans Day

US Navy 1997-2005
USS Peterson & USS Thorn

Armageddon

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
11/13/23

Bench Press
300 | 1x8, 4x10

First set failed to hit all 10 reps. Will work this volume for next four weeks until comfortable. Then move up.

Accessories followed.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
11/14/23

Orientation at the plant. Finally working again.Been unemployed since Memorial Day! God is good.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
11/15/23

Day 1
Shadowed Dwayne. Learned a lot. Spent lot of time walking/standing. Not used to it but hopefully becomes more comfortable in time.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
11/24/23
After getting Cupped and Scraped at Motve Health I went to the gym and raised the mark on Bench.

Bench Press
305lbs | 5x10

Hit some accessories afterwards. Benching twice a week has been proven effective. Getting back ti the days of old and feeling much stronger than I was before getting sick. I was never able to this much volume at this weight. I’m coming for 315lbs twice weekly.

Off for a few days for Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
11/27/23

Back to the grind. Headed to gym afterwards. See if I can achieve another 50 reps with 305lbs. I’ll update shortly.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
December 15, 2023

Hit the gym prior to night shift yesterday and pushed the limit once again. It’s been a month almost since last post but I’m getting acclimated to my new schedule and trying to get the nutrition in as well as rest.

Slimming slowly and Shoulders are keeping up with the volume and I’m eyeing up a meet in July with RPS POWERLIFTING.

Bench Press {2x per Week}
310lbs | 5x10

Ab Rollout {2x per week}
1x5

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
12/17/23

Final night of this rotation but I’m seeing people are still trying me. I guess they don’t understand what it means that I will return the same energy given. I’m completely unbothered by attitudes and other peoples ideas of how they feel they should act towards me. I’ll treat you the same if not worse to get my point across. Understandably I won’t change once I’m given negative attention. Being a supervisor can be hard but also fulfilling if with the correct people who have the right mindset,

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Merry Christmas