HokiePride...{The Return}...2016

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
If it's been a month since you have done legs I'm not sure you want to do two sessions in the first week back ?
I didn’t. I refrained from it. I’m easing back into legs. I’ve been working strenuous hours for several weeks. It’s taking a toll on my sleep. Rest has been a priority but I’ve been extremely exhausted yet getting the work in.
I haven’t stopped just haven’t posted. Hitting gym 5-6 days a week.

Recently I did another IV drip through restore Lancaster {Nad+}. I’m also utilizing AOD9604/Ares {Semaglutide} {Through Titan Medical Center} Carnitine & CLA {combination drink by BPI} Nutrition is dialed in averaging two meals a day along with two bananas, an apple, 2 protein bars and 75+oz of water daily.

I’m very serious about losing bodyfat .Attempting to get weight to 275lbs from previous 384. Mins you April 21’ I lost 80lbs due to Covid hospitalization, 6 months it took to regain the muscle. I’ve spent a year defining, shaping and growing all the lost muscle while purposefully cutting. My strength comes and goes based on weight-loss and fatigue. I’m in for the long haul.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established

Friday The 13th

Chest {Power}
2@290x3 | 2@310x2 | 1@340x1/2

Incline Bench
185lbs | 3x10

Incline Db Press/Flye/Close Press
4x8-10 @ 45lbs

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad to hear you are sticking with your program, it's a long road, but extending our life is worth it!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
1/27/23 Friday

The JORDAN YEAR.
The Grind continues…
Losing lbs and staying the course
While gaining muscle and strength.
Can’t stop, won’t stop.
Building day by day,
Brick by brick.
1% improvement on the daily.
Adds up to huge results in a year.

-Chest Power Focus
2@305x3 | 2@325x1 | 1@355x1/2
Incline Db 4x8-10 @ 70, 80, 90, 100
Flat Db Press 4x10 @ 80
{Assisted} Pull Ups 4x5
Bb Row 3x8
Dips/Bb Curls 3x10-15

Last edited:
HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
2/1/23 Vlog Day 1

Journey continues
About to turn up the heat and apply more pressure. Filled in all the gaps from the dramatic weight loss I experienced April 21’ due to Covid hospitalization.

Had tons of loose skin and couldn’t bear to look at myself in the mirror. I still have this issue somewhat but since becoming leaner and more fuller I’m getting used to my new look. My belly apparently stored a majority of my weight. It’s poked out as if I’m pregnant but has gotten smaller in last few months.

I even had a woman come up to me and expressed positive vibes about how I’m looking better, stomach smaller and noticed my face is less chubby. Hey, at least someone noticed. It came from someone I’ve seen a lot in the gym but never spoke to. If she noticed it I’m sure many more have and are talking. Besides I’m the largest individual in there {AGAIN} now.

Anyways, it’s time to add in cardio. Begin with short sessions coupled with all the other things I do to improve myself. I also had my first cupping/Muscle scrapping. Felt great afterwards and slept like a baby that evening. Next day I was extremely sluggishly from all the lactic acid was forced out of my muscles.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like a lot of positive things happening in your life, be proud and keep them rolling !!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
2/7/23 Vlog Day 2

Lots has happened in past week. Work still has me stressed out but I have to stay the course in order to maintain emloyment and take care of family. I'm not happy with the people I work for but it's something I can't change. What I can change is my attitude towards them and how I react to their negativity.

I'm still moving in a positive direction with strength and leaning out. The most difficult part is waiting for the belly size to go down. I have yet to get on a scale but I can tell I'm getting smaller. It's just the last to go and worst to wait for. I'm giving it a solid year of training, nutrition and consistency.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
2/7/23 Vlog Day 2

Lots has happened in past week. Work still has me stressed out but I have to stay the course in order to maintain emloyment and take care of family. I'm not happy with the people I work for but it's something I can't change. What I can change is my attitude towards them and how I react to their negativity.

I'm still moving in a positive direction with strength and leaning out. The most difficult part is waiting for the belly size to go down. I have yet to get on a scale but I can tell I'm getting smaller. It's just the last to go and worst to wait for. I'm giving it a solid year of training, nutrition and consistency.
Keep putting in the work and it will happen !!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established

Vlog Day 3

Getting a lot done. Hitting milestones in the gym. All gains have been linear. This week got my NAD+ & Muscle Scrapping/Cupping session done. Continuing on a great path of improvement and regaining confidence and strength.

Plan is recovery today. Picked up some additional items from BJ to help control cravings. Semaglutide and AOD9604 are working beautifully.

Getting a script for reading glasses and getting a blood draw as I’ve been flagged from donations ever since my hospitalization. It’s been two and half years and I can’t seem to get my blood count in range just to donate. Ughhh.

Tomorrow I plan to hit chest with the following workout:

- Chest Power Focus
2@305x3 | 2@325x2 | 1@345x1
Accessories
Incline Db 4x8-10 @ 75lbs
{Assisted} Pull Ups 4x5
Bb Row 3x8
Dips/Bb Curls 3x10-15

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Vlog Day 3

Getting a lot done. Hitting milestones in the gym. All gains have been linear. This week got my NAD+ & Muscle Scrapping/Cupping session done. Continuing on a great path of improvement and regaining confidence and strength.

Plan is recovery today. Picked up some additional items from BJ to help control cravings. Semaglutide and AOD9604 are working beautifully.

Getting a script for reading glasses and getting a blood draw as I’ve been flagged from donations ever since my hospitalization. It’s been two and half years and I can’t seem to get my blood count in range just to donate. Ughhh.

Tomorrow I plan to hit chest with the following workout:

- Chest Power Focus
2@305x3 | 2@325x2 | 1@345x1
Accessories
{Assisted} Pull Ups 4x5
Bb Row 3x8
Dips/Bb Curls 3x10-15
Who were you flagged by? If it was the local hospital, I will bet the American Red Cross will except you donation. I had the same thing happen to me.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
I was flagged by Blood Donor Center in Apple Hill in York, Pa. They collect all donations in the area regardless where you donate. If you try to go anywhere in the area your information is in the system. I finally was cleared last week. My GP stopped my TRT. I can no longer be on it. They have found it was causing my red blood cells to increase. Covid screwed up my system to where TRT is no longer possible. I will have low T for rest of my life. My blood count has normalized after months of being off TRT. I can now donate again. It's been a ride in last 3 years. I was on TRT for maybe 2 years at most prior to getting severely sick with Covid. 6 months after being released from hospital. It's no longer an option. People will now realize my size has always been from hard work and dedication to the iron game.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was flagged by Blood Donor Center in Apple Hill in York, Pa. They collect all donations in the area regardless where you donate. If you try to go anywhere in the area your information is in the system. I finally was cleared last week. My GP stopped my TRT. I can no longer be on it. They have found it was causing my red blood cells to increase. Covid screwed up my system to where TRT is no longer possible. I will have low T for rest of my life. My blood count has normalized after months of being off TRT. I can now donate again. It's been a ride in last 3 years. I was on TRT for maybe 2 years at most prior to getting severely sick with Covid. 6 months after being released from hospital. It's no longer an option. People will now realize my size has always been from hard work and dedication to the iron game.
Well that stinks,

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
VLOG Day 4

I'm hitting PRs left and right. I just haven;t posted exact numbers and workouts. Some milestones are
Bench Press: 350lbs
Incline Bench Press: 315lbs x doubles.
Db Incline: 100lbs
Db Flat 115lbs
Shoulder press: 75lbs
Dips: 10x10
Hammer Strength: 6 plates {3 per side w/ a hold with one arm, single arm 10 reps then double arm}

I can't stress enough the strength levels i've achieved through and through. I've stayed the course with the supplementation and nutrition. You can hardly even tell I was hospitalized almost 2 years ago. No one would even believe me once you see me that i even had the experience I had. I guess I can attirbute that to my dedication and commitment to the iron.

I'm planning out my next strength cycle and it looks as though I will be back to four plates by Septmeber. I'm taking my time, hitting every muscle and getting as dense and striong as possible. Although I didn't list squat and deads I know the numbers but I hit those very different than bench.

Just purchased a Nordic Trac Elliptical 14.9. `It says the max capacity is 350lbs but I will test it out. I'm a solid 385lbs and seem to renain at this weight no matter what I do. I don't wear it the same as most would believe. My bodyfat percentage is below 24%. I'm almost back to the point I can do pullups. At this weight I just become a monster. Once I can do pullups I'm]ll work to increase the numbers but build a more solid back. I don't wear the 385 the same as I did previous to covid. I was much more flabby. This time I much more dense.

Lastly, I'm getting called back to work with 1st Phorm. I stepped away due to other obligations. This time around I will be more in tune to the legionaire program and capable of helping others. It will fun to reach and get others to understand their products and assist with their goals and training.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
VLOG Day 4

I'm hitting PRs left and right. I just haven;t posted exact numbers and workouts. Some milestones are
Bench Press: 350lbs
Incline Bench Press: 315lbs x doubles.
Db Incline: 100lbs
Db Flat 115lbs
Shoulder press: 75lbs
Dips: 10x10
Hammer Strength: 6 plates {3 per side w/ a hold with one arm, single arm 10 reps then double arm}

I can't stress enough the strength levels i've achieved through and through. I've stayed the course with the supplementation and nutrition. You can hardly even tell I was hospitalized almost 2 years ago. No one would even believe me once you see me that i even had the experience I had. I guess I can attirbute that to my dedication and commitment to the iron.

I'm planning out my next strength cycle and it looks as though I will be back to four plates by Septmeber. I'm taking my time, hitting every muscle and getting as dense and striong as possible. Although I didn't list squat and deads I know the numbers but I hit those very different than bench.

Just purchased a Nordic Trac Elliptical 14.9. `It says the max capacity is 350lbs but I will test it out. I'm a solid 385lbs and seem to renain at this weight no matter what I do. I don't wear it the same as most would believe. My bodyfat percentage is below 24%. I'm almost back to the point I can do pullups. At this weight I just become a monster. Once I can do pullups I'm]ll work to increase the numbers but build a more solid back. I don't wear the 385 the same as I did previous to covid. I was much more flabby. This time I much more dense.

Lastly, I'm getting called back to work with 1st Phorm. I stepped away due to other obligations. This time around I will be more in tune to the legionaire program and capable of helping others. It will fun to reach and get others to understand their products and assist with their goals and training.
385 lbs is a monster and I would love to see you post a pic. Be proud of your accomplishments and look forward to becoming an even better version of yourself! Good luck in reaching your goals!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Vlog Day 5

Todays workout will consist of Light Chest & Arms
Been working out with a friend who pushes himself much harder than I ever did. Especially on workouts involving other muscles. By training with him I've been able to expedite my results and get back to my former self. I've been progressing fairly fast. Based on my tracking I should be at 405 by September.

Chest
Bench Press
265x6, 2@285x5, 2@295x4
Incline Db
100lbs, 3x10
Flat Bench
100lbs, 3x10
Dips
Bdwt, 4x10

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
385 lbs is a monster and I would love to see you post a pic. Be proud of your accomplishments and look forward to becoming an even better version of yourself! Good luck in reaching your goals!
They changed how you add quotes. I finally figured it out I think. Geez. Thats a side effect of getting older and not paying attention. At least for me. There were so many times I tried to answer you directly but didn't know how to add it. They changed it. I definitely will post a pic when I get to a point I feel I'm ready to reveal my hard work. It's going to satisfying becuase i have a lot of doubters and people who don't listen to knowledge I try to give them in this strength game. I've been back for 2.5 years. I'm still on a reconstruction phase. I'm very proud of myself. I literally escaped death and had the fortitude to walk back in the gym and believe in myself. I'm exhausted all the time between work and training but the results outweigh the fatugue.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They changed how you add quotes. I finally figured it out I think. Geez. Thats a side effect of getting older and not paying attention. At least for me. There were so many times I tried to answer you directly but didn't know how to add it. They changed it. I definitely will post a pic when I get to a point I feel I'm ready to reveal my hard work. It's going to satisfying becuase i have a lot of doubters and people who don't listen to knowledge I try to give them in this strength game. I've been back for 2.5 years. I'm still on a reconstruction phase. I'm very proud of myself. I literally escaped death and had the fortitude to walk back in the gym and believe in myself. I'm exhausted all the time between work and training but the results outweigh the fatugue.
Keep pushing, life can be better !!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Vlog Day 6
3/3/23

Continuing on this lifelong journey, I finally feel like things are moving in the right direction. Last three years have been nothing short of trials and tribulations. The Covid lockdowns, losing my father to covid and dying, I can't understand why I'm still here. Everyday people take their own life but yet God seemed to believe I needed to remain here and compete a mission. I'm extremely grateful for his grace. I wake up daily thanking him for another opportunity to please him and allowing me another day with my wife and kids.

I have tons to improve on and growth to do whether emotionally, physically and financially in order to secure my family future. Too many things happening in this world not to do so. I don't want my kids having to depend on the government or anyone otherwise to achieve their goals and dreams. I feel it's my responsibility to ensure they have all the tools necessary in life to be successful. Too many people have kids and expect them to find their own way. In fact, those kids didn't ask to be here. Anyways, I''ll continue this discussion another time.

Things to Note
This week I went to MOTIVE Health for Muscle Cupping & Scrapping. I also went to Restore Lancaster for IV Therapy and whole-body Cryotherapy. I received my new NordicTrac Elliptical. This weekend I will test it out. Although it has a max weight capacity at 350lbs, I'm over that by 34lbs. We will see if it can manage my size.

Today workout will consist of JACKED FRIDAY!

Load The Barrel
1. Bench Press
2@295x6 | 2@315x2 | 1@350xNeg.
2. Incline Bench Press
185@10x10 {3min Rest}

TORSO THICKENING
3. BB OH Press 4x5 ss/W
BB Row 10,10,5,5
4. DB Pullovers 3x10 ss/w
Dips 3x10

Right To Bear Arms
5. EZbar SkullCr. 3x10 ss/w
BB Curls 3x10 ss/w
Db Hammers 3x25

Cardio
9. BB Shrugs 3x25

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Keep up the work, the ethic, and the grounding of yourself in what you need to accomplish on this earth for your family, friends, and personally. You're doing it every single day. All I know if this iron life has taught me anything, is that:

Every set back you put behind you.
You don't know what tomorrow will bring.
Keep it positive!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Blog Day 7

Taking the this week off from training and planning workouts, nutrition work and recovery.
My main training partner is on vacation. Since I began training I’ve hardly taking many days off. A few days in between here and their but I felt the toll. Since Sunday, I hit my numbers and satisfied with where I am right now to take this week to reflect and recover from all the heavy lifting. I plan to be back in the gym before he returns this coming Sunday. I’ll begin on my own on Friday. I’ll look to hit another milestone. This time a long negative @ 365lbs. I know I haven’t posted much on my other lifts but that’s because their so intense and detailed that I’m exhausted once we are finished I don’t care to write it. The ones I post are ones I already worked out ahead of time. In fact I wrote my entire bench program a year ahead. It’s already planned out. Here is what Friday will look like:

- [ ] Chest Power Focus | #6
2@305x3 | 2@320x2 | 1@360xNeg.
{Assisted} Pull Ups 4x5
Bb Row 3x8
Dips/Bb Curls 3x10-15
Db OH Pullovers | 65lbs 10x10

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established

VLOG Day 8

Time for an update. Big outage starting at work this week. I've been staying on track and began an AM/PM routine to help maintain the course. I was told recently while training at the gym I was getting bigger. Not in a bad way but more upper body thickness. I thanked them for the compliment. This can be confirmed not only by the scale but also due to now outgrowing 3xlt shirts. After leaving rehab July 2021, I managed to get a XLT over my small shoulders. One arm I was unable to lift above parallel. Now I'm barely fitting 3XLT and in some cases settling for 4XLT when it comes to jackets again. Ironically, I'm hovering at the same weight pre-COVID but more muscular and better conditioning.

Come June 2023 I'm excited to see where I'll be. This will be my official beginning to achieving a true summer body for 2024. The last place for me to lean out is my belly. It's protruding less daily. I'm working abs 2-3 times a week. Slowly trying to progress back to ab wheel rollouts and increasing distance to roll out flat before returning to start position. Eventually work to doing pullups as prework to bench. At most 3-5 sets of 5 reps will be plenty. Eventually maintaining a 405 bench well into my retirement years. Yes, I plan to be that guy.

Some of the things I've added to my weekly, biweekly & monthly regiment.

Rest & Recovery
Sauna {Pa Fitness}
IV Therapy & NAD+ {Restore Lancaster}
Cryotherapy {Restore Lancaster}
Muscle Cupping & Scraping {Motive Health}

Supplemets
Power Bars {1st Phorm}
Creatine {Tango} {Redcon1}
AOD9604 & Ares {Semiglutide} - {Titan Medical Center}

Daily Nutrition
Salads
Nuts & Berries
Fruit {2 Bananas/Apple}
Yogurt
Protein
Peanut Butter Sandwich
M&M McFlurry {McDonalds}
Diet Ice Tea {Turkey Hill}
100oz Water

This is a general list. I will as necessary to give you the full picture of what I do and focus on. Again, this is true to my journey. This is what has brought me back from the dead. truly blessed to be alive and I'm going to take this opportunity to utilize every gift god gave me to flourish. He kept me here for a reason.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congratulations !!
Can I ask how much the Semagultide is from Titian ?
Not sure about this M&M McFlurry {McDonalds} ??

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations !!
Can I ask how much the Semagultide is from Titian ?
Not sure about this M&M McFlurry {McDonalds} ??
I believe the Semiglutide from Titan is approximately $475 and it lasts 13 weeks. You begin with 10 units and move up to 20 units through duration. If you need to increase then you can discuss with what would be necessary. Their very good at communicating throughout your journey. They’ll contact you just see how your progressing.

I joke about a daily M&M McFlurry! I do eat them because it’s a treat throughout the week after a long day at work or great training day. I have them specifically worked into my macros to allow for it.

I also take AOD9604 from Titan. It’s a great combination for fat loss. You add in all the other recovery methods and I’m progressing quite nicely.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I believe the Semiglutide from Titan is approximately $475 and it lasts 13 weeks. You begin with 10 units and move up to 20 units through duration. If you need to increase then you can discuss with what would be necessary. Their very good at communicating throughout your journey. They’ll contact you just see how your progressing.

I joke about a daily M&M McFlurry! I do eat them because it’s a treat throughout the week after a long day at work or great training day. I have them specifically worked into my macros to allow for it.

I also take AOD9604 from Titan. It’s a great combination for fat loss. You add in all the other recovery methods and I’m progressing quite nicely.
I was wondering I see MA Research has Semaglutide now.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
VLOG Day 9

Been working excessively again. Working 12–14 hour days. My body is taking a beating. This will last until end of April. working through the weekends as well. I was off last two days. I took the time to do some recovery. Cryotherapy, NAD+ IV, Compression, Muscle Cupping & Scrapping. I then rested until the next day and worked out with my friends. We hit chest.

Bench Press
2@315x5, 2@340x2, 1@350lbsx1 {ALL PRs}

Incline Db Bench
3@90lbsx10, 1@100lbsx10

Cable Flyes {Upper/Lower/Middle}
3@30lbsx15

I'm well on my way to hitting more milestones and returning to my former self. I've picked out three competitions which will help remain on track. Based on my age and calculations I will become a World Record Holder, Pa States holder and Top 20 lifter through RPS Powerlifting for Bench. Next year I'll compete in Push/Pull and the year after I'll go full power. The next three years will be epic.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congratulations on the PR's and I think it is great you have some goals and competitions picked out. It always helps to have that extra motivation !!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations on the PR's and I think it is great you have some goals and competitions picked out. It always helps to have that extra motivation !!
I’m thinking of bringing each of the three major compound lift up over the course of three years. Focused on strength.

Once I set records through my 54 birthday I’ll focus on muscle density. I’ll be in the 50-54 Masters bracket.

This will give me time to really build and incorporate some calisthenic movements as well as intensive movements. I can also scale down workouts based on extreme work schedule.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I really like your long term thinking...................... It is a marathon not a sprint !!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
VLOG Day 10
March 31, 2023

Finally picked a meet to make my return to powerlifting competition. It’s going to be July 15 at RPS POWERLIFTING held in York Pa. I think I’ll be able to reach another milestone but this time with judges. I want 8 plates with no struggle. It’ll be my first meet at 50 years old. 2 years since leaving the hospital with a cane and walker after fighting for my life for 12 weeks. I left the hospital July 26, 2021.

I remember everything that occurred like it was yesterday from the time entering the hospital to when I was intubated. Through waking up 6 weeks later with no muscle control or ability to speak or eat. Waking to my wife and kids voice begging for me to come back and not leave them.

God is good.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
VLOG Day 10
March 31, 2023

Finally picked a meet to make my return to powerlifting competition. It’s going to be July 15 at RPS POWERLIFTING held in York Pa. I think I’ll be able to reach another milestone but this time with judges. I want 8 plates with no struggle. It’ll be my first meet at 50 years old. 2 years since leaving the hospital with a cane and walker after fighting for my life for 12 weeks. I left the hospital July 26, 2021.

I remember everything that occurred like it was yesterday from the time entering the hospital to when I was intubated. Through waking up 6 weeks later with no muscle control or ability to speak or eat. Waking to my wife and kids voice begging for me to come back and not leave them.

God is good.
I am in Carlisle, PA keep us informed, I may come watch !!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Vlog Day 11

Hit some huge numbers on the bench. After a few days of working 12s and no gym for a week I had two days off and decided to hit my numbers for the bench cycle back to back for the end of last week and beginning of this week

April 1, 2023
2@310x2 | 1@335x3 | 1@355x1
April 2, 2023
1@300x5 | 2@330x2 | 2@350x2

I wasn’t sure if this was going to go well but it did considering fatigue, time and nutrition throughout the week. It seems to be still on the upswing and I’ll land at my desired lift come competition time. Definitely a milestone to do this much weight back to back. I’m truly blessed to be able to this again.

Also went to first cryoslimming session of 5. We will see if it improves my midsection and maybe add another 5 session to equal 10 total. This will compliment my nutrition and training to get that aesthetic look I’m looking to achieve.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Vlog Day 11

Hit some huge numbers on the bench. After a few days of working 12s and no gym for a week I had two days off and decided to hit my numbers for the bench cycle back to back for the end of last week and beginning of this week

April 1, 2023
2@310x2 | 1@335x3 | 1@355x1
April 2, 2023
1@300x5 | 2@330x2 | 2@350x2

I wasn’t sure if this was going to go well but it did considering fatigue, time and nutrition throughout the week. It seems to be still on the upswing and I’ll land at my desired lift come competition time. Definitely a milestone to do this much weight back to back. I’m truly blessed to be able to this again.

Also went to first cryoslimming session of 5. We will see if it improves my midsection and maybe add another 5 session to equal 10 total. This will compliment my nutrition and training to get that aesthetic look I’m looking to achieve.

Great news be proud !!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Blog Day 12

Bench
Warm Up
3@135x10, 2@225x10, 275x10
Work Sets
1@320x3 | 1@340x2 | 2@365x1

Major Milestone
Hit 365lbs for two singles.

After work stopped in at Restore Lancaster for Cryotherapy, Red Light Therapy, Compression and IV Drip {Wonder Juice}.

Planning to get cupping & scrapping tomorrow for total recovery.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Blog Day 12

Bench
Warm Up
3@135x10, 2@225x10, 275x10
Work Sets
1@320x3 | 1@340x2 | 2@365x1

Major Milestone
Hit 365lbs for two singles.

After work stopped in at Restore Lancaster for Cryotherapy, Red Light Therapy, Compression and IV Drip {Wonder Juice}.

Planning to get cupping & scrapping tomorrow for total recovery.
This all sounds expensive ??

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
This all sounds expensive ??
It does sound expensive but I work excessive hours at times, and we are in the middle of an outage where we are doing a lot of upgrades. This requires a lot of standing and mental gymnastics. It drains me heavily. To recover from 16 hours days, 5 days a week and still be responsible for two other nitrogen plants while upgrading a third is taxing. This keeps me in the game and the expense to be exhausted and fail is much more costly. I have yet to lose strength, my gains all have been linear. Hitting 365lbs for a single is exciting for me. Closing in on 50. People tend to believe I'm a decade younger. They don't understand how I do it or even returned to my former self. I was being p=laughed at two years ago when I re-entered the gym with a walker and frail. I fought to lift my let arm above parallel because it had a separation from lying on bed for 3 months. I was being flipped while intubated to keep from getting bed ulcers. This caused shoulder to separate. When you mention the cost as being expensive, I understand. To me it s much more costly to not be able to do the things I want to do outside of work. This gives me the best chances of remining healthy without issue. Covid wrecked my body heavily, I'm doing everything to repair it and prevent it from happening again. If I didn't take care of myself the way I have up to this point, then I would have never left that hospital. Believe me I wasn't doing even half of what I do now. Lasltly, I utilize my HSA to pay for it all. Not only do I not see the money, it is pretax dollars and it reduces my total taxable income at year end.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It does sound expensive but I work excessive hours at times, and we are in the middle of an outage where we are doing a lot of upgrades. This requires a lot of standing and mental gymnastics. It drains me heavily. To recover from 16 hours days, 5 days a week and still be responsible for two other nitrogen plants while upgrading a third is taxing. This keeps me in the game and the expense to be exhausted and fail is much more costly. I have yet to lose strength, my gains all have been linear. Hitting 365lbs for a single is exciting for me. Closing in on 50. People tend to believe I'm a decade younger. They don't understand how I do it or even returned to my former self. I was being p=laughed at two years ago when I re-entered the gym with a walker and frail. I fought to lift my let arm above parallel because it had a separation from lying on bed for 3 months. I was being flipped while intubated to keep from getting bed ulcers. This caused shoulder to separate. When you mention the cost as being expensive, I understand. To me it s much more costly to not be able to do the things I want to do outside of work. This gives me the best chances of remining healthy without issue. Covid wrecked my body heavily, I'm doing everything to repair it and prevent it from happening again. If I didn't take care of myself the way I have up to this point, then I would have never left that hospital. Believe me I wasn't doing even half of what I do now. Lasltly, I utilize my HSA to pay for it all. Not only do I not see the money, it is pretax dollars and it reduces my total taxable income at year end.
This all makes great sense and I am glad you are taking care of yourself, having that HSA to help with the cost must help a lot. Keep doing what you are doing and stay strong !! (y)

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
VLOG Day 13

Coming off a few days off. I decided to hit chest back-to-back days. Thursday & Friday I did the next two workouts in my bench block. At the very end it will land me at 375lbs. Its been a solid steady climb.

Thursday'
Bench Press
2@300x3, 2@325x2, 1@365xNeg. {10sec}
*The negative and pause on the final set was brutal but worth it.
Blood Donation
Cryotherapy {pre workout}
Sauna 30 min. {post workout}

Friday
Bench Press
1@280x6, 2@295x5, 2@310x4
We hit additional accessories on this day.
Incline Db Press
75, 85, 95, 105x10
Flat Db Press
75, 85, 95x10
Muscle Cupping & Scrapping{Pre workout}
Sauna 20min post workout

Saturday
Working all day today so no gym.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Love Those Bench Numbers - I am jealous !!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
@Rocket3015 I can help you write a bench program. I've followed the same one I've had since 2000. I've gone from only being able to lift my arms to parallel and no weight to 365lbs for a single in 2years. This month is the anniversary month when I got sick. It took that long to get back to this moment. `I've got mine written through next January. so far, I haven't missed.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Rocket3015 I can help you write a bench program. I've followed the same one I've had since 2000. I've gone from only being able to lift my arms to parallel and no weight to 365lbs for a single in 2years. This month is the anniversary month when I got sick. It took that long to get back to this moment. `I've got mine written through next January. so far, I haven't missed.
@HokiePride Thank you! Once I get back to being able to use my right arm I may take you up on this!!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/21 Thursday Vlog Day 14

Still going through a major outage. This has been a damper on my training working 14s and only having 2 days off to
I've kept up with recovery in terms of Cryoskin, Sauna, Cryotherapy, Cupping & Muscle Scrapping, IV & NAD+ therapy. Cryoskin is something I recently added to my regiment due to the lack of weight loss, yet I've been eating clean and drinking plenty of fluids. Bodyfat has been extremely stubborn but I'm beginning to see results. Hopefully by end of summer I'll be closer to goal and begin a new journey on helping others achieve their goals.

Special Session

Incline Bench Press
275 | 5x5
Hammer Machine Row
4Pl | 4x10
Hammer Chest Press
6Pl | 3x10 {w/ Singe Holds}
Dips
4x10
BB Over Head Press
135lbs | 5x5

Post Workout: Sauna 30min.
recoup. I've managed to keep focus on upper body but lower body has taken a hit. From the constant standing and walking my legs have gotten stimulation. Their not lacking too far behind. I've neglected them for quit some time with direct work.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don’t neglect them legs!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Don’t neglect them legs!
Vacation begins week of May 1st. So does Squatober. Reason being because this year their doing it in May as opposed to October due to the coaches obligations that will interfere. This ramps up leg training to five days a week.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
4/28/23

Chest
Bench Press
325# | 5x5, RPE 9.5

Completed all reps and strength continues to climb. Can’t believe I was able to hit these but this is now my baseline for this two scheme.

Db Incline/Flat
75# | 3x10

Hig/Mid Cable fly
4x15

30min SAUNA post workout!

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice Work, Congratulations !!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
5/1/23

PR achieved once again. Think I can probably end at 335# and hold there until months end. Push the 5x5, by 5# increments every month until December.

Weighed in at Doctors office. Came in at a clean 403#, WOW. Stronger, Healthier, Faster than I was at 384# preCovid. Built myself back stronger and beefier, all natural.

Bench Press, RPE 10
330# | 5x5 {No Spotter}

Cable Fly {Mid}
50# | 4x15

Dips
Bdwt | 4x8

Hanging Leg Raised
Bdwt {403#} | 5x5

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m sure it’s here somewhere but how tall are you. ?

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
I’m sure it’s here somewhere but how tall are you. ?
I’m 6’5”

I’ll post pictures soon. It won’t be what most expect!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
5/6/23

Milestone
Bench Press
Warm Up
Bar | 2x20
135# | 2x10
225# | 2x5
275# | 5
335# | 5x5

Machine Cable Flye
4x15

Cable OH Press
4x15

Sauna for recovery @ 45min broken into three stages, 20-15-10.

Following this workout due to the time and energy it takes to build to 335# I used everything I had in the bench. On the final set and rep I stalled at the top and squeezed as onlookers watched me struggle. I racked the weight and set my new 5x5 standard. I’ll do this same weight and two scheme on Sunday and heavy sets on Friday with my gym partner. These reps were unassisted. Next month I plan to move the weight another 5 to 10 lbs and hold for another three weeks. I built this program and sticking to it. It’s been years in the making. I adjust accordingly based on work, family or appointments. No matter what the gains continue on a linear path.