HokiePride...{The Return}...2016

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
December 26, 2023

Bench Press
315Lbs | 5x10 {Milestone}

Hit this with no spotters and no equipment. All grit and dedication. I finally mastered this weight the way I wanted to since leaving the hospital July 2021. Now I’m eyeing the Powerlifting Meet in July. It’s going to be epic to finally lift 8 plates and for a World Record in my weight class and age category. I’ll set the standard and look to best it every year until I can’t do it anymore.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
12/27/23

Arms

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
December 26, 2023

Bench Press
315Lbs | 5x10 {Milestone}

Hit this with no spotters and no equipment. All grit and dedication. I finally mastered this weight the way I wanted to since leaving the hospital July 2021. Now I’m eyeing the Powerlifting Meet in July. It’s going to be epic to finally lift 8 plates and for a World Record in my weight class and age category. I’ll set the standard and look to best it every year until I can’t do it anymore.
Awesome man glad to hear it’s coming along!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
January 10, 2024

Back to work. Been a minute but still working. Need to log my last training session which was:

Bench Press
Bar, 135, 225 {x2/10}
315lbs | 5x10

For first time in a long while I was able to complete an rollouts. Did one set

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
January 31

Bench Press
325lbs | 5x5
Mach. Cable Fly
205lbs | 3x10
Rear Mach Delt Fly
205lbs | 3x10

Still staying strong in the game.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Feb 2 Friday
Plan to bench again today but this time maxing out and seeing if I can complete two tasks. One being lift 405lbs for first time in two years. Maybe hit it for a double and back down.
This morning I was able to complete Ab Rollouts. 4x8.
First time since a month ago. Doms was tough on my belly. We will see how I feel tomorrow and if I can incorporate more often during week.
My plan today |
Bench
135, 225, 275, 315, 405, 315, 275, 225.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday Feb. 20

Staying the course. Still training as usual but knocked the amount of gym days to 1-2 per week due to fatigue levels at new job, I now work in manufacturing. Working 4/12s. Four days on and four days off @ 12hr shifts. Being a supervisor, I'm required to do an extensive amount of walking/standing. Been doing so since November. Don't know how long I'll be doing this type of work since I've had issues staying awake and sore quite often due to my body not being used to the physical demands of the job. Each shift I get stronger. Most of my lower body weakness and mobility was hindered through the covid hospitalization 3yrs ago. I wasn't forced until now be on my feet this often. I'm slowly getting acclimated to the physicality of the job.

On another note, just celebrated 24th wedding anniversary on Feb. 13, 2024. Of course, got her some special things for Valentines Day.

Last Friday hit a milestone.
Bench Press
135{2x10}, 225{2x10}, 275x10, 335lbs {5x5}

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
24 years, congratulations! Definitely something to be proud of. And that 335# 5x5!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
March 17, 2024

Whew.....Been a minute. I was worried about my employment as I began a new job as a manufacturing supervisor November 2023. Working 12-13 hour shifts 4 days on/off. I don't work out much on days I work if at all, but I get a few in on my off rotation. Fatigue played a huge part in how I have to adjust. After standing and walking for 13 hours I'm ready to get rested and sleep for next workday. When I'm off it takes a day or two to recover. Also, the boys were playing basketball up until two weeks ago for their school. My oldest went undefeated and won the championship his first time ever playing. My youngest did well but they have a lot of growing to do as a team. I was leaving work at times and dropping them off or picking up then on weekend they had games. I may get just two days in 8 days. Nonetheless, I'm maintaining my bench numbers and plan to compete in June.

I have a gym across from work that I plan to join which is also 24 hours. I will get more workouts in more often but less volume. Tomorrow I will be fresh off rotation and hopefully hit my numbers on both flat and incline.

Bench 335lbs {5x5}, Incline Bench 315 {3x2}

I've slowly been building my home gym and will add additional home training to perform SBD. This year has been great so far to say the least and my growth and rebuilding from Covid has been tough but increasing. We will see where I peak but I'm striving to hit another 500 bench one day before retiring that Max.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
March 29, 2017

Peeled back on weight and increased volume. Due to work schedule and demand on the job it was affecting how often I could work out. To get more work out the minimal time that I have I decided to place more emphasis on volume this summer.

Bench
275lbs | 4x10, 315 | 1x6
Incline DB | 90lbs, 3x10
Incline Bench | 135x10, 185x10, 225x10, 275x10