Higher calorie protein powders?

robbieboy672

Awards
Hey all, what are your favorite higher calorie protein powders. I don’t mean mass gainers, but more proteins along the lines of Syntha 6. I can’t eat in the morning, so right now I do two scoops of syntha 6 with milk and get around 800 calories.

do any of you have go to “bulking” protein powders you like to use?

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey all, what are your favorite higher calorie protein powders. I don’t mean mass gainers, but more proteins along the lines of Syntha 6. I can’t eat in the morning, so right now I do two scoops of syntha 6 with milk and get around 800 calories.

do any of you have go to “bulking” protein powders you like to use?
maybe blend in some fruit and peanut butter to up the calories and use whole milk

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Here, you can literally customize your protein powder any way you like. If you truly don't want to eat food and dead set on protein powder only then this is going to probably be your best bet

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

robbieboy672

Awards
Dude don't be a fukin crybaby, I'm just busting his balls.

But, everyone can eat in the morning if they want to.
Very true. Guess I should have specified a strong preference for a shake I can make the night before then take with me to drink on my way to work. You’re right, I could wake up earlier and eat.

robbieboy672

Awards

Here, you can literally customize your protein powder any way you like. If you truly don't want to eat food and dead set on protein powder only then this is going to probably be your best bet
Thank you!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you care if the added calories are more from fat or carbs?

Syntha 6 is a bit weird idk if they make products like that as much anymore. XF Ultra Peptide would have been a sweet option, but idk about brands or similar products anymore.

If you don't mind it being a bit more carbs rather than added fat something like Core MRP or PES Smart Mass are decent options.

robbieboy672

Awards
Do you care if the added calories are more from fat or carbs?

Syntha 6 is a bit weird idk if they make products like that as much anymore. XF Ultra Peptide would have been a sweet option, but idk about brands or similar products anymore.

If you don't mind it being a bit more carbs rather than added fat something like Core MRP or PES Smart Mass are decent options.
I don’t have much of a preference. Just want to get high(ish) calories and high protein. Thanks for the suggestions!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Very true. Guess I should have specified a strong preference for a shake I can make the night before then take with me to drink on my way to work. You’re right, I could wake up earlier and eat.
You could also try overnight oats bowls. That's my go to when short on time,

Make a protein shake, stir in your oats and whatever else you want and stick it straight in the fridge and it'll be ready to go in the morning.

robbieboy672

Awards
You could also try overnight oats bowls. That's my go to when short on time,

Make a protein shake, stir in your oats and whatever else you want and stick it straight in the fridge and it'll be ready to go in the morning.
okay awesome that’s a good idea. Thank you.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dude don't be a fukin crybaby, I'm just busting his balls.

But, everyone can eat in the morning if they want to.
you always post like everybody has your exact tolerances and if they arent like you then they are wrong. some people cant eat in the morning it makes them sick. just because you can dont mean they can. so yeah...not helpful at all

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
you always post like everybody has your exact tolerances and if they arent like you then they are wrong. some people cant eat in the morning it makes them sick. just because you can dont mean they can. so yeah...not helpful at all
😭

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If someone doesn't want to eat breakfast then fine, you don't have to eat breakfast, but then you suggest him a shake with blended fruit and peanut butter and protein Powder..... That's eating breakfast

robbieboy672

Awards
@Smont @johnny412 can’t we all just get along 😂?

I appreciate all the advice in the thread, and I’m not upset or bothered by any responses at all. I’m going to look into smartmass by pes, or I’ll keep getting syntha 6 and just toss some chocolate syrup into the shakes. Thank you all for the help!

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Try looking for something like an mrp or weight gainer. Check tge ingredients , most mrps are decent , but weightgainers can have sone crap calories, dovv bc e are alright though.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If someone doesn't want to eat breakfast then fine, you don't have to eat breakfast, but then you suggest him a shake with blended fruit and peanut butter and protein Powder..... That's eating breakfast
its liquified. diff mechanism easier to digest

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe mix in 2tbsp peanut butter for another 200 cals

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Maybe mix in 2tbsp peanut butter for another 200 cals
I had a run recently where I was doing a gas station metrex bar, a banana and coffee with cream for breakfast every day. Very easy to consume while driving untill I realized I was spending $8.69 a day on breakfast.

But the peanut butter part is probably the easiest solution to the problem for him if he's not majorly concerned with fat.

Wake up, take a heaping scoop of peanut butter and wash it down with a protein shake. Could easily consume 1000cal in like 2min this way

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A partial serving of Mutant Mass in some Fairlife milk, or in water with a scoop of whey concentrate/isolate is what I like for around 700-800 calories/45-60g protein depending on what you choose. Scoop, shake, go.

If you have more time, blending quick oats, fruit, pb & milk with protein powder will make a delicious gainer you can precisely tailor macros on.

I had a run recently where I was doing a gas station metrex bar, a banana and coffee with cream for breakfast every day. Very easy to consume while driving untill I realized I was spending $8.69 a day on breakfast.
What if I told you…you can buy those bars by the box & the bananas by the bunch at the grocery? Then you could spend less than half of that. Especially if you fill your own coffee pot at night and set it to brew on a timer before you wake, but I get you may enjoy the gas station coffee.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
A partial serving of Mutant Mass in some Fairlife milk, or in water with a scoop of whey concentrate/isolate is what I like for around 700-800 calories/45-60g protein depending on what you choose. Scoop, shake, go.

If you have more time, blending quick oats, fruit, pb & milk with protein powder will make a delicious gainer you can precisely tailor macros on.

What if I told you…you can buy those bars by the box & the bananas by the bunch at the grocery? Then you could spend less than half of that. Especially if you fill your own coffee pot at night and set it to brew on a timer before you wake, but I get you may enjoy the gas station coffee.
Seriously! They sell these things at the grocery store!!!!

Oh man thanks Hyde lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Seriously! They sell these things at the grocery store!!!!

Oh man thanks Hyde lol
I mean the fact that you were buying them ala carte at gas stations was pretty shocking to me.

That’s got to be one of the laziest things I’ve ever seen

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I mean the fact that you were buying them ala carte at gas stations was pretty shocking to me.

That’s got to be one of the laziest things I’ve ever seen
That's what happens when you didn't meal prep or grocery shop on Sunday and then the next 7 days you gotta get up at 3 a.m and get home from work at 8pm. 5 hours of driving every day means a trip to the gas station every morning. So it was a rush/convince factor.

Going to the grocery store at 8pm that week would have ment skipping the gym or loosing some extra sleep. So for $8 a day for a few days was a good trade off.

Or I could have also skipped breakfast and just ate a bigger portion at meals 4 and 5. That could also be the solution to op not liking breakfast

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's what happens when you didn't meal prep or grocery shop on Sunday and then the next 7 days you gotta get up at 3 a.m and get home from work at 8pm. 5 hours of driving every day means a trip to the gas station every morning. So it was a rush/convince factor.

Going to the grocery store at 8pm that week would have ment skipping the gym or loosing some extra sleep. So for $8 a day for a few days was a good trade off.

Or I could have also skipped breakfast and just ate a bigger portion at meals 4 and 5. That could also be the solution to op not liking breakfast
Yeah if not trying to gain weight, just fasting and eating more later is laziest & possibly healthiest. This is what I normally do on non-training days, or days I train at night.

But if you are trying to grow, getting that first meal in early is so important, because if you fast the hunger never really comes in a gaining phase - your body just keeps adjusting back as it accommodates to the fasting, enjoying the break from digestion. You have to get that meal in to get the feeding cycle going, and a big shake is the easiest way to start the day.

I learned that from Eric Lilliebridge and it always served me well.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah if not trying to gain weight, just fasting and eating more later is laziest & possibly healthiest. This is what I normally do on non-training days, or days I train at night.

But if you are trying to grow, getting that first meal in early is so important, because if you fast the hunger never really comes in a gaining phase - your body just keeps adjusting back as it accommodates to the fasting, enjoying the break from digestion. You have to get that meal in to get the feeding cycle going, and a big shake is the easiest way to start the day.

I learned that from Eric Lilliebridge and it always served me well.
Is Lilliebridge the cube program guy?

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tons of close to or expired protein bars on ebay for like 70% off. Fyi. As long as they aren't hard (can always microwave them) won't be an issue.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
add pancake mix to your protein = gainer, add fruit, nut butters, egg yolk etc.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just because everyone keeps suggesting adding food..... I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that he's not making his morning shake in a blender because he would probably know that he could add food to the blender to get more calories, that's why he's looking for a higher calorie protein powder because he's going to make a shake by hand.

@robbieboy672 is this a correct assumption?

Because while I do like everyone's suggestions of adding food to the shake, you can't shake a banana or any of these things by hand and have them mix.

And the whole not eat breakfast in the morning thing I was under the impression was a lack of time, not because he physically can't eat food....

robbieboy672

Awards
Just because everyone keeps suggesting adding food..... I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that he's not making his morning shake in a blender because he would probably know that he could add food to the blender to get more calories, that's why he's looking for a higher calorie protein powder because he's going to make a shake by hand.

@robbieboy672 is this a correct assumption?

Because while I do like everyone's suggestions of adding food to the shake, you can't shake a banana or any of these things by hand and have them mix.

And the whole not eat breakfast in the morning thing I was under the impression was a lack of time, not because he physically can't eat food....
Yessir that’s spot on. I think for now I’m going to do Two scoops syntha 6, whole milk, and hersheys chocolate syrup. That should get me to 800-1000 calls depending on how much syrup I add in.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just add mct oil. 9 calories per gram . Do 20 grams -50 grams . Easily add on dense calories

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yessir that’s spot on. I think for now I’m going to do Two scoops syntha 6, whole milk, and hersheys chocolate syrup. That should get me to 800-1000 calls depending on how much syrup I add in.
If you blend quick oats ahead of time and store them in a container, or just buy oat powder, you can add that to this shake to add more stable energy from carbs. Easy to add 1-200 calories if needed.

Just another idea.

Just add mct oil. 9 calories per gram . Do 20 grams -50 grams . Easily add on dense calories
50 gram of MCT I would need a toilet break on the way to work.

Stuff lubes the pipes pretty seriously for me!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also, for ppl who do actually have a hard time eating food in the morning, o
If you blend quick oats ahead of time and store them in a container, or just buy oat powder, you can add that to this shake to add more stable energy from carbs. Easy to add 1-200 calories if needed.

Just another idea.

50 gm is almost my entire days worth of fat on a High carb day

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
okay awesome that’s a good idea. Thank you.
You can also mix a mashed up banana, oats, milk of your choice, vanilla protein powder and crushed walnuts to make banana nut overnight oats. They’re damn good

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I like Muscle Feast ‘Whole Oat Powder” to add carbs and increase the total calories of protein shakes.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Just another idea.

At least it’s dense calories you will burn thew so you don’t burn muscles first . Fire . C8 specifically