High Protein breakfast w/o Protein Powder

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Brothers,

I have been on a cut for almost 2 months now and been using my Whey as main source of protein (25gms) for breakfast to get 35-50gms in total. Have been thinking about moving out from using Whey and getting my breakfast only from food (no meat). So, I need your help. Please post what is your go-to high protein breakfast without protein powders during a cut.

Thanks in advance.

DonutsNDeads

DonutsNDeads

Awards
Canadian bacon eggs and egg whites is what I’m doing currently

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, eggs for the win.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Canadian bacon eggs and egg whites is what I’m doing currently
I am not too sure about adding bacon. The bacon I get isn't very lean. Plus, it's salty.. What would you recommend? Cut out the fat and just have the meat?

Yep, eggs for the win.
I add 5 eggs to my breakfast. But, more than that is like giving a fart fest to the people sitting next to me (and it's not funny).My farts are known to cause brain damage. lol

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am not too sure about adding bacon. The bacon I get isn't very lean. Plus, it's salty.. What would you recommend? Cut out the fat and just have the meat?

I add 5 eggs to my breakfast. But, more than that is like giving a fart fest to the people sitting next to me (and it's not funny).My farts are known to cause brain damage. lol
Remember that time you shyt yourself at the gym?? That was funny

maggie.stine

maggie.stine

Awards
Try baked eggs with avocados and wheat bread.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Overnight-oats has been my staple breakfast for a long time now. Here is how I do it.

- Mix oatmeal, eggs, coconutmilk, salt, cinnamon and water.
- 2-3 minutes in the microwave
- Add more water and mix
- 2-3 minutes in microwave
- add apple cider vinegar (to reduce phytic acid)
- put in fridge overnight
- cover with quark, berries and some calorie free syrup (i prefer Walden Farms Chocolate)
- eat!

You can control the protein by the amounts of eggs and quark.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Overnight-oats has been my staple breakfast for a long time now. Here is how I do it.

- Mix oatmeal, eggs, coconutmilk, salt, cinnamon and water.
- 2-3 minutes in the microwave
- Add more water and mix
- 2-3 minutes in microwave
- add apple cider vinegar (to reduce phytic acid)
- put in fridge overnight
- cover with quark, berries and some calorie free syrup (i prefer Walden Farms Chocolate)
- eat!

You can control the protein by the amounts of eggs and quark.
Love Proats. But, I am used to adding a scoop of whey with it. You’re recipe looks good.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been doing some more research into this and came across some studies showing nutritional values of eating................Mealworms as a food source. Dried mealworms are 53% protein, 28% fat, 6% fiber. Haven't come across anything with a carb amount yet. Not sure how you feel about eating bugs, but they are a pretty high protein content.

I'm an adventurous eater and will try anything. I can confirm that dried mealworms taste like burnt popcorn seeds that didn't actually pop. Since I have trouble actually getting enough calories in on a daily basis, I wouldn't be opposed to doing this. If it made eating enough easier.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been doing some more research into this and came across some studies showing nutritional values of eating................Mealworms as a food source. Dried mealworms are 53% protein, 28% fat, 6% fiber. Haven't come across anything with a carb amount yet. Not sure how you feel about eating bugs, but they are a pretty high protein content.

I'm an adventurous eater and will try anything. I can confirm that dried mealworms taste like burnt popcorn seeds that didn't actually pop. Since I have trouble actually getting enough calories in on a daily basis, I wouldn't be opposed to doing this. If it made eating enough easier.
I have had quite a few adventures myself into eating. No worms yet. But, some very special.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's interesting that what is considered acceptable to eat is largely based on where you're from and your upbringing.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think it's interesting that what is considered acceptable to eat is largely based on where you're from and your upbringing.
True.. People in the North East of India eat dog meat.. and it’s considered as any other meat. How about that.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey bro, such a common thing this.

Personally i like proats and typically do that or eggs with smoked salmon

But

Why can't any foods be consumed at breakfast? I'll often just eat whatever food is prepped and ready (chicken and broccoli or sweet potato and chilli etc) - especially when travelling.

Don't limited yourself to traditional breakfast foods

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Brothers,

I have been on a cut for almost 2 months now and been using my Whey as main source of protein (25gms) for breakfast to get 35-50gms in total. Have been thinking about moving out from using Whey and getting my breakfast only from food (no meat). So, I need your help. Please post what is your go-to high protein breakfast without protein powders during a cut.

Thanks in advance.
EGGS. EVERY FUKKIN DAY.

EGGS.

Don't worry about cholesterol... There have been recent studies showing cholesterol from food does not increase cholesterol in your body.

Increased cholesterol in your body is jist from being very unhealthy, no exercise etc.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

Me as well... 5 eggs everyday

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
EGGS. EVERY FUKKIN DAY.

EGGS.

Don't worry about cholesterol... There have been recent studies showing cholesterol from food does not increase cholesterol in your body.

Increased cholesterol in your body is jist from being very unhealthy, no exercise etc.
Let me explain a bit more about the cholesterol...

When you eat too much, your body just stops producing it...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Brothers,

Thanks in advance.
eggwhites two cups

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey bro, such a common thing this.

Personally i like proats and typically do that or eggs with smoked salmon

But

Why can't any foods be consumed at breakfast? I'll often just eat whatever food is prepped and ready (chicken and broccoli or sweet potato and chilli etc) - especially when travelling.

Don't limited yourself to traditional breakfast foods
I just can’t take chicken and broccoli in the morning when I wake up at 5:30AM. I am a traditional breakfast guy.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just can’t take chicken and broccoli in the morning when I wake up at 5:30AM. I am a traditional breakfast guy.
So eggs and mealworms it is!!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meal worms aren't as good as bacon. But better than dog. Carry on

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Brothers,
Thanks in advance.
How about non breakfast foods. Chicken and steak for example. Make eggs and use high protein wraps or bread for added protein. Oatmeal and instead of using water or milk, use egg whites. I know it sounds weird, but I like it. This makes the oatmeal thicker and denser, which I prefer oppose to watery oatmeal. Prepare the oatmeal like you normally would but use egg whites as your liquid. Also, Greek yogurt is high in protein.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How about non breakfast foods. Chicken and steak for example. Make eggs and use high protein wraps or bread for added protein. Oatmeal and instead of using water or milk, use egg whites. I know it sounds weird, but I like it. This makes the oatmeal thicker and denser, which I prefer oppose to watery oatmeal. Prepare the oatmeal like you normally would but use egg whites as your liquid. Also, Greek yogurt is high in protein.
I eat chicken 3 times a day already. I just can’t think about adding chicken to another meal. Steak meat is not available everyday. So there goes steak. Oatmeal with liquid egg whites sounds good. Thanks.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I eat chicken 3 times a day already. I just can’t think about adding chicken to another meal. Steak meat is not available everyday. So there goes steak. Oatmeal with liquid egg whites sounds good. Thanks.
Fish! Salmon is awesome, full of protein, omega fatty acids.

Look up quinoa.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Woops! I didn't read the breakfast part lmao. I don't know how I missed that.

Fish for breakfast would be gross

wdarmy15

wdarmy15

Awards
Eggs, eggs, and lots of eggs! Lol
But I also really enjoy overnight oats. I have a killer chocolate Peanutbutter recipie that is to die for!
-oats
-any chocolate flavored whey powder +tsp of 100% cacao (or choose cacao powder + small amount of stevia if you don't want whey)(add eggs for protein if you need to meet macros)
-powdered peanut butter or reg peanut butter to macros
-almond milk
Mix together with spoon and leave in fridge overnight.
Some kind of reaction happens with the cacao and the peanut butter and it gets so FLUFFY and tasty. Taste similar to whipped icing.

wdarmy15

wdarmy15

Awards
Woops! I didn't read the breakfast part lmao. I don't know how I missed that.

Fish for breakfast would be gross
I eat smoked salmon for breakfast with my eggs all the time! Great source of good fats and just downright tasty.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Eggs, eggs, and lots of eggs! Lol
But I also really enjoy overnight oats. I have a killer chocolate Peanutbutter recipie that is to die for!
-oats
-any chocolate flavored whey powder +tsp of 100% cacao (or choose cacao powder + small amount of stevia if you don't want whey)(add eggs for protein if you need to meet macros)
-powdered peanut butter or reg peanut butter to macros
-almond milk
Mix together with spoon and leave in fridge overnight.
Some kind of reaction happens with the cacao and the peanut butter and it gets so FLUFFY and tasty. Taste similar to whipped icing.
The whole idea of this thread was to have a high protein brefast without protein powder.. I have got couple very good options now.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't understand the statement X food sounds gross at breakfast. If you eat it for lunch or dinner, how does the time of day make it "gross".

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't understand the statement X food sounds gross at breakfast. If you eat it for lunch or dinner, how does the time of day make it "gross".
I have had fish for breakfast. Wouldn’t be my go-to option though. Not gross at all. Love some light tuna or salmon..

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Good point. I guess its all in how you cook it?

wdarmy15

wdarmy15

Awards
The whole idea of this thread was to have a high protein brefast without protein powder.. I have got couple very good options now.
That's why I put the no whey option in the recipie?
Just add egg to the recipie for protein.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Exactly, I’ve eaten curry for breakfast before. No different to having it anytime of day. It’s all fats protein and carbs at the end of the day (or beginning of the day lol)