High Cholesterol / Statin feedback

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Holyshit, I dont know what did the trick but my bad cholesterol went down 100 points! I imagine the supplements and garlic played some part because my numbers are even better than 2018. Ecstatic right now.

2018 June (right after a cut) Now
Trig 58 126 57
HDL 71 82 80
LDL 176 233 132
VLDL. 12 22 10

I SO APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S FEEDBACK!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Awesome, good for you! What supplements did you end up using? I think Niacin is a underrated supp, the flush can be uncomfortable but the benefits are good.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
See post #33. Also note that I went from eating 3-4 eggs daily to 2 a week. I also switched to isolate protein.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow man, congrats. I just had my test done and I’m pretty sure I’ll be told on Monday that statins are a go. I’ve also decided to decrease eggs (which seem to affect only some people), and will start your recommendations from post 33. Again, nice job!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

my own experience with chol numbers were eye opener. I was truly baffled.. how did i get in much better shape yet numbers got worse. I Did Alotta research. Asked my doc for fractionated panel, ldl particle size, apoe, apoA, insulin, many more good indicators whom denied my request. I threw my hands in air in confusion. I mean i ran sub 6 min mile, 7:12 on 2k rower while totaling 1000#. Doing mostly torturous crossfit workouts. Those chol numbers didnt make any sense. I was eating mostly low carb + fasting. Did alot of fasted training, i was “fat adapted” by the termed coin. I am even more now. Appears that more LDL is produced by the body when demand is higher. Problem
Is if that ldl becomes oxidized. W/ good diet, exercise, no smoke/toxins, low sugar/insulin oxidation is minimal. Then analysis of ldl particle size: large fluffy ldl particles vs small dense. Some docs fail to look at thr whole picture n just wanna treat labs. I was told by mine work on diet n exercise more. Pfffff

Good luck
I finally got around to watching these videos. That's some eye opening sh!t especially the first one that ripped apart statins. The second video went into great detail about cholesterol and how it turns bad. Thanks!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just saw this thread and I'll be adding in niacin. Recently had my labs and it seems like each year my lipids are creeping the wrong direction, except for triglyceride for some reason. Not bad yet, but I don't think my 3-4 egg a day habit and 3-4 days a week of steak can be done anymore. I'll be cutting that with egg white replacement and 1-2 days a week of red meat.

Cholesterol total 205
Tri 80
HDL 58
VLDL 14
LDL 142