Herring beats Goodridge

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Herring beat Goodridge in K-1 a few days ago. It was his second match after his knee surgery and was away for quite a while.
UFC should've tried hard to sign Herring when they had the chance.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it would've been nice to have Heath in the UFC. He could beat probably everyone in the UFC minus Arlovski. I'd love to see Herring/Sylvia. But for now it looks like 1 or 2 matches a year in K-1 MMA.

Jake360

Awards
Herring would give AA a run for his money. Herring is well-rounded and only looses to the best. AA is untested IMO, he has only fought C level fighters.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't see him beating Arlovski though. Herring's #1 weapon(knees from north/south) would be taken away in the UFC. I don't know about C level fighters, but you're right he has not been truely tested. It just seems hes slightly better at everything then Herring.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Herring would give AA a run for his money. Herring is well-rounded and only looses to the best. AA is untested IMO, he has only fought C level fighters.
Sylvia's cage grab against Assuerio was disgraceful but he isn't just C class. Sylvia is bigger than everyone except Schilt and McGee.

Doomsday

Awards
UFC needs some heavies.
I agree 100%. Andrei Arlovski is outclasses everyone in the UFC. Frank Mir is good, but he gasses too easy. Sylvia is big, strong and hits hard, but has no ground game. Pretty weak division. I'd like to see Arlovski against some of the premeir heavies like Herring or Fedor.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree 100%. Andrei Arlovski is outclasses everyone in the UFC. Frank Mir is good, but he gasses too easy. Sylvia is big, strong and hits hard, but has no ground game. Pretty weak division. I'd like to see Arlovski against some of the premeir heavies like Herring or Fedor.
Arlovski is about to finish his UFC contract in the next pay-per-view. Rumor is he will jump ship to Pride for big $$. Not only would it be a good business decision, but he could silence his critics.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
It'd be great to have Arlovski in Pride, but I don't think he'll be silencing the critics. IMO he would lose to Fedor, Nog, Crocop, Hunt, and maybe a few others. He's got great potential, but he needs to fight tough competition to improve.