Help to avoid Green tea powder with fixed caffeine doses

Kloppstock

Awards
Hello!
I purchase Green tea extract to a person who dont swallow capsule so i pour the the powder
into yogurt and apperently it tasted good with the first brand i tested (i dont wanna mention the name, if i risk being banned for commersial?)
on its online label description it says that green tea in general contains caffeine but when checking ingrediences there is no info if this capsules contains caffeine

Then i tested this week a new Green tea extract brand replacement-prospect that also had the silica dioxine that i want included
On its label it says "This extract provides naturally occurring caffeine, maximum amount of 21 mg per capsule."

And it tasted really strong and crap and was inedible as a powder, and i imagine its the caffeine that produced that taste, and not silica
:)
what do you think?
Its powder also had not the light green/yellow/gray color tones either, the powder color was instead coral!
Anyone know why?

What is your experience? does all brands with tea extract that write out "caffeine" in ingrediences with a fixed dose

the only ones that will have a powder that taste ****?

I dont believe that all Green Tea Extracts that doesnt taste **** have to be decaffeinated am i right or wrong?
Since i see both brands that write "decaffeinated" and brands that dont write anything (not standardised caffeine dose?)

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Honestly, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking .... Or what you're hoping to get from green tea powder.
Do you want caffeine, or not?

I'm sure there's a small language barrier.

Caffeine is bitter.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Green Tea Extract contains caffeine unless it is specifically a decaffeinated extract.

Some brands list how much is in theirs, some brands don't - and most of the time, they are within their legal rights not to because the amount contained may be so low that its considered trivial - for example, less than an average chocolate bar or less than a cup of decaffeinated coffee.

Silicon Dioxide (Silica) is an ingredient that is added to capsule products to help the material mix and go into capsules more easily and helps with uniformity of dosing; and is added to powder products to help them keep from clumping.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe try Macha tea. I've used a few brands and it's never bitter. It is a form of green tea.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Maybe try Macha tea. I've used a few brands and it's never bitter. It is a form of green tea.
I like Matcha Green tea myself, I love the flavor, but it does have an average of more caffeine than regular green tea - I love it, just pointing that out as it seems like the TS is trying to avoid caffeine.

I had actually thought about trying to do a Matcha flavored Focus XT I like the flavor so much and thought it would be unique.

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like Matcha Green tea myself, I love the flavor, but it does have an average of more caffeine than regular green tea - I love it, just pointing that out as it seems like the TS is trying to avoid caffeine.

I had actually thought about trying to do a Matcha flavored Focus XT I like the flavor so much and thought it would be unique.
I like it as well. AI Sports had a matcha product I liked. Went through countless tubs of it.

cakecamel

Awards
Tea extract brands and their caffeine content. It's possible that the strong and unpleasant taste you experienced with the new brand could be due to the caffeine content. As for the powder color being coral, it's hard to say without knowing the specific brand and manufacturing process.
Regarding your question about whether all Green Tea Extracts that taste good have to be decaffeinated, it's not necessarily the case. Some brands may use a lower amount of caffeine or use a process to remove it while still maintaining flavor. However, if you're specifically looking for a decaffeinated option, it's important to look for that labeling on the product.

Kloppstock

Awards
Tea extract brands and their caffeine content. It's possible that the strong and unpleasant taste you experienced with the new brand could be due to the caffeine content. As for the powder color being coral, it's hard to say without knowing the specific brand and manufacturing process.
Regarding your question about whether all Green Tea Extracts that taste good have to be decaffeinated, it's not necessarily the case. Some brands may use a lower amount of caffeine or use a process to remove it while still maintaining flavor. However, if you're specifically looking for a decaffeinated option, it's important to look for that labeling on the product.
Allright thank you, anyone know if its allowed to mention brands in this threads? or against commersial rules

Kloppstock

Awards
Just don't start posting links to random websites
Thats what i did last time :) and the account got banned, so now
i need to talk to moderator on this board, but i dont find any info on the board
who is in charge?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thats what i did last time :) and the account got banned, so now
i need to talk to moderator on this board, but i dont find any info on the board
who is in charge?
There's no1 to talk to, i'm telling you you're NOT ALLOWED to post links to random websites.

So last time you posted a link and were banned. Don't post links!

All you have to do is type in the name of the brand of the supplement or post a picture.

20230418_151040.jpg

Here's a picture of a supplement I take and the name is right on the bottle. Nothing illegal here because i'm not linking you to a website to buy a product

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep, no external links. The only places you can link to for supplements are board sponsors. So any company in the Company List, and any companies who are board sponsors. Other than that you are golden. If you want to ask any other questions you can reach out to the user "Admin".

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The forum has such a hard time with spam posting that anytime a new user comes on here and posts outside links, they are going to get reported and banned. But they may also get banned if it is obvious that they are just coming here to promote products - even if its just posting a picture and telling someone where to buy.

Most of the time this happens, its brands that no one has ever heard of and are scams - and the Admin being strict on that is protecting both board sponsors and also protecting members of this community from possibly getting scammed.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP any chance the person could just drink green tea a few times a day?

Otherwise look for a company that caps green tea ext. caffeine free.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The forum has such a hard time with spam posting that anytime a new user comes on here and posts outside links, they are going to get reported and banned. But they may also get banned if it is obvious that they are just coming here to promote products - even if its just posting a picture and telling someone where to buy.

Most of the time this happens, its brands that no one has ever heard of and are scams - and the Admin being strict on that is protecting both board sponsors and also protecting members of this community from possibly getting scammed.
Yes, we need to protect and support our supporters and sponsors. Like Steve here ^^^ (SNS), one of the most stand up guys you will find in the supplement industry. I definitely recommend if you are looking for anything high quality to go with SNS, CEL, Believe Supplements, and one other that for some reason has slipped my mind. You truly make a positive impact not only with your supplements but the information you share freely with anyone who asks.
OP any chance the person could just drink green tea a few times a day?

Otherwise look for a company that caps green tea ext. caffeine free.
He has a serious aversion to swallowing pills which is why he was looking for a powder.

Also OP most of us who take powders just toss the spoon in our mouths then shoot it down with a chaser to get it over with. Then rinse your mouth at and move on with your day and the rest of your nutrition. It's kind of like taking a shot of everclear. You wouldn't want to just sip on that stuff over a period of time you shoot it, chase it, and then move on.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes, we need to protect and support our supporters and sponsors. Like Steve here ^^^ (SNS), one of the most stand up guys you will find in the supplement industry. I definitely recommend if you are looking for anything high quality to go with SNS, CEL, Believe Supplements, and one other that for some reason has slipped my mind. You truly make a positive impact not only with your supplements but the information you share freely with anyone who asks.

He has a serious aversion to swallowing pills which is why he was looking for a powder.

Also OP most of us who take powders just toss the spoon in our mouths then shoot it down with a chaser to get it over with. Then rinse your mouth at and move on with your day and the rest of your nutrition. It's kind of like taking a shot of everclear. You wouldn't want to just sip on that stuff over a period of time you shoot it, chase it, and then move on.
Thank you. I really appreciate it. I want to comment though that I am not associated with Believe Supplements at all. I think that you meant Muscle Addiction maybe.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Well he talked about opening capsules
"
Then i tested this week a new Green tea extract brand replacement-prospect that also had the silica dioxine that i want included
On its label it says "This extract provides naturally occurring caffeine, maximum amount of 21 mg per capsule."

So I assumed he was open to opening capsules. If I'm wrong a simple search for caffeine free green tea ext powder should find him something.

Kloppstock

Awards

Yes i figured that, but now when Admin sees this thread im going to ask him to unban me, cause i had a my precious profile with 60+ posts here :) and "contact us" did not bring any answer

Last edited:

Kloppstock

Awards
Well he talked about opening capsules
"

So I assumed he was open to opening capsules. If I'm wrong a simple search for caffeine free green tea ext powder should find him something.
Yes the swedish company who produced the first bottle refuse to write if its decaffeinated or just a mini dose, but now i messaged them and they are going to ask their experts lol, and while they doing that i found this brand that may not be coral tasting that i have purchased
Namnlös123.jpg

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
NOW Foods is a top quality supplement company - they're my go to on most any basic vitamin, mineral, herb, etc.

As I explained above, the silicon dioxide in the other ingredients is an ingredient that is considered to be a flow agent in that it helps the powder flow smoothly into the capsules for accurate dosage per capsule.

Kloppstock

Awards
NOW Foods is a top quality supplement company - they're my go to on most any basic vitamin, mineral, herb, etc.

As I explained above, the silicon dioxide in the other ingredients is an ingredient that is considered to be a flow agent in that it helps the powder flow smoothly into the capsules for accurate dosage per capsule.
Im dissapointed

Check this familiar almost coral colour that are caffeinated excluded 4 mg.
And the person who ate Nows' EGCg complained to me on its powder taste :) even though it was a bitt better than the other brand who had 20+ mg caffeine
Problem.jpg

I start to get unsure wether this strong taste is actually caused by caffeine??

Is there any other ingrediences you see that makes either NOW's taste strong
ore Healthwell to taste good and at the same time have that light colour you see on the picture, is it out of rice flour
and does it taste anything?
prutta lite.jpg

Last edited:

Kloppstock

Awards
There's no1 to talk to, i'm telling you you're NOT ALLOWED to post links to random websites.

So last time you posted a link and were banned. Don't post links!

All you have to do is type in the name of the brand of the supplement or post a picture.

View attachment 231344

Here's a picture of a supplement I take and the name is right on the bottle. Nothing illegal here because i'm not linking you to a website to buy a product
Can you or someone show me any brands of green tea extract that dont have brown powder?

Cause thats where the trouble is i see after testing 2 different brown powder brands recently, and NOW foods
was even decaffeinated excluded 4 mg caffeine, no 0 mg caffeine and yellow powder please :)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Can you or someone show me any brands of green tea extract that dont have brown powder?

Cause thats where the trouble is i see after testing 2 different brown powder brands recently, and NOW foods
was even decaffeinated excluded 4 mg caffeine, no 0 mg caffeine and yellow powder please :)
I have no clue what ones are brown or yellow or whatever. Haven't really paid attention to it

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Im dissapointed

Check this familiar almost coral colour that are caffeinated excluded 4 mg.
And the person who ate Nows' EGCg complained to me on its powder taste :) even though it was a bitt better than the other brand who had 20+ mg caffeine

I start to get unsure wether this strong taste is actually caused by caffeine??

Is there any other ingrediences you see that makes either NOW's taste strong
ore Healthwell to taste good and at the same time have that light colour you see on the picture, is it out of rice flour
and does it taste anything?
I'm honestly really not sure what you're asking or looking for at this point.

NOW Foods is a very high quality brand - their products are going to have in them what the labels say they do.

If you're looking for a high quality Green Tea product, theirs is great.

If you're looking for one just based on a certain color or taste, I have no idea on that because I don't trust very many brands so I stick with brands that I'm familiar with the quality of and trust.

I seriously doubt that the small amount of caffeine in a Green Tea product is affecting the taste of it.

NOW's EHCG is standardized for EGCG content, which is a particular constituent of Green Tea, so yes, that would of course taste different than regular Green Tea powder.

There is no possible way that 4 mg. of caffeine affects the taste.

Just for reference, the average 8 oz. cup of decaffeinated coffee has 2 to 4 mg. of caffeine depending on brand.

Another for reference - a 1 oz. piece of dark chocolate has around 12 mg. caffeine.

If you're looking for Green Tea products for health benefits, I would strongly consider buying more based on quality than actual taste - especially if it seems like the taste you're looking for isn't common in the higher quality brands. (Just trying to be helpful there).