Help on First Test Prop Cycle

tacohut49

Awards
Stats: 34, lifting since about 18, 238 lbs 16% BF.

Cycle: Test Prop 150 EOD for 8.5 Weeks, PCT: Torem, AI: Liquistane

I am one week into my first Test Prop Cycle. I have been doing 150 mg EOD thus far and for the first week I am up by about 4 lbs however I am trying to cut.

My question is this - is trying to cut on Test Prop for my first cycle a waste and should I maybe convert this to a lean bulk? My diet is really, really on point following the Palumbo Keto Diet to a "T" but after this first week I am thinking that psychologically and otherwise that it may be hard to get up for cutting if I am actually putting on pounds and this is on a Keto diet no less. Or should I stay the course and continue to cut? Ultimately my original goal was to cut down to a 8-10% BF level by early February however I am wondering if by taking Test Prop while doing this if it is somewhat going in circles.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Do you have any other drugs e.g. winstrol / clen / eca / etc.

the 4lb gain is probably from glycogen retention / water... don't worry. It's really common to gain 5-10lbs in about a month, than another additon 1-5 after.

you can still go keto throughout this cycle and will see good results, I've done it. However, I wouldn't suggest cutting in PCT or anything, you'll lose all if not most gains. I did it... whooops.

tacohut49

Awards
Thanks for the reply Geek. So you would suggest continuing with my goal of cutting? When you did this did you focus more on how you looked and your waistline versus the scale? Obviously when you are cutting you still look to some degree at the scale weight and its hard when you are gaining and doing all this cardio.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Well depends on what you got on hand right now / how long you've been cutting. I think your mindset is set to cut... so I'd prolly just stick with that.

I take a pic every week, first thing in the moring. Than I compare them. I usually start relying soley off pictures when I'm about ~12%. I get down to a weight, and I just keep getting leaner and leaner... weight remains the same tho.

Do a weekly refeed too, how much cardio you doing? Don't wanna trash your metabolism.

tacohut49

Awards
Been cutting for about 8 weeks and I am down about 16 lbs in that time frame. Been doing 60 minutes cardio a day thus far x 7 days a week.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Been cutting for about 8 weeks and I am down about 16 lbs in that time frame. Been doing 60 minutes cardio a day thus far x 7 days a week.
oh dang... that's not what I really wanted to hear.

I would quit cutting within 4 weeks, metabolism prolly is trashed right now anyways. Slowly incoprorate carbs and cut back the cardio A LOT! Maybe just use this cycle to normalize yourself since you've already started?

tacohut49

Awards
What makes you say that? You think continue with Keto diet and cut back on cardio? My initial thoughts were to stick with Keto style diet but incorporate pre and post workout carbs to see how that effects things.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
What makes you say that? You think continue with Keto diet and cut back on cardio? My initial thoughts were to stick with Keto style diet but incorporate pre and post workout carbs to see how that effects things.
because I usually do keto. Have you ever came off of keto before? If you don't do it right, you'll get fatter than prior to going keto and quick, like a month!

I usually bump carbs up to 80gs on lifting days and 40 on non lifting days. Once my weight stabliliezs, I add in another 40, so on and so on.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
To answer your initial question, yes you can cut on prop. The tricky thing about using gear tho during a cut is that it will allow your body to keep or potentially even gain muscle even in a deficit so going by the scale is difficult.

The thing that concerns me is that you're a pretty high bf still and should be able to lose some actual weight fairly quickly if your diet is as on point as you say. The gear will magnify this so I think maybe you're already experiencing some of the metabolic slowdown that geek mentioned above. Can you give us a macro/ workout layout to look over?

tacohut49

Awards
My current diet is the Palumbo diet to a "T" which you can google. I follow it 110%.

Training is:

Monday: Chest/60 minutes LISS cardio
Tuesday: Back/60 minutes LISS cardio
Wednesday: Legs/60 minutes LISS cardio
Thursday: Arms/60 minutes LISS cardio
Friday: Shoulders/60 minutes LISS cardio
Saturday: 60 minutes LISS cardio
Sunday: 60 minutes LISS cardio

This morning I was up to 245 lbs on the scale but my waist was relatively the same. This is continuing to make me wonder if I just change this to a lean bulk and worry about the cutting later. For my first cycle I dont want to sit here and waste potential gains that I could be making by overdoing the cardio and not really making progress in cutting. Would it make sense to just add as much lean muscle, keep the diet clean, keep as lean as possible but not worry about cutting? I just dont see the point if the scale continues to go up no matter how much cardio I do or no matter how well I eat.