Help focus /// nootropics

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey ! I know absolutely nothing about this so hopefully the experts of such drugs here can help me! I’ll be going back to school for 2-3 years part time (will be working 4 days a week instead of 6).
Monday will be my big day where I’ll have 6 hours of classes and probably studying after. It’s not a lot for most but here’s the deal : I haven’t been to school since 10-12 years so obviously my focus sucks I currently have difficulty reading for 20 mins before losing focus. I know I can work on that but I wanted to know what’s your suggestion for something I would take only on mondays and not on my smaller study days.
-i don’t want to take adderal as I think it’s too harsh and also not necessary I believe.
- it needs to help focus and to retain information to a certain degree but focus is main goal
-as much as I abuse caffeine I deal very bad with certain stimulant it makes me extremely anxious… for exemple i took paroxetine the other day (it’s an anti depressant but acts as a stimulant) and I litteraly was so anxious the whole time I could barely avoir le panick attacks. Felt like on crack cocaine for 24 hours.

I thought of : modafinil or strattera.
what are you guys suggestion?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Start with some tyrosine. It's super mild and just makes me feel awake and alert. I'm stim sensitive as well and tyrosine is very easy to dial in for me. Start with 500mg and adjust my dosage based on time I take it. I think even 2-3g would be something I'd take if I needed to read for a few hours and my brain was also (20 yrs) out of study shape

natureman4

Awards
I use Qualia nootropics, I really trust their research and development team and find them effective. Their products generally supply neurotransmitter precursors and other compounds that improve normal synthesis of what our brains need to focus, rather than directly releasing neurotransmitters themselves (like most stimulants do), which is a healthier and safer strategy. Some of their products (Qualia Mind is their most famous, they also have some great ones for sleep and longevity) are expensive if you take the recommended dose but there are different products at different price points, discounts for subscriptions, etc and I use about 1/3 of the recommended dose 4-5 days a week which means each bottle lasts me 3 months. I don't have a stake in the company or anything, I just love their products and found them helpful as I'm also about to go back to school!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Noopept at 8-10mg, along with a choline source like a cap of AlphaGPC.

Noopept is truly excellent for learning/retention. Most people overdose it. It won’t last the day - put it immediately before your most important/demanding hour or so of study.

If using one day a week, you could probably get away with 2 doses over the day.

SNS Focus XT is a great product with choline sources and Hup A for inhibition of choline breakdown. Also, it boasts L-Theanine, which is a terrific way to smooth off anxiety from stims. You can push a lot more stim with way less discomfort adding 100-200mg L-Theanine, and you can safely take a LOT of it in a day if necessary.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Noopept at 8-10mg, along with a choline source like a cap of AlphaGPC.

Noopept is truly excellent for learning/retention. Most people overdose it. It won’t last the day - put it immediately before your most important/demanding hour or so of study.

If using one day a week, you could probably get away with 2 doses over the day.

SNS Focus XT is a great product with choline sources and Hup A for inhibition of choline breakdown. Also, it boasts L-Theanine, which is a terrific way to smooth off anxiety from stims. You can push a lot more stim with way less discomfort adding 100-200mg L-Theanine, and you can safely take a LOT of it in a day if on.
My source has noopept its list.. what is it exactly? I’m trying to avoid something that’s going to make me feel like I’m on speed or cocaine.. what are the effects?

natureman4

Awards
My source has noopept its list.. what is it exactly? I’m trying to avoid something that’s going to make me feel like I’m on speed or cocaine.. what are the effects?
full name is N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester . Memory benefits likely come from its increasing brain-derived neurotrophic factor and nerve growth factor, psychostimulatory and other cognitive effects from its modulating of acetylcholine and glutamate receptors. As Hyde said, the half life is quite short, 60-90 minutes. Of course the only way to know how much you like the effects are to start with a low dose and see what happens.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely not a stimulant. I think people who use larger doses like 20-30mg are looking a bit more for a feel. If I had to describe it, it probably just helps me feel a bit more dialed in/attentive, like focusing on what I’m trying to learn/think about is a tad easier.

Noopept is like Anavar - it absolutely, unequivocally increases performance/results over time, but you can barely notice being on it.

This isn’t my solution to get you through your long day - it’s my advice to make it more productive so you increase probability of successful schooling.

Like I said, L-Theanine is a great way to take the edge of stimulants. You will need more stims to keep you going, but you will be able to tolerate more and have a net positive gain generally (IME).

full name is N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester . Memory benefits likely come from its increasing brain-derived neurotrophic factor and nerve growth factor, psychostimulatory and other cognitive effects from its modulating of acetylcholine and glutamate receptors. As Hyde said, the half life is quite short, 60-90 minutes. Of course the only way to know how much you like the effects are to start with a low dose and see what happens.
^Excellent response

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, Modafinil on this single day is the real solution to wakefulness. Again, be utilizing a choline supplement.

Modafinil, ALCAR/AlphaGPC , tyrosine, noopept, maybe Huperzine A, caffeine, l-theanine possibly is how I’d be looking at it for one day a week.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also, Modafinil on this single day is the real solution to wakefulness. Again, be utilizing a choline supplement.

Modafinil, ALCAR/AlphaGPC , tyrosine, noopept, maybe Huperzine A, caffeine, l-theanine possibly is how I’d be looking at it for one day a week.
A coline supp? To prevent what from modafinil?
Thanks for the response.
I seem to see people say modafinil is just a stronger version of noopept which also last way longer. I’m going to buy both and mainly use modafinil on my Monday which is a full day or studying until my old ass slowly but surely gets used to focusing on a book and on my 1-2 hours sessions I might use noopept.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A coline supp? To prevent what from modafinil?
Thanks for the response.
I seem to see people say modafinil is just a stronger version of noopept which also last way longer. I’m going to buy both and mainly use modafinil on my Monday which is a full day or studying until my old ass slowly but surely gets used to focusing on a book and on my 1-2 hours sessions I might use noopept.
Because choline is the raw substrate you’re going to burn through doing neurological work. Learning, lifting heavy, etc.

natureman4

Awards
Modafinil is definitely worth a try, it gets the job done when you want it done, and noopept taken over the course of weeks will provide longer term stable benefit. I just want to mention though that ultimately it's more sustainable and less risky to support the body/brain's natural process of creating and using neurotransmitters than it is to directly modulate receptors (modafinil is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, *probably*) or spike neurotransmitter levels (like most stimulants do). So that's where non-pharmaceuticals like the ingredients in Qualia and Focus XT that provide choline, dopamine, and glutamate sources, increase synthesis enzymes and improve pathway signaling all come in handy. Alpha GPC, Huperzine A, Uridine Monophosphate, Rhodiola rosea, ginkgo biloba, the list of potential ingredients that work in these ways goes on and on and experimenting is the only way to figure it out.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Qualia is outrageously overpriced for what it is. Would go Focus XT any day of the week instead

JulieLittle

JulieLittle

Awards
Does tyrosine have any damage for a 17 y.o. student? I'm also back to school and I want my health to be good for this year of studies and semester tests. I use some free essay examples on resilience because it helps me with my homework and personal problems. https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/resilience/ has become a must-have for me because the source's professionals provide good ideas on any topic. So, due to this service, I have more time for sports.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Focus XT has been unavailable for a while now
Focus XT isn't unavailable, just a lot of the flavors are out of stock at the moment.

As many people know, the supply chain has been difficult in not just the supplement industry but across many industries. This has led to backups on flavored powders big time in this industry. When this originally happened, the lead times for the place we had Focus XT made at went to 8+ months so we had changed places that we have it made. As part of this, a company goes thru flavor matching, etc. - but then with the batch from the new place, we had a lot of clumping problems. So, had to go thru the whole flavor matching process again at a new facility. We finally have most flavors approved and in production now and hope to have most restocked in 4 to 6 weeks.

Once we have them back in stock, there will be a lot of additional cool things coming regarding Focus XT.

Focus XT is pretty much the perfect nootropic base product and provides the foundational nootropics that will help the advanced ones work better; and many people find that once they cover these bases, they don't need the advanced ones at all.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Another great option for mental focus and motivation is Sabroxy. I didn't mention it in my post earlier today because we were in the middle of a product release for it and I couldn't spoil that so I didn't mention it.

Sabroxy is a clinically researched branded ingredient from Sabinsa and the data on it has been great and from personal use experience, I've been very happy with it.

But here is a link to the intro thread for anyone interested in it:

For a limited time, save 20% off on Sabroxy XT with coupon code: sabroxyxt20

The coupon code is valid on individual units and the already discounted 3 pack price :)

Sabroxy XT Link:

Sabroxy XT - 3 Pack:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@csheldon I didn't quote your post because we're not supposed to in cases like this, but I tagged you to let you know that you need to remove the link from it as its a link for a drug and is against the forum rules. If the admin sees this, especially with it being your first post, he's going to delete it and likely ban you bc it looks like you're trying to promote that. If you aren't and you're legitimately just trying to participate in the thread, you should delete your link before he sees it or someone reports it.