Height increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chammakchallo

Awards
Hello, I am 18 and a few months. Like a lot of people my age, I wish I could grow a few more inches. Now, I know this is largely an impossible task if your growth plates are closed bar very painful leg lengthening surgery; however, I am sure my growth plates are not closed yet and would like to know what I could take to increase my height.

For what it's worth, through copious research I have found these to 'apparently' help when epiphyseal plates are still open:
-HGH increasing supplements eg HGHup
-aromatase inhibitors which offset the closing of epithelial plates allowing a greater final height
-straight up HGH cycles (I am considering this)
-anti-estrogens, IGF to stop the closing of growth plates
-hexarelin 50mcg (potent pi3k activator - bare in mind I don't know what this is in the slightest)
-niacin (flush version)

Has anyone had any experience with these for height growth? Does this work at all?
My budget is pretty high, and so I would love to hear some input from you guys before I hop on the HGH cycles. Thanks a lot!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't know about increasing you height, but I can tell you will get shorter when you get older. I used to be a very tall 5'6" now I'm only 5'5" !!

Chammakchallo

Awards
I am around 5'8" right now lol. Hitting 5'10" would just kill most of my insecurities. My height is always on my mind, and no doubt, it negatively impacts my life. I know, I know, no one really gives a damn in real life. But..

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am around 5'8" right now lol. Hitting 5'10" would just kill most of my insecurities. My height is always on my mind, and no doubt, it negatively impacts my life. I know, I know, no one really gives a damn in real life. But..
To put it nicely, your attempts to increase your height will be both very dangerous and in vein.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
To put it nicely, your attempts to increase your height will be both very dangerous and in vein.
This. Gotta learn to live with what life handed to you man. Wishing you the best OP.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just buy a Medieval period Rack, but be careful. You don't want to over stretch and become too tall.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We as men always want that extra inch or two. :D

berazzled

berazzled

Awards
  • Established
Really though focus on the good things u like about yourself.im 5 ft 9,but i have arms the size of trees.so what do i do?i seldom wear sleeves.see?

Chammakchallo

Awards
I understand what you're getting at. However, the topic at hand is whether these supplements have any effect on height before growth plate closure.

I mean no offence, it's just that I'm adamant in growing taller, both for my bodybuilding goals and my self esteem.

berazzled

berazzled

Awards
  • Established
I doubt any supp can make you taller at 18,but if you find this to be true please tell us what worked for ya.i really hope you find something that works.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I understand what you're getting at. However, the topic at hand is whether these supplements have any effect on height before growth plate closure.

I mean no offence, it's just that I'm adamant in growing taller, both for my bodybuilding goals and my self esteem.
none of this would work... these things are typically attempted at an early age while there is plenty of time to still grow... you are never... and I mean NEVER grow 2 inches from this point with or with out any licit or illicit supplements. its simply too late for you. move on with your life bro.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
none of this would work... these things are typically attempted at an early age while there is plenty of time to still grow... you are never... and I mean NEVER grow 2 inches from this point with or with out any licit or illicit supplements. its simply too late for you. move on with your life bro.
How do you know, I have heard of kids over 18 have a growth spurt. Happens all the time.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm only 5'6 but I've noticed lately that the average woman is around 5'2-5'3 and the average man is 5'8-5'10 only. I tower over almost everyone I hang with and when I meet people who tell me they're 5'6-5'7, I call bs because how could you be that tall yet I'm taller than you?!?
Out of 20 people at work, I'm the only woman and I'm the 5th tallest person. :D

:tall Asian:

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also have to respectfully disagree with that statement. My younger brother went from 6' to 6'2" his first year in the Marine Corp. And that first year he didn't have time to lift. It was boot camp, infantry school, then weapons (he was an 0351 SMAW gunner) back to back to back.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Bro there are plenty of pros who are 5'9 I doubt that any supplement will help you get to 5'10 insecure or not about your height get huge and you will be the envy of anyone with height

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How do you know, I have heard of kids over 18 have a growth spurt. Happens all the time.
ok... I can concede that natural growth spurts do happen at this age + a little older, and he could grow more... but at this point 2 inches aint even likely.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Bro there are plenty of pros who are 5'9 I doubt that any supplement will help you get to 5'10 insecure or not about your height get huge and you will be the envy of anyone with height
Exactly. I'm tall with long arms and 16" arms on me look weak. Put those on someone shorter than me and BAM! Just goes to show there are some advantages to being a tad shorter. Hopefully the OP can learn to love what he has and work on the things he has control over.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not gonna lie, many, many girls will only date guys who are 5'11 and taller. We're fcukin' douchebags cuz 99% of the time, we're barely 5'3, and half of us can't even cook. Haha :me:

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
Not gonna lie, many, many girls will only date guys who are 5'11 and taller. We're fcukin' douchebags cuz 99% of the time, we're barely 5'3, and half of us can't even cook. Haha :me:
Yeah, I'm 5'6. It has been said to me, "Only if you were taller." My response to that, "If it's that good eat it your damn self." :)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I'm 5'6. It has been said to me, "Only if you were taller." My response to that, "If it's that good eat it your damn self." :)
I refuse to date another guy who's shorter than me. That napoleon complex drove me fcukin crazy.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This !!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Im five ten but when my shoe game is on point im 6'5"
9081c11dbebc44a8b3aaac067cc8b6ba.jpg

fck with my 1970s platform style #twocanplaythatgame LOL

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I refuse to date another guy who's shorter than me. That napoleon complex drove me fcukin crazy.
dude be like "ill love you for ever"
zach-engagement-12.jpg

Chammakchallo

Awards
Lol, all these replies

In regards to the asian girl who apparently towers over many people at merely 5'6", people like you are the sole reason I'm such a bitter **** about my height. It obviously is not your fault at all, we all have preferences. I'm an asian guy and I get rejected by asian girls due to my height all the damn time. Girls of other races don't tend to care hence my past girlfriends being non-asian, but it just hurts when some asian girl wouldn't date me based on my average height.

I'm rambling. I just need a few more inches, if none of these methods work, I'll probably go with HGH injections. Thanks guys.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, all these replies

In regards to the asian girl who apparently towers over many people at merely 5'6", people like you are the sole reason I'm such a bitter **** about my height. It obviously is not your fault at all, we all have preferences. I'm an asian guy and I get rejected by asian girls due to my height all the damn time. Girls of other races don't tend to care hence my past girlfriends being non-asian, but it just hurts when some asian girl wouldn't date me based on my average height.

I'm rambling. I just need a few more inches, if none of these methods work, I'll probably go with HGH injections. Thanks guys.
Well, I'll tell you, it goes both ways. I've never been hit on by any Asian guys because I'm too "big" for them. I'm not the typical petite little Asian girl and sometimes when I'm with my friends, I wish I was smaller. But.... Oh well, we have to embrace ourselves because at the end of the day, nobody will love you if you don't love yourself.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Well, I'll tell you, it goes both ways. I've never been hit on by any Asian guys because I'm too "big" for them. I'm not the typical petite little Asian girl and sometimes when I'm with my friends, I wish I was smaller. But.... Oh well, we have to embrace ourselves because at the end of the day, nobody will love you if you don't love yourself.
That's cuz they cant respect the beauty of some thickness. ;)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
The dwarf from game of thrones gets tons of play. Shorty represents!!

test112

Awards
  • Established
How's this font size? Can you shorties read it or should we type smaller?

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Just get huge. A shorter guy always looks better with muscles. I feel bad many of you are teasing him. I know how sensitive men are about their height.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
sounds like the OP spends too much time in a certain other misc section which coined such a negative term that is "manlet"

Just lift heavy chit get strong and nobody will give two fuks about your height

piledbodies

Awards
Chill out most shorter men get real stacked if you stay in the gym, compared to some tall lanky *******. You can quote me on this in a couple years of you like.

Chammakchallo

Awards
Misc is a toxic place brah.

I was like so long before I visited misc. it's just annoying as **** when your father and brothers are all at least 5'10

Then you get me. A half asian half Iranian Manlet.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP, how tall is your mother? I'm sure you're aware of the crude formula for height prediction. Additionally, do you think or know about growth plate closure? If you have had a scan, which bones? Growth plates close at different times on different bones and even at different ends of the same bone.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP, how tall is your mother? I'm sure you're aware of the crude formula for height prediction. Additionally, do you think or know about growth plate closure? If you have had a scan, which bones? Growth plates close at different times on different bones and even at different ends of the same bone.
I don't believe it's true. My mother is 5'2 and my father is 5'3 but my brothers are 5'10-6'0 tall. My younger sister is 5'7, I'm 5'6, and my older sister is 5'3.

At the end of the day, we just have to truly love ourselves. There's no magic trick, no magic pill. We complain about frivolous issues but some people are happy with less than what we have...

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which is why it's a crude formula...diet, health and nutrition play a huge (if not primary) role in determining final height. We know that in countries where medicine and nutrition have improved, mean height has increased. Your parents stature may be explained by the quality of healthcare and nutrition available to them prenatal to late teens.

Now back to you...I thought you were around 5'8" and now you're stating you're 5'6". I was prepared to actually give you some constructive feedback rather than some witty comments but given your inconsistent responses I'm afraid I may be wasting my time...sorry OP, I'm out.

piledbodies

Awards
Feel lucky you made it to 5'8 and stay in the gym. You'll get ***** guaranteed girls who care how tall you are = shallow, probably fat themselves. I'm 5'10 maybe a hair under and ive never questioned NY height or had a girl turn me down due to it. They care more about a well defined body and a big hog

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Op, I understand where you are coming from. I'm a woman I have dated shorter men that have expressed their insecurity about wanting to be taller. You don't want those women who would even tell you things like if you were taller. As long as you training and maybe taking other things, it should boost your confidence. And if your Asian you should be expected to be really tall anyway. You could also try going for shorter girls. I would never say to a guy if you were taller, I would date you. Many pro mma fighters are short. I've dated 2. And you would know their name and who they were, if I told you. And some of the comments were so rude, when he already stated how much his height made him insecure.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Op, I understand where you are coming from. I'm a woman I have dated shorter men that have expressed their insecurity about wanting to be taller. You don't want those women who would even tell you things like if you were taller. As long as you training and maybe taking other things, it should boost your confidence. And if your Asian you should be expected to be really tall anyway. You could also try going for shorter girls. I would never say to a guy if you were taller, I would date you. Many pro mma fighters are short. I've dated 2. And you would know their name and who they were, if I told you. And some of the comments were so rude, when he already stated how much his height made him insecure.
Please don't generalize that we shouldn't expect to be tall because we're Asian. It's like saying if you're Black, you're suppose to have a big effn c*ck.

We understand that OP is insecure about his height, we all have our own insecurities. But like I posted the other day:

We live a life of FREEDOM on the "outside"
but so many remain SLAVES on the "inside".

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
To the Asian chick, I think actually you said one of the rudest comments towards him. Asians are known for being not being tall. Most Asians are not tall. Most Asian women are petite also. Most are not bigger like yourself.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To the Asian chick, I think actually you said one of the rudest comments towards him. Asians are known for being not being tall. Most Asians are not tall. Most Asian women are petite also. Most are not bigger like yourself.
Don't address me as "Asian chick". I'm a woman just like you. We all come in different shapes and sizes so again, please stop generalizing your bs on this forum. Take your freaking rant to Instagram or Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.