Heart pounds in the evening

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So I wasn’t so sure where to post this but being as “know” most of the guys in this section I figured it might be better to leave this here.
I’ve noticed for the past year that at night when I lay down or just around the evening time no matter what I’m doing I notice my heart isn’t necessarily beating fast but it’s beating hard to the point I can feel it in my back, neck and head. Before this I’ve never had this issue. Could anyone take an educated guess here? It’s not every night but almost. 5/6 nights out of the week. My girls friend said it may be since I had eaten late or stress but I feel so relaxed and I still have this issue.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As a side note, I’m on 90mg of cymbalta and 50mg Benadryl every night. I’ve never thought about it before but maybe the cymbalta is doing this. Turns out it can be a side effect AS WELL as liver damage! I’m still open to other opinions as well.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Taking your blood pressure during an "episode" and comparing it to other times of the day would possibly be a good place to start. Otherwise, your symptoms are so vague they are practically undiagnosable.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Blood pressure does tend to naturally rise in the evening. However it’s not usually noticeable unless you actually have a blood pressure issue.

High estrogen also does this to me, personally.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Taking your blood pressure during an "episode" and comparing it to other times of the day would possibly be a good place to start. Otherwise, your symptoms are so vague they are practically undiagnosable.
I know, this is very odd for sure. I took my BP one evening and it was only at 110/70 and another time it was 120/70. That’s the most info I have so far. I get a horrible headache to go with it.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know, this is very odd for sure. I took my BP one evening and it was only at 110/70 and another time it was 120/70. That’s the most info I have so far. I get a horrible headache to go with it.
On DMZ my BP was 147/95, pulse 120bpm and they didn’t even bat an eye. On cardarine it was 97/70 and heart rate 67.

120/70 doesn’t seem so high you’d get a headache.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Blood pressure does tend to naturally rise in the evening. However it’s not usually noticeable unless you actually have a blood pressure issue.

High estrogen also does this to me, personally.
My E was at 28pg/ml according to my last Labs. Not where I’d like it to be 4 days out from a shot but it’s not horrid either. I do notice it a couple hours after taking my meds which may have some correlation.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
On DMZ my BP was 147/95, pulse 120bpm and they didn’t even bat an eye. On cardarine it was 97/70 and heart rate 67.

I know which makes me wonder if I’m taking it at the wrong time. I have to go to the pharmacy to do it.

Noteboom

Noteboom

Awards
  • Established
I’d say you’re most likely taking something that’s giving you those sides. That’s what it sounds like to me. I started taking super cortisol support alone with my DMZ cycle to help with stress and anxiety and it ended up doing the complete opposite. It gave me sleep insomnia, irregular heart beats, and those weird hard thumps of your heart when laying down. This only occurred or I really only noticed it whenever I was going to lay down or try to sleep. That’s my opinion. Maybe stop taking your meds for about 3 days and see if that helps.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
maybe your blood is getting too thick. and you have some stiff arteries... making it hard to push all that blood when your laying down. at least when your standing you have gravity helping in one direction.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Unless OP is a child 120/70 isn’t even high....

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’d say you’re most likely taking something that’s giving you those sides. That’s what it sounds like to me. I started taking super cortisol support alone with my DMZ cycle to help with stress and anxiety and it ended up doing the complete opposite. It gave me sleep insomnia, irregular heart beats, and those weird hard thumps of your heart when laying down. This only occurred or I really only noticed it whenever I was going to lay down or try to sleep. That’s my opinion. Maybe stop taking your meds for about 3 days and see if that helps.
Dmz affects cortisol in a number of ways so I could see that happening. I did the same thing to myself with a huge dose of sarms while on dmz. Crashed cortisol so hard it gave me some heart issues and I had to lower my dose of cardarine. Fixed it.

That hard thump is a palpitation.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
This happens to me- try a baby aspirin before bed.