Health tips for restoration of Circaden pattern

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Sun gazing was a turning point in my own heath journey. I was like a wilting flower, but when sunlight hit I felt alive. I would go out on the deck first thing in the morning on a sunny day walking in cirlcles literally having hour long conversation with myself trying to rationalize the plethora of data I gathered previous day. During the winter, I positioned my car in the drive way to angle it just perfect to where the sun light would enter off corner of my eye. I would roll down my window with heater on listening to the radio for an hour our so. When the weather was appropriate, I would litetally go for a midnight stroll which prepared me for proper sleep. The most peaceful part was hearing the bugs and the silent humming of the night. Each day I was feeling stronger and stronger. Having direct sunlight made me piss like a race horse as it stimulates natural detoxification processes specifically the pineal gland on down ward. I rarely see this implemented any more, but I feel I would share it as it did help me in resetting the circaden pattern

PS Do not look into the sun directly, I found looking off angle gives same benefits with out dangering to your eyes as it can be done for extended amounts of time safely.

https://www.earthclinic.com/remedies/sun_gazing.html

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've never taken it quite that far. But i can say that i definitely wake up feeling better when I don't use black out curtains in the bedroom. The natural sunrise gradually waking me up works better than an alarm in a dark room.

This sort of thing never mattered in college. But after I got a taste of life (ie death, kids, illness, career changes) stuff like this matters now. Great post as always Matrix and worth the mini necro bump.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Great post. I would advocate one step further and utilize grounding or earthing in the morning to start you day off on the right foot. Call me crazy, but still sometimes I'll sit in my back yard in the morning in my underwear, grass between my toes, and sipping bulletproof coffee+ protein. After some deep breathing And the caffeine kicking in, I'll grab my 60lb kettle bell and do swings, burpees, and stretches.

Our mitochondria are very receptive to light and use it for gene and hormone expression. Good and bad. In general, any light source that emits heat/warmth is nurturing. On the other hand sources like LEDs can disrupt circadian rhythm and delay melatonin production by 3-4 hours.

I'm subbed for more learning and discussion on this. Hope Eveyone is reading this with their night shift mode on their iPhones activated :)

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Great point, Blue light impair mitochondrion function.