Hcg diet + Alcohol = remarkable results.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So I did the hcg diet once before and lost 45+ pounds (I was pretty out of shape and that got me ripped). When I was on it I wasnt drinking, but one night I went to a party with my buddy and got completely wrecked and threw up all night. The next morning I was down six pounds and continued to lose a pound a day after that.

Well I'm on day two of the diet again (done with the binge, I mean day to of the actual diet), and I went and drank some vodka last night and didnt throw up, and I'm down 5 pounds this morning, properly hydrated.

So the question is, am I causing nightmarish physiological processes', or wtf is going on?

I was looking to lose around 15 pounds this time around. If I drank again I'd be there inside the week lol (fiscal week ;) )

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
What's the hcg diet all about? Is this the type of diet Kevin Trudeaux writes about, where hcg=human chorionic gonadotropin, or is "hcg diet" stand for something newer that I'm out of the loop on?

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm doing a slightly modified version of the Simeons Protocol diet. Yes human chorionic gandotropin, you're in the loop :)

To briefly summaries,
around 500 cal a day
two meals of 3.5 oz of meat, poultry or fish(specific kinds)
and two vegetables in any quantity within reason

two snacks of either an apple or 1cup of nonfat plain yogurt, and four saltine crackers.

If you follow it strictly you should lose a pound a day.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nov 6 - 208 lb
Nov 7 - 203 lb
Nov 8 - 201.4 lb :)

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
DANG, never heard of this :O

I'm gonna guess that it is not all fat loss though, and you are losing a chunk of muscle too, right?

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No way jose ;)

I havent been checking my bodyfat percentage this time around but last time the numbers were primo. Minimal if any muscle loss.
I kept a log of it that I hopefully didnt throw away. If I find it I'll post my progress from last time.
But to be fair, I do have a test cypionate prescription that is prob helping me maintain so well.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap

I am half tempted to go to this from my CKD, lol.

Guess I'll keep going with my CKD then try this if I am ever losing hope ^_^

Good job on your progress, and good luck on further progress :)

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. I was sick almost literally the whole summer and then sprained my ankle BAD (horror pics in the picture section). But due to this I've been hitting the gym Very rarely in the past few months and was drinking and eating a lot.

My veins had become way less prominent in my arms but their raging today :)

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Are you still lifting or anything? The only thing I think that would kill me would be working out/cardio(I play basketball)

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Excercise above anything mild is actually discouraged haha. (though I did go running a bit last time)

Just checked my bf and it was at 10.5%. But I've eaten and have been drinking water so that's prob a tad high of a reading.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Dang, guess I'll wait till basketball season is over then. I'm gonna guess use of a fatburner is also discouraged then? How the crap do you make it on only 2 meals, lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How can you not lose muscle while dieting so extreme and NOT working out? Impossible. I call shinanigans hahahah

I think the Velocity Diet + HCG would make MUCH more sense.

The HCG diet is not protein sparing, and without working out, you're going to get some muscle atrophy even when not on a diet.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hcg, from what I've read, I supposed to make your body fat much more available for use.
Pregnant women make it in Huge amounts so that even if the womans eating schedule is irregular, the baby will still be properly nurished.

Its really not that hard to do. Drinking a lot of water keeps hunger levels down. There are some low cal things you can eat to get you by (banana peppers, sushi ginger)...just to get a flavor in your mouth.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
HCG is just LH, so it's only increasing your available androgens. You're basicallay pulsing LH and secreting more testosterone and other androgens and probably increasing your estrogen somewhat. Testosterone in general helps to lose fat, but doing HCG in small amounts will not be anabolic in any sense. It will make you feel better while on a crazy low cal diet though.

Also, LH in women has a completely different effect than in men ;)

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just what I read and what the doc said man.

But thanks buddy. Compared to the knowledgeable members of this forum, I dont know sh!t from shinola ha. So any info is always greatly appreciated :)

As far as preserving mass goes... I couldnt lose significant muscle mass if I tried. Once I gain it, that sh!ts permanent haha. With inactivity I just gain fat

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
wow. call BS and if its not its dumb. YOu basically exchange exercise and muscle gain for starvation. This diet is the reason people think BB are dumb. I could wake up and eat 500 cals and then die....theres no way....

As far as the alcohopl goes...your damaging your body. If youre that low cal and drinking, it dumb. Your body will have no energy/protein/aminos to allow for basic function and organ recovery/action.

Goodluck, but this is to far against the grain even for me.

PS- If you eat clean and cardio is about 45% max heart rate then your body will only go to fat souces for energy. (i think its 45%)

Also, its not humanly possible to SAFELY and effectively lose FAT per day. Youre either not weighing in right, BSing us for fun.

I would like to see sources on this diet too.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Hcg, from what I've read, I supposed to make your body fat much more available for use.
Pregnant women make it in Huge amounts so that even if the womans eating schedule is irregular, the baby will still be properly nurished.

Its really not that hard to do. Drinking a lot of water keeps hunger levels down. There are some low cal things you can eat to get you by (banana peppers, sushi ginger)...just to get a flavor in your mouth.
1. No. The only way to properly nourish a baby pre- birth is proper food intake from the mother. No 2 ways around it. Ask any real Dr. that serves in that field.

2. No. Water will increase metabolism. So you used to either eat cause you were bored or love foo and got fat but never needed it casue your body can function on low cals due to slow metabolism which will be the reason you used to hold the weight.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm sure the drinking is a bad idea. I'm being an dumb@ss. I completely admit that.

What would I stand to gain by lying???
I posted this thread asking how my weight loss could be possible in the physical universe we occupy.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No. Water will increase metabolism. So you used to either eat cause you were bored or love foo and got fat but never needed it casue your body can function on low cals due to slow metabolism which will be the reason you used to hold the weight.
probs

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
To briefly summaries,
around 500 cal a day
two meals of 3.5 oz of meat, poultry or fish(specific kinds)
and two vegetables in any quantity within reason

two snacks of either an apple or 1cup of nonfat plain yogurt, and four saltine crackers.

If you follow it strictly you should lose a pound a day.

I'm sure most of that is glycogen and water.

All your doing is starving yourself, its not some fancy new diet. Your on the Ethiopian villager diet.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i think it should be called the alchoholic - manorexic diet.
Perhaps lol.

Guys. I'm not sure where all the hate is coming from ha.

A few things I do know about it.
It lowers cholesterol,
People with diabetes often have no need for any medication when they do this diet,

and I'm not just full of ****. Last time I did it I looked great when I was done, and the weight stayed off for a year (till this summer as I talked about earlier)

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Well since that's exactly what it is I guess so.
So this is a joke thread then? Some sort of posting for comedic relief? Because its not possible that your serious, nobody is that uneducated on this board.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In my town (Draper UT), Dr Percer, Dr Moody, Dr Goodwin, and Dr Hougaard, are all prescribing hcg like crazy for this purpose (vanity), and to those with actual weight issues.

(there may be more, those are just some of the ones I've heard of)

futurepilot, are you having a bad day dear?

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
In my town (Draper UT), Dr Percer, Dr Moody, Dr Goodwin, and Dr Hougaard, are all prescribing hcg like crazy for this purpose (vanity), and to those with actual weight issues.

Ok..... So are you saying that you go to your doctor, tell him you want to get ripped, and he gives you HCG and tells you to eat 500 kCals a day?

I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established

wiskers, you actually takin those hcg shots with that 500 cal diet?

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I laugh in their general direction. They may as well give you uppers in the morning and downers at night too.

h8ter

Awards
maybe im dumb but what is human chorionic gandotropin and what does it do

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
OK. I can not believe a "Dr." would perscribe this diet. Its outrageous.

NO ONE is attacking you. We are simply asking why this diet seems good/bad and questioning how it came about.

I honestly would like to know if your Dr. has a website/email/phone number so i could contacvt him and question why he would abuse his degree in this way. This is not an attack but simply implying its not professional.

I was unclear that you were taking the HCG shots? I thought it was the name of the diet or something.

Is your Dr. doing weekly bloodwork for you?
Are able to stay awake, focus, function,(obviously not exercise), urinate color...etc...

I sir, HIGHLY sugest you look into real hardwork and diet on this bodybuilding forum. Its not a celeb "oh im a so fat" forum let me go eat dirt....

If you can handle the low cal or your body being in a "weak" state, i suggest the Palumbo diet which is based around healthy fats and protein or the CKD and Velocity diet. I forget who but someone logged thier Velocity diet and it was great results. Also, lots of CKD infoon here.

Goodluck.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Ya, I did some research on it, and there were shots and blood work included, but you didn't mention any, how the crap are you still functioning? ^_^

Are you still losing regularly since you posted?

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Intriguing.

hCG not only resembles LH, it also acts similarly to TSH and chronic elevation of hCG can result in hyperthyroidism. This is seen in certain types of cancers, and the following shows a link between TSH and hCG in pregnancy.

Physiological and pathological aspects of the effect of human chorionic gonadotropin on the thyroid.

Hershman JM.
Endocrinology-111D, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare Center, 11301 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA. [email protected]
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is a glycoprotein hormone that has structural similarity to TSH. At the time of the peak hCG levels in normal pregnancy, serum TSH levels fall and bear a mirror image to the hCG peak. This reduction in TSH suggests that hCG causes an increased secretion of T4 and T3. Women with hyperemisis gravidarum often have high hCG levels that cause transient hyperthyroidsm. In the vast majority of such patients, there will be spontaneous remission of the increased thyroid function when the vomiting stops in several weeks. When there are clinical features of hyperthyroidism, it is be reasonable to treat with antithyroid drugs or a beta-adrenergic blocker, but treatment is rarely required beyond 22 weeks of gestation. Hyperthyroidism or increased thyroid function has been reported in many patients with trophoblastic tumors, either hydatiditform mole or choriocarcinoma. The diagnosis of hydatidiform mole is made by ultrasonography that shows a 'snowstorm' appearance without a fetus. Hydatidiform moles secrete large amounts of hCG proportional to the mass of the tumor. The development of hyperthyroidism requires hCG levels of >200 U/ml that are sustained for several weeks. Removal of the mole cures the hyperthyroidism. There have been many case reports of hyperthyroidism in women with choriocarcinoma and high hCG levels. The principal therapy is chemotherapy, usually given at a specialized center. With effective chemotherapy, long-term survival exceeds 95%. A unique family with recurrent gestational hyperthyroidism associated with hyperemesis gravidarum was found to have a mutation in the extracellular domain of the TSH receptor that made it responsive to normal levels of hCG.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OK, my guess is that the lost weight is purely water. Being in a state of starvation your body will deplete glycogen stores in muscle (weight loss), then causing less water to be held in your muscles (weigh loss), and then drinking alcohol would cause you to dehyrdate even more (weight loss).
So all of your weightloss is going to be water, glycogen, and eventually muscle mass here shortly.

You must be a troll, just screwing around on the boards and you are giving misleading diet info

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
post pics.
N i dont thinkg he is a troll. I think hes just f'n with us. Even if it is water, you would/should be dehydrated by now.

BifWebster

Awards
I've actually done a bit of research on this diet. It does seem to work, it doesnt seem to be super catabolic, althought most the types of ppl who do this dont have any significant muscle to begin with.

Honestly it seems like it'd be a good diet for very obese people to quickly lose weight before some serious health problems surface.

I'm interested in the long term health effects.

Does seem like an interesting diet that i'll for sure never do.
Bodybuilding wise I doubt it'd be ideal.
500 calories a day is ridiculous though and i can't help but think most of the weight will come back quickly.

Nevertheless, it is interesting - seems designed for more of a niche market that doesn't apply to most board members here.

AnthonyEhsani

Awards
don't people go on a HEALTHY diet to become healthy... this is just raping yourself ...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
500 calories a day is ridiculous though and i can't help but think most of the weight will come back quickly.
Yeah definitely. If those studies about HCG acting as TSH as well, I could see a drop in TSH once done using HCG, as well as a drop in LH and then a large rise in cortisol especially due to the stress on the system from such a low cal diet. People can easily have fat rebound off this. It's just plain dumb. Everyone wants that quick fix.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
yea for obese people maybe but it is just as unsafe for them to lose that much weight that fast too. This diet is not ideal for anyone, 500 cal a day is PAINFUL for anyone! Ok yea you get youre protein and such blah blah blah. What about a steady 1/2 portion of food every 2-3 hours? My metabolism runs hard when i eat like that.

Either way, i give this a -5 stars...

PS- I suggest you dont drink on this diet. i dont care who you are or how well you think you know your body.

jlgchia

Awards
Hi Guys,

Just to give you all some info. I am on my 2nd phase of the HCG diet. Phase 1 I lost about 40 lbs. And yes this was done through my Holistic Dr. It does work if you stick to it. I have not gained 1 lb since finishing phase 1. My 2nd phase, which I just started, I am already down another 10 lbs. No, I have NOT lost muscle mass. As a matter of fact, I have more energy, and I have more strength than ever. I stumbled upon this forum because I was wondering if anyone had a glass of wine on this diet.

If you really are skeptical and don't believe me. Check out my Dr.'s website ~ sedonalholistic dot com Or give him a call if you would like. HCG diet is real. Not some scam. My Dr. changed my life and I am so greatful for it.

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
And yes this was done through my Holistic Dr.

If you really are skeptical and don't believe me. Check out my Dr.'s website ~ spam dot com Or give him a call if you would like. HCG diet is real. Not some scam. My Dr. changed my life and I am so greatful for it.
Let's be honest here dude. There's no such thing as a holistic doctor. Spend that wasted money on a gym membership next time.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Don't people realize that at 500 cals a day there will be significant weight loss regardless? (not to mention a slowing of the basal metabolic rate) C'mon people.:frustrate

DrivenDreams

Awards
  • Established
Future pilot is always a bit moody. He doses clomid very high

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys,

Just to give you all some info. I am on my 2nd phase of the HCG diet. Phase 1 I lost about 40 lbs. And yes this was done through my Holistic Dr. It does work if you stick to it. I have not gained 1 lb since finishing phase 1. My 2nd phase, which I just started, I am already down another 10 lbs. No, I have NOT lost muscle mass. As a matter of fact, I have more energy, and I have more strength than ever. I stumbled upon this forum because I was wondering if anyone had a glass of wine on this diet.

If you really are skeptical and don't believe me. Check out my Dr.'s website ~ sedonalholistic dot com Or give him a call if you would like. HCG diet is real. Not some scam. My Dr. changed my life and I am so greatful for it.
Wow if this doesnt feel like spam.. first post includes a link to a doctors website who magically has the cure make people lose weight... everyone call him!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kronic Weight Loss 2
hvactech Weight Loss 7
asamkhan Anabolics 14
kingdong Anabolics 8
Weight Loss 0