HBO's John Adams

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else watching this miniseries? I finally got to see the second episode this afternoon, and I gotta say they're filmed/scripted/told really very well. I'm not even a big history buff, but this a great way of "viewing" history IMO.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else was enjoying the series too?

novamanms

Awards
I've watched the first two episodes with this weekend's free viewing of HBO and I have to say that I am more pleased than disappointed....some interesting casting choices (didn't expect so many no-names) and some dead on choices (Wilkinson, Linney, and Giamatti are fantastic...as they almost always are).

I'll have to see what happens with the Jefferson portrayal. That's the one big question mark I have.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I've watched the first two episodes with this weekend's free viewing of HBO and I have to say that I am more pleased than disappointed....some interesting casting choices (didn't expect so many no-names) and some dead on choices (Wilkinson, Linney, and Giamatti are fantastic...as they almost always are).

I'll have to see what happens with the Jefferson portrayal. That's the one big question mark I have.
Those 3 are perfect IMO - nailed their parts (Wilkinson especially). I googled the show, and the cast is actually getting some more big names in coming episodes. I dunno, I was just really impressed with both episodes, and I'm dieing for the next 4 to get here. I think Morse will do Washington justice, I just gotta get past the cosmetic nose. :lol:

Overall, show gets an A in my book.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i been checking it out and pretty impressed. nothing can replace Rome for me however.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I want to watch it, but I will probably have to wait until its released on DVD or replayed from the beginning.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I want to watch it, but I will probably have to wait until its released on DVD or replayed from the beginning.
Do you have the "On Demand" feature? Thats the way I was able to catch up on the first 2 episodes.

BTW, for those that saw, Episode 3 was also very good. Wilkinson is becoming one of my more favored actors (especially after Michael Clayton and his portrayal in this series)

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Saw this over the free weekend and its a solid series. Completely enjoyed. Characters, performance, settings were all awesome. The show with the smallpox vaccine made me cringe to think how illnesses were delt with in the ole days !
Sadly, I'll need to wait for the DVD or HISTORY ch. to pick up the entire series :(

Last edited: