Bryan Johnson's "Blueprint" Project/Program

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In case you have any interest, tech millionaire Bryan Johnson worked with MDs and others to develop a health and longevity protocol referred to as "The Blueprint". Johnson amassed great wealth as the founder, chairman and CEO of Braintree, a mobile and web payment systems for e-commerce companies, that acquired Venmo (in 2012) for $26.2 million; and then Paypal acquired Braintree (in 2013) for $800 million. So, Johnson has resources that most of us do not have and has been spending $2.0 million a year to develop, implement and measure the results of The Blueprint.

The good news is that his protocol is open source; meaning the list of its components, exercises, supplements, foods, medicines and other daily practices and interventions are published and available to anyone who wants to read it - free of charge.

The Blueprint project is a strict and well defind protocol that includes approximately 30 daily supplements (some more than once per day), a strict diet of the same daily foods aggregating to about 2,000 calories per day, hour-long daily workouts, and a sleep routine including wearing blue-light-blocking glasses for two hours before bed. He has a team of over 30 doctors monitoring his health and attempting the measure the extent to which he is reducing the pace at which he ages.

The goal of The Blueprint is to reverse the aging process and for Johnson to regain the body of an 18-year-old.

So, if you are interested, the information is yours for the reading.

The list of supplements is rather impressive.

Thoughts and comments?

BTW - I have zero association with this - I am just interested in the things we can do daily to improve our health. In this case, its pretty darn extreme and the costs associated with the testing alone would be outside the reach of almost everyone. But, to the extent that any of this can be replicated on a less extreme and less expensive way - it might be worth thinking about.

Last edited:

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There is in my opinion a well defined line between living and enjoying life and what this man does. Nobody normal would ever be happy doing his plan and the cost of everything stops most people anyways. I think the plan is absolutely ridiculous and a waste of time for 99.9% of people and prices out 98% of people anyways. And I’m speaking just from a supplement standpoint because even people who just buy the non prescription stuff spend 1000 a month in pills alone. My two cents, eat healthy portions and workout and most importantly live life. Don’t ever be like this guy

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There is in my opinion a well defined line between living and enjoying life and what this man does. Nobody normal would ever be happy doing his plan and the cost of everything stops most people anyways. I think the plan is absolutely ridiculous and a waste of time for 99.9% of people and prices out 98% of people anyways. And I’m speaking just from a supplement standpoint because even people who just buy the non prescription stuff spend 1000 a month in pills alone. My two cents, eat healthy portions and workout and most importantly live life. Don’t ever be like this guy
Understood. The extent of this program is, by any standards, excessive and controlling. I am interested (mostly) in the supplements, mostly out of curiosity.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I tried to take a quick look at this and there's already so many companies trying to sell their stuff as approved by him, part of his program, etc. that it seems basically impossible to actually find just a simple list of supplements without a sales pitch being involved.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I tried to take a quick look at this and there's already so many companies trying to sell their stuff as approved by him, part of his program, etc. that it seems basically impossible to actually find just a simple list of supplements without a sales pitch being involved.
Here you go:
5A3A4C1D-C726-45A2-83F0-7DC5F954CB6A.png
90E5D6CF-A928-4A90-A3BF-54DEE8350BD6.png
57072482-56B4-4D7E-8FD9-2A144EF590DA.png

I couldn’t help but laugh that dude is like obscenely rich yet this all feels like just a way to make more money. Every link is like a referral link. 😂

I only googled because I didn’t know the crazy blood transfusion guy by name. 🙃

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here you go:
I couldn’t help but laugh that dude is like obscenely rich yet this all feels like just a way to make more money. Every link is like a referral link. 😂

I only googled because I didn’t know the crazy blood transfusion guy by name. 🙃
Thank you. That was what I thought when I tried to find it - that it seemed more like a way to make money because of everything I found being a referral link too. Which like you said, is wild being how mega rich he is anyway.

Overall, there are a lot of things there that make sense but then there are some things that I just can't understand the logic for at all, except to be different and that is probably the reason - to be different from other regimens.

It's not bad, but there are definitely a few things that if I were going to spend that much on supplements that I would definitely include that aren't in there. Even some of the basics of anti-aging/longevity are missing from it.

I'm surprised he seems to be emphasizing EPA over DHA because he doesn't list DHA amount at all; and I would be prioritizing DHA over EPA if it were me.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
One thing that amazes me - I took the time one time to write out in great detail everything I take and why, and got so many a**hole comments from people here that I never did it again; yet people like him can be pretty blatant with the referral links and list out a ton of stuff and not really explain why, and people flock to it. I guess that's the power of marketing.

I love anti-aging and longevity ingredients and have researched them for years. It's crazy though that I cannot find a single place as a resource for them to actually read about them that isn't a veiled sponsored/paid for ad or full of referral links.

I miss the days of being able to genuinely find and discuss legitimate information.

I think a brand now could make an end all, be all best there's ever been anti-aging and longevity formula and yet it would never sell in comparison to the grossly overpriced affiliate link/referral based marketing ones that dominate that side of the market.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
One thing that amazes me - I took the time one time to write out in great detail everything I take and why, and got so many a**hole comments from people here that I never did it again; yet people like him can be pretty blatant with the referral links and list out a ton of stuff and not really explain why, and people flock to it. I guess that's the power of marketing.

I love anti-aging and longevity ingredients and have researched them for years. It's crazy though that I cannot find a single place as a resource for them to actually read about them that isn't a veiled sponsored/paid for ad or full of referral links.

I miss the days of being able to genuinely find and discuss legitimate information.

I think a brand now could make an end all, be all best there's ever been anti-aging and longevity formula and yet it would never sell in comparison to the grossly overpriced affiliate link/referral based marketing ones that dominate that side of the market.
I am not going to lie I read his supplement list and was like "man this reminds me of how people told Steve no one actually takes that much".

It isn't the same thing and if anything I think the supplements are the tamest thing about this guy.

On another note, I know it might just be old links and site or something, but I died when I clicked "scientifically rigorous" and this message popped up. :LOL:

Attachments

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I find all of this interesting. I'm not, but if I was going to mimic any of his list, I wouldn't use the suppliers he listed - I would reach out to members of this forum for advice. And prior to mimicking anything, I would have to be convinced that doing so made sense.

Now, as to taking a bunch of pills/powders every day, I am willing to take whatever amount optimizes my health. And, FWIW, I don't think anyone is an @$$hole for taking as many, more or no pills/powders. My interest is in, as Steve alluded, what people take and why they take those specific supplements.

As for me, I take a crap ton of things. Worse, many are powders and they honestly don't taste great. But I do it becaise I'd like to avoid some of the genetic time-bombs inherent in my family history.

To avoid doubt, no one should think that I was advocating doing what Bryan Johnson is doing or suggesting that any one of us can/should spend $2M per year on this type of thing. What I was advocating is looking at his list, and seeing if there are things listed that might make sense or might be cost effective ways of improving health. There is a big difference between seeing if any of those items make sense (which I am) and saying that they do (which I am not). And, I would never blindly follow Bryan Johnson or anyone else - but since he is crazy enough to spend $2M a year, anything positive that I can glean from that (for $0M a year) might be worth considering.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I find all of this interesting. I'm not, but if I was going to mimic his list, I wouldn't use the suppliers he listed - I would reach out to members of this forum for advice.

Now, as to taking a bunch of pills/powders every day, I am willing to take whatever amount optimizes my health. And, FWIW, I don't think anyone is an @$$hole for taking as many, more or no pills/powders. My interest is in, as Steve alluded, what people take and why they take those specific supplements.

And, I take a crap ton of things.

To avoid doubt, no one should think that I was advocating doing what Bryan Johnson is doing or suggesting that any one of us can/should spend $2M per year on this type of thing. What I was advocating is looking at his list, and seeing if there are things listed that might make sense or might be cost effective ways of improving health. There is a big difference between seeing if any of those items make sense (which I am) and saying that they do (which I am not). And, I would never blindly follow Bryan Johnson or anyone else - but since he is crazy enough to spend $2M a year, anything positive that I can glean from that (for $0M a year) might be worth considering.
Oh, what I meant is that when I took the time to write out a detailed post as to everything I took and gave detailed reasons why, a lot of people on here were absolute a**holes with their replies. @Resolve10 or anyone else that saw that thread could attest to that.

I wouldn't mimic that list because I wouldn't take some of the things on that list even if you gave them to me for free; and if I was going to take that many pills and spend that much on supplements, there are many things I would do differently.

I'm the same way - I don't count pills - to me, they're a small inconvenience if it helps improve health and give me the results that I want. Same with the way I look at the price of it - I break everything down into cost per day , and the same people that will criticize someone for taking 10.00 a day in supplements are usually the same people spending 10.00 a day on fast food or Starbucks or energy drinks, or spending hundreds every weekend playing golf or something. Now, keep in mind - I'm not saying that in a bad way bc everyone is entitled to spend their money on whatever they want to, I'm just saying that people shouldn't criticize others that choose to spend it on supplements and things to be healthier.

There are things on his list that are good to take, but I think there are things that would be much better and there are some glaring things that are missing from his list - for example I would prioritize DHA over EPA, I would go with a standardized curcumin rather than just mega dosing turmeric, there's no PQQ, etc.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am not going to lie I read his supplement list and was like "man this reminds me of how people told Steve no one actually takes that much".

It isn't the same thing and if anything I think the supplements are the tamest thing about this guy.

On another note, I know it might just be old links and site or something, but I died when I clicked "scientifically rigorous" and this message popped up. :LOL:
Yeah, that thread showed just how out of touch some people are with supplements and how much many people actually use. I do use a lot of supplements, but I know a lot of people that use much more than I do.

And what I thought was ironic is that one particular person in that thread that had something smarta** to say is an avid golfer and he was saying how no one spends that much on supplements and diminishing people that prioritize their health. I guarantee you that prioritizing health and supplements is cheaper than being serious about golf. It's just that people tend to nitpick expenditures on things that are good for them and not on things they enjoy.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When someone wants to do a super comprehensive health based supplement regimen, I think its important for them to really identify what they are trying to do or accomplish.
  • What are the goals or what are they trying to achieve?
  • What medical conditions do they have, feel they are predisposed to, or have a family history of?
  • How far do they want to go with the overall approach to supplements in terms of cost, etc.
For example, forget any goals relating to weight training or physique, and I'll just go by a general health approach to this.
  • What are the goals that I'm trying to achieve?
    • I want to improve my overall quality of life, be healthier, look better and feel better, take things to help with existing issues I deal with, and help take preventative measures towards things there's a family history of or that I'm predisposed to.
  • What medical conditions do I have or a family history of having?
    • I have an endocrinology condition, an autoimmune disorder, wear and tear from years of physical activity, and severe damage from getting run over by a car. I also have a genetic issue with my heart, so cardiovascular health. I have post concussion issues from the accident, probably compounded by long Covid issues of getting Covid while in a post concussive state.
    • Family history of cardiovascular problems, cancer, and cognitive health decline.
  • How far am I willing to go with the overall approach?
    • I'm trying to get back in shape and in better health and I don't care how many pills I take per day. I refuse to complain about a handful of pills twice per day. I have 8 large pill cases that I fill at one time - 9 days in each. There's one handful in the morning and one at night. So time wise, its almost irrelevant because it takes maybe 10 minutes once a month to fill them.
    • Budget wise - I spend a lot on supplements, but its far less than I used to spend when I was younger and going out to the bar on the weekends or things like that. I probably spent more on the average weekend going out than I do on a months worth of supplements. Heck, I probably still spend more on eating bad sometimes or grabbing an energy drink or Starbucks than I do supplements - the supplements are just buying them at once so people think of it as a larger expense where everything to me I think of cost per day.
So from there, I break it down into categories:
  • Natural Testosterone Support
  • Cognitive Support
  • Cardiovascular Support
  • Pain and Inflammation
  • General Health Supplements for Overall Health
  • Anti-Aging & Longevity
I love discussing all aspects of supplements and I think that people a lot of times overlook some of the most basic aspects of things and get caught up in the latest fad or trend, but miss the foundational ones.

I don't get too experimental. For overall health and longevity, its about consistency. Trying one bottle of this and then one bottle of that is not the way to go. I have my basic regimen and if I add anything to it, its usually being added on top of that regimen; rarely do I ever take anything out from my existing regimen unless its something I'm taking as single ingredients that get replaced by a formula. For example, I've had tremendous success with some ingredients for cholesterol and lipids and right now I'm taking 5 different things separately; when we launch Cholesterol Support XT, they're all in there, so I'll change to that.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
BroccoMax was proven to be mostly bunk
Great to see you post. I hope that you've been doing well.

Pm me if you ever have a moment, I wanted to get your opinion on something.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The guy looks like a vampire Patrick Bateman, I appreciate he shows people his routine and all, but he is seriously weird haha

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
30ml olive oil

29gm of pea protein

2 eye of newt

1 foot of a black angora rabbit.

Jokes aside, lithium..... like the drug for manic ppl?

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Jokes aside, lithium..... like the drug for manic ppl?
Lithium used for manic impulses and depression is a way different dosage range than the dose of Lithium used as a supplement.

Lithium as a supplement is popular in the anti-aging and longevity communities.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Lithium used for manic impulses and depression is a way different dosage range than the dose of Lithium used as a supplement.

Lithium as a supplement is popular in the anti-aging and longevity communities.
I was not aware of that at all, thank you

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was not aware of that at all, thank you
You're welcome. I want to add too that it isn't obscure brands, even Life Extension makes a low dose one.

I do think that some people jump on board using it without fully researching it, and that its not for everyone; but its a different world at a small 1,000 mcg. (1 mg.) dose than the prescription dosage.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You're welcome. I want to add too that it isn't obscure brands, even Life Extension makes a low dose one.

I do think that some people jump on board using it without fully researching it, and that its not for everyone; but its a different world at a small 1,000 mcg. (1 mg.) dose than the prescription dosage.
I have no intensions of using it, i just had no clue it was even a supplement/sold otc. I always just thought it was a rx medication.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have no intensions of using it, i just had no clue it was even a supplement/sold otc. I always just thought it was a rx medication.
I understand. I figured you didn't; me explaining that last part was more clarifying my own statement and saying that even though some trustworthy brands make it in the sense that I trust their quality, I don't think that anyone should just blindly use it.

I didn't want my statement of trusting a brand being confused with me endorsing the ingredient.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Correct me if wrong but the OTC supps are usually Lithium Orotate or Aspartate as opposed to the drug lithium carbonate. Like you said the doses are MUCH different.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Correct me if wrong but the OTC supps are usually Lithium Orotate or Aspartate as opposed to the drug lithium carbonate. Like you said the doses are MUCH different.
You are correct. The forms are different, but the Lithium component itself would still be similar; but the biggest difference is the dose.