HBCD/Carb10 for Early AM Workout

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Does anyone have any brand/product recommendations for a low GI, easy to digest (hopefully nonflavored) carb powder? When SNS comes out with theirs, I'll go with that, but for now I need to find my wife something to use about 30 minutes before her 6am workouts. Thanks.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Does anyone have any brand/product recommendations for a low GI, easy to digest (hopefully nonflavored) carb powder? When SNS comes out with theirs, I'll go with that, but for now I need to find my wife something to use about 30 minutes before her 6am workouts. Thanks.
I haven’t used a bunch but I have a tub of axe and sledge demo day I use once in a while. Doesn’t upset my stomach and it’s available in unflavored. I will warn though it has cinnamon bark extract, so the unflavored still has a cinnamon taste to it. Does not bother me and it’s subtle and very good in my opinion.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup i was going to say supercarb as well
cant wait for SNS to come out with a product as well.

dont know how much she likes to take primeval eaa max throws in 2G hbcd .. not much at all but so delicious

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use dribose and bhb.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i find karbolyn to be the absolute best on GI

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks all for the recs. I ordered Carb Surge since it's the cleanest I've seen so far. My wife already uses a favored BCAA and doesn't need all the extra stuff most of those products have. Wish i could find a pure HBCD product...
@sns8778 😁

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out Cluster Bomb from Apollon Nutrition -- Unflavored, 25g HBCD/serving

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks all for the recs. I ordered Carb Surge since it's the cleanest I've seen so far. My wife already uses a favored BCAA and doesn't need all the extra stuff most of those products have. Wish i could find a pure HBCD product...
@sns8778 😁
Thanks for tagging me.

I'm leaning towards possibly offering both a straight HBCD product at a great price and also offering an HBDC/Carb10 blend.

^^^ Part of that is because I really want a straight HBCD that I trust at a great price myself haha.

I think Carb Surge isn't a bad product; I personally wish their ratios were reversed as I think the idea scenario would be more HBCD to Carb10, but I do understand their reasoning on going higher on Carb10 because its a lot cheaper than HBCD.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks for tagging me.

I'm leaning towards possibly offering both a straight HBCD product at a great price and also offering an HBDC/Carb10 blend.

^^^ Part of that is because I really want a straight HBCD that I trust at a great price myself haha.

I think Carb Surge isn't a bad product; I personally wish their ratios were reversed as I think the idea scenario would be more HBCD to Carb10, but I do understand their reasoning on going higher on Carb10 because its a lot cheaper than HBCD.
And the carb10 is a little chalkier and doesn’t mix as well (it’s fine just compared to hbcd I find it’s a little worse). I’d like the ratios reversed as well.

robbieboy672

Awards
I take half a scoop of karbolyn with my pre every morning. Helps me workout without having to eat breakfast first. Very easy on the stomach, and gives me enough energy to get through my workout.

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@sns8778 😁
TrueNutrition has a straight HBCD product. Amazon carries it, and seems to be reasonably priced compared to other more popular brands.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take half a scoop of karbolyn with my pre every morning. Helps me workout without having to eat breakfast first. Very easy on the stomach, and gives me enough energy to get through my workout.
karbolyn > hbcd bullshiiit

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
karbolyn > hbcd bullshiiit
They really are two completely different types of carbs and for most people, would serve different purposes.

It's an example of one of those situations where one may work better for one person and another for another, and there may be examples of people that respond even better than normal to each type - for example you with Karbolyn and me with HBCD.

I'm happy for you that you do so well off Karbolyn, but feel equally as strongly about HBCD being better for me - I just point that out as examples of how different people may respond better to different carb sources and most times its about finding the one that works best for us and our individual needs.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They really are two completely different types of carbs and for most people, would serve different purposes.

It's an example of one of those situations where one may work better for one person and another for another, and there may be examples of people that respond even better than normal to each type - for example you with Karbolyn and me with HBCD.

I'm happy for you that you do so well off Karbolyn, but feel equally as strongly about HBCD being better for me - I just point that out as examples of how different people may respond better to different carb sources and most times its about finding the one that works best for us and our individual needs.
I thought @Darkhorse192 was calling BS that karbolyn was better 😆

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I thought @Darkhorse192 was calling BS that karbolyn was better 😆
He really likes it and seems to respond very well to it - but I myself am on the complete opposite side of personal response in that I can't tell when I take Karbolyn but HBCD works great for me.

They're both carbohydrates but pretty different in some ways.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
He really likes it and seems to respond very well to it - but I myself am on the complete opposite side of personal response in that I can't tell when I take Karbolyn but HBCD works great for me.

They're both carbohydrates but pretty different in some ways.
was half joking, 100% it is an individual thing. I do believe that with regard to this particular topic, folks should try out different types and amounts to see what treats them better. It also matters what / if they are eating pre-workout carbs, and when / how much / type they are consuming.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When I use a mix I use Jacked Factory's Carb Surge.

Individually or mixed together I go Nutrabio SuperCarb and/or PES VersaCarb.
How much VersaCarb do you use at one time? It's becoming my favorite carb source in the couple hours preworkout, but nervous about using too much for gut side effects.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How much VersaCarb do you use at one time? It's becoming my favorite carb source in the couple hours preworkout, but nervous about using too much for gut side effects.
1-2 scoops.

Currently doing 1 scoop pre then 1 scoop during/after.

So 40-50g total carbs.

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
@sns8778 any time frame we could expect for you to have your carb powder released?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 any time frame we could expect for you to have your carb powder released?
Not 100% sure yet honestly. It's one I definitely want to do, there's just a lot of things in front of it. I would hope in Q1 this year, but not 100% certain. Thank you for thinking of me though.

Oh, on a good note for this though, we should have flavor samples for it in within the next couple weeks though.

I know we will do an unflavored, but I would like to do at least 1 basic flavor and one unique flavor.