Having trouble adding any mucle. Low Test?

DarkVader

DarkVader

Awards
I played sports since I was 4 years old. I began routinely weight lifting when I turned 18. My father was a powerlifter who taught me how to train. Since 18, I have really researched nutrition, routines, and supplements (which I use few of).

I have been unable to add much mass at all (155 lbs currently and approx 12% bf). When I bulk, I eat 500 cals over maintenance, and clean. I have tried this in 4 month increments, but I usually add 15 lbs. Unfortunately, most of this seems to be fat in my midsection, and upper thighs. I have attempted to mess with macros, eating clean/dirty, and nothing has worked.

I have found that I do have many of the symptoms of low test. I have lethargy, low libido, weak erections, low body hair, and the obvious inability to gain muscle mass. I also have a slight bit of gyno, but doesn't look awful since my body fat is low.

I set-up an appointment with a doctor to get my test levels checked. However, I have a feeling unless they are really low, my age will deter him from prescribing (25 yrs old).

Any opinions on what could be done if this doesn't work out. I am thinking of going the ph route, but research just leaves me confused about what to run. I hate working hard in the gym, and never achieving any results.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'd wait to see what your blood tests turn up before thinking about anything else. PH cycles will be very short-term fixes if it legitimately is low test and will just leave you feeling awful again after 6 weeks. I'd say hang tight, get the bloods and post them up here after you get them and we can assess things from there. Hope it goes well for you, man.

DarkVader

DarkVader

Awards
I'd wait to see what your blood tests turn up before thinking about anything else. PH cycles will be very short-term fixes if it legitimately is low test and will just leave you feeling awful again after 6 weeks. I'd say hang tight, get the bloods and post them up here after you get them and we can assess things from there. Hope it goes well for you, man.
Thanks a lot. I was worried about a short term fix, but if it is my option for adding some mass then I'd take short term over nothing.

I will post them up once I get them. Unfortunately, my doctor has a long wait time. Of course I have waited 7 years, a month isn't going to be that awful.