Have you ever reduced or increased your training and then saw bigger gains?

Simple question..

Have you ever reduced or increased your training and then saw bigger gains as result?


I think I'm undertraining, so going to try working out harder :shhh:
 
Simple question..

Have you ever reduced or increased your training and then saw bigger gains as result?


I think I'm undertraining, so going to try working out harder :shhh:

Of course, that's what trail and error are all about.

Most of the time it's people doing too much rather than too little.
 
I have definitely gotten better results from switching to DC training which is a pretty low volume workout structure
 
Simple question..

Have you ever reduced or increased your training and then saw bigger gains as result?


yeah i noticed that one week i would thrash my legs in a brutal work out and then the following week i would not do them at all. Then the week after, my strength gains would up to 50lbs or more when i hit them again. It was weird, but cool.
 
Since I switched from a High Volume to Low Volume(DC) I have gone from 185 to as high as 240
 
I think most guys do over workout. Not to the point of overly stressing CNS, but overstimulating tissue for growth. I have one friend who in doing leg presses for instance does about 15-18 sets total because he has his feet positioned in different ways to hit the muscles from so many angles. And the same for chest, he probably does 7 different exercises for 4-5 sets each, which is just ridiculous. But going to the gym is his "hobby" so he likes being there an hour and a half to two hours.
 
Personally I've gone from 150 to 200 pounds, (3/4s of it muscle), by doing very low volume but high intensity. I'm talking only 4-5 sets per bodypart once per week total.

But I've been around 200 pounds for a long while now, and am now starting to see new progress by basically increasing how much I do, while keeping the intensity high, doing 8-10 heavy sets per muscle group every 5 days (rather than 4-5 once per week).
 
I felt like I was over training so I started doing DC and only three weeks into it my size and strenght are up a considerable amount. I think Ill stick with low volume training for a while.
 
Training back is about all I need for biceps. Occasionally I'll add concentration curls. Its easy for me to over train my shoulders and cause them to stop growing. My chest is opposite.
 
Back
Top