Has anyone used HMG? What was your experience like?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Trying to tart HMG for fertility reasons. any suggested protocol? Length? how were the side effects?

AfroPope

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have not, but I have been on HCG long term - I don't know if that's relevant to your experiences, so I apologize if not. I know the two treatments are often used for the same things and are sometimes used concurrently, so this may be useful or may not be. I have been on 1000iu 2x/wk subQ with .5mg anastrozole at time of injection of HCG for about five-six years now as treatment for secondary low T (HCG is a replacement for LH, HMG is a replacement for FSH, I had low LH and FSH). No side effects. Testosterone holding steady in the 600-700ng/dL range with E2 in the 20-30pg/mL range, blood work every six months since starting treatment. Still fertile based on most recent semen sample last month.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have not, but I have been on HCG long term - I don't know if that's relevant to your experiences, so I apologize if not. I know the two treatments are often used for the same things and are sometimes used concurrently, so this may be useful or may not be. I have been on 1000iu 2x/wk subQ with .5mg anastrozole at time of injection of HCG for about five-six years now as treatment for secondary low T (HCG is a replacement for LH, HMG is a replacement for FSH, I had low LH and FSH). No side effects. Testosterone holding steady in the 600-700ng/dL range with E2 in the 20-30pg/mL range, blood work every six months since starting treatment. Still fertile based on most recent semen sample last month.
I might be mistaken but I think he's asking for fertility purposes. I think there was another thread he made somewhere else about something similar

AfroPope

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I might be mistaken but I think he's asking for fertility purposes. I think there was another thread he made somewhere else about something similar
Got it, just wasn’t sure if it was JUST for fertility, apologies for any useless info OP. I’ll be watching the thread just because I’m curious.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Got it, just wasn’t sure if it was JUST for fertility, apologies for any useless info OP. I’ll be watching the thread just because I’m curious.
Honestly I didn't read his opening post, I was saying that based off the title and your post. But I had remembered seeing him ask similar questions. I didn't even notice that he stated it in the opening post