Has anyone experienced memory benefits from any Noots?

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
As the title says "Has anyone experienced memory benefits from any Noots?"
If so, which ones?
I'm finding my memory is getting worse and worse (I'm only 30) and it's starting to bother me.

Thanks!

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I doubt many people have done rigorous testing, so we'll be looking at very personal/individual experiences. I want to say I've found a boost from Noopept/Choline, and my grades this past quarter were absurdly high and studying was quite easy using Antaeus' new PSyche, which I feel is as close to a real test as you can get. The other "big" nootropic I've used is Adrafinil, and while it keeps me awake I wouldn't say it improved memory at all.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely. Keep in mind that the way noots and racetams work, they may not have a direct effect, but secondary due to their other benefits. Take Aniracetam for example. It really isn't designed for memory improvement (although long term studies have shown some), but by it's effect on anxiety, speech, and recall, it has an indirect effect on perceived memory.

So, the question is: what are you referring to when you say memory benefits? Recall, compartmentalization, fluidity, retention, etc?

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely. Keep in mind that the way noots and racetams work, they may not have a direct effect, but secondary due to their other benefits. Take Aniracetam for example. It really isn't designed for memory improvement (although long term studies have shown some), but by it's effect on anxiety, speech, and recall, it has an indirect effect on perceived memory.

So, the question is: what are you referring to when you say memory benefits? Recall, compartmentalization, fluidity, retention, etc?
Primarily recall and retention.
If the product has anxiety reducing benefits as well than that's always a bonus!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A nice stack would be:

Aniracetam
choline source
Noopept
ashwagandha

If you can handle it, Huperzine A would also be great to add in. I personally don't like it as it bumps up my BP too much, but many do find benefit.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I doubt many people have done rigorous testing, so we'll be looking at very personal/individual experiences. I want to say I've found a boost from Noopept/Choline, and my grades this past quarter were absurdly high and studying was quite easy using Antaeus' new PSyche, which I feel is as close to a real test as you can get. The other "big" nootropic I've used is Adrafinil, and while it keeps me awake I wouldn't say it improved memory at all.
I doubt that any of us are going to any scientific and/or blinded testing (that's what the studies are for), but real world experiences can also be useful. Similar to you, my grades were great this semester, studying and memorizing information was easier, and writing papers seemed to be faster with my nootropic stack.

I'd say that the following may be useful for memory:
-Choline (CDP, GPC, or bitartrate)
-Piracetam
-Bacopa
-Ashwagandha
-Noopept
-ALCAR
-Huperzine

As hewho said, there are other nootropics/supplements that can help with cognitive related tasks a bit more indirectly (by providing energy and/or reducing fatigue, reducing stress and/or anxiety, etc), but I wouldn't say that they'll improve memory per se.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A nice stack would be:

Aniracetam
choline source
Noopept
ashwagandha

If you can handle it, Huperzine A would also be great to add in. I personally don't like it as it bumps up my BP too much, but many do find benefit.
Nice stack. Are you not a fan of bacopa and ALCAR?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really never noticed much from bacopa and when I ran it for extended periods as designed to reap the benefits, I started getting noticeable lethargy. I used it numerous stacks in the past and believed it was beneficial, but then started getting the sides and dropped it. If there were cognitive benefits, they were negligible. I would never discourage anyone from trying it, but don't believe in it enough to recommend. ALCAR makes me really agitated and I am not a fan.

I will say that I still always have a bottle of bacopa laying around in case I decide to add it in again.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Modafinil has recently been shown to help working memory is MS patients http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26654280. I'm not sure how much of a stretch it would be to say that adrafinil has a similar impact (seeing as it is much easier to obtain) but if you were so inclined you'd be able to get moda if you do a little searching.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's interesting because the effects are pure energy and alertness in non MS patients. May be a side effect.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I really never noticed much from bacopa and when I ran it for extended periods as designed to reap the benefits, I started getting noticeable lethargy. I used it numerous stacks in the past and believed it was beneficial, but then started getting the sides and dropped it. If there were cognitive benefits, they were negligible. I would never discourage anyone from trying it, but don't believe in it enough to recommend. ALCAR makes me really agitated and I am not a fan.

I will say that I still always have a bottle of bacopa laying around in case I decide to add it in again.
I have had similar experience with ALCAR. I feel it's way overrated and over recommended on this forum.

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
I've been using Noopept/Choline along with Aniracetam and its been great. Improved memory recall, mental clarity, etc. The aniracetam + Choline is more so long term and the Noopept is short term.

Adranafil was really similar to modanifil. Not my favorite, it keeps you up but does not help with memory or concentration.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Ani/Noop/choline is a wonderful stack.
When would be a good first time and first dosage to try Ani? I'm not on any choline now either, take them both first time together or load up the AGPC a few days before to assess individual effects?

BlackWinging

Awards
I've been taking bacopa for about the last 2 years (450mg with fatty meal), specifically an extract called bacognize that is standardized for 45% bacosides. Things I've noticed have been enhanced working memory, specifically holding more numbers and strings of characters in my head, as well as recall to a degree. The only "downside" it has for me is that it keeps me in a slightly happy, neutral mood. It seems to even out peaks and valleys in my mood. I've added in gotu kola recently (600mg BID) as it is traditionally paired with bacopa and is purported to have a mood enhancing effect. Studies on it are sparse, and high quality extracts don't seem available which make it hard to recommend.

Other than that, I've trialed various other compounds that seem popular in nootropics circles.

-Noopept; tried various dosing schemes and never seemed to have a benefit other than a short lived increase in focus. Chronic use resulted in a dampened mood.

-Pramiracetam; tastes like hell and never noticed anything at 600-1200mg

-Oxiracetam; tastes pleasant. Again, didn't notice much, maybe more concentration but was taken with caffeine for studying. 750mg BID

-aniracetam; tasted decent, had an anxiolytic effect but nothing else noted. 750mg BID

-nicotine; many may not agree but this is probably my favorite nootropic. I found a vendor that offered it in a vegetable glycerin solution that I would apply transdermally. I used it for the purpose of reinforcing habits as well as studying. Found it helped increase focus, motivation, and helped recall things studied. I used it at ~2.5mg 2-3 times a week to reduce any possible chance of addiction. I would add another dose before taking tests.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When would be a good first time and first dosage to try Ani? I'm not on any choline now either, take them both first time together or load up the AGPC a few days before to assess individual effects?
You absolutely need a choline source and take it with fat. The anxiolytic effects are acute and the memory benefits come with time.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
I don't think one absolutely needs one, choline supplementation can make some people depressed/irritable.
I agree, choline made me really depressed, and I wasn't getting a lot extra from diet. I don't take a choline source wit my stacks now and don't get headaches

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I beg to differ, I've used a gram at a time without any headaches or fogginess but to each their own.
You likely won't for an extended period of time. Ani is one of the racetams that is notorious for head splitting headaches after taking for awhile.

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
You absolutely need a choline source and take it with fat. The anxiolytic effects are acute and the memory benefits come with time.
Yup. I've gone with a 2:1 Choline to Aniracetam and its been my go to dose.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
You likely won't for an extended period of time. Ani is one of the racetams that is notorious for head splitting headaches after taking for awhile.
I'm not trying to turn this into a debate but I've been using it for a few years now and regardless of how notorious it might be I have maybe had one or two headaches from it, I'm just trying to point out that since the only real information of it in normal functioning individuals is anecdotal that most of the effects of racetams are highly based on the individual.

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
-nicotine; many may not agree but this is probably my favorite nootropic. I found a vendor that offered it in a vegetable glycerin solution that I would apply transdermally. I used it for the purpose of reinforcing habits as well as studying. Found it helped increase focus, motivation, and helped recall things studied. I used it at ~2.5mg 2-3 times a week to reduce any possible chance of addiction. I would add another dose before taking tests.
Interesting...I would be extra careful with proper dosing though. I probably wouldn't want to use that stuff though, nicotine poisoning can get you real sick and kill you in high doses.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can different racetems be stacked? Is there any that shouldn't be taken together?
I was thinking ani, oxi, cdp choline, noopept, ksm, dmea stack would be great but im unsure of the stackability of racetems.

Also where can these be purchased other then from an online vendor? I would much prefer to buy at a store.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
What about Uridine monophosphate (UMP)? Never seen anyone mention it on AM. UMP + DHA + Choline source is a well known stack, huge thread on another forum site about it.

BlackWinging

Awards
Interesting...I would be extra careful with proper dosing though. I probably wouldn't want to use that stuff though, nicotine poisoning can get you real sick and kill you in high doses.
It definitely can, but the doses I use are fairly low, close to 1/3 of the dose in a single cigarette.

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
Can different racetems be stacked? Is there any that shouldn't be taken together?
I was thinking ani, oxi, cdp choline, noopept, ksm, dmea stack would be great but im unsure of the stackability of racetems.

Also where can these be purchased other then from an online vendor? I would much prefer to buy at a store.
No need to stack ani and oxi, both have their own pro's/cons. Start with one and see how it does and if it doesnt work for you, gives you brain fog, etc switch to the other.

I would stack one of those however with KSM and Choline. Noopept use in cycles going on and off in maybe 4 week increments. Smart powders is a good source.

The one thing you need to remember is every brain is different so what may work for one person may not work for you, need to play with dose and see what works.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No need to stack ani and oxi, both have their own pro's/cons. Start with one and see how it does and if it doesnt work for you, gives you brain fog, etc switch to the other.

I would stack one of those however with KSM and Choline. Noopept use in cycles going on and off in maybe 4 week increments. Smart powders is a good source.

The one thing you need to remember is every brain is different so what may work for one person may not work for you, need to play with dose and see what works.
Thanks for the response. :) i got a couple questions though.
Whats your personal favorite racetems?
Also is there a place that isnt online that i can buy racetems and noopept? As i don't want to order online atm the moment. So is there in supp stores(or any store) that i could just drive to and buy these?

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
might want to check out our Modular TAU from Antaeus Labs.

TAU is a more bioavailable and fat soluble form of uridine than UMP...I think you will find the capped version from AL promising and the price compares quite competitively even with powder "bulk" products.

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the response. :) i got a couple questions though.
Whats your personal favorite racetems?
Also is there a place that isnt online that i can buy racetems and noopept? As i don't want to order online atm the moment. So is there in supp stores(or any store) that i could just drive to and buy these?
Best idea would be to search online for supplement stores around you and give them a call.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
If you're interested in uridine monophosphate (UMP), have you checked out our triacetyluridine (TAU)?
I have seen it. There is no vendor in Europe though. I use UMP right now, will probably try TAU later, and see if it is any difference. :)

might want to check out our Modular TAU from Antaeus Labs.

TAU is a more bioavailable and fat soluble form of uridine than UMP...I think you will find the capped version from AL promising and the price compares quite competitively even with powder "bulk" products.
Yes, I have read that TAU is more bioavailable, I use UMP right now.
The price for your TAU is good!

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Yes. Aniracetam, ALCAR and Huperzine. Recall was improve on Huperzine, and I felt with Aniracetam that I consumed information faster.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have seen it. There is no vendor in Europe though. I use UMP right now, will probably try TAU later, and see if it is any difference. :)

Yes, I have read that TAU is more bioavailable, I use UMP right now.
The price for your TAU is good!
I had nice effects from a run of Antaeus 7,8 and queen bee acid a few months back. Slow cumulative effects but definitely noticeable as time progressed. Would recommend it.

I just ordered some D-serine I had planned on running but will be picking up TAU as well after reading this thread.

We ship to Europe ;) at less than $20 a pop I'll probably order a few bottles and run it soon.

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/triacetyluridine-by-antaeus-labs