Gym closed due to corona

2manyprojects

2manyprojects

Awards
Well my gym here in Michigan is closing today at 3:00 due to corona.

2manyprojects

2manyprojects

Awards
I have equipment to still workout but not like I like.

buntznastyfit

Awards
I’m in the army and stationed at Fort Drum, NY they closed the gym on post to everyone but active duty thank god

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Calisthenics training it shall be for many for a time. Good time to revisit the basics. You can get some really brutal workouts in with straight body weight. It's a lost art.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Every LA fitness in the country is shut down

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Will they be giving refunds?
Is it even appropriate to ask?

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Parks closed in Miami. Fortunately have all of the bootcamp gear so do workouts in the garage. Weather is lovely.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yep PA gym closed

I stopped going 2 days before they were forced to close anyway, still getting things done with a barbell and some bands at home

2manyprojects

2manyprojects

Awards
So this morning I read that church’s are able to run as usual. What like sick people don’t go there. You can’t catch this **** there. Total bull ****

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So this morning I read that church’s are able to run as usual. What like sick people don’t go there. You can’t catch this **** there. Total bull ****
If you go into the sanctuary you can't get the rona.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking for a good adjustable bench without paying Rogue’s price
I have a Flybird folding adjustable bench that does incline, flat, and decline. I weigh ~160, and have done incline presses with at least 100lb dumbells on it no problem. It says 620lb capacity online. But it just went OOS on Amazon. It was $180 a few days ago, normally ~$150, and I think I picked it up on sale for ~$130 a while back.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Second this. I love my Rogue stuff, but Titan typically has a good similar piece that is way cheaper.
I love my Titan Fitness spinlock dumbbells and curl bar. If their bench is the same level of value and quality, that’s awesome.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
719540A3-59AF-4877-8E24-FD6A04376AF2.jpg
Some pictures of the folding bench. It does fold a bit more compactly (the legs can touch), I just didn’t completely close it when the pictures were taken.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s made by Titan?
No. My bad. The dumbbell handles and curl bar I have are. The bench is made by Flybird, who is sold on Amazon. It was available with Prime, but it’s currently unavailable.

2manyprojects

2manyprojects

Awards
Well the state shuts down at midnight. For most people except me being part of the group that still work

2manyprojects

2manyprojects

Awards
Well the state shuts down at midnight. For most people except me being part of the group that still work

Joe_Archibald

Awards
The UK is on FULL lockdown no, so no gyms / leaving the house - If it hasn't happened in your area, I would start thinking of ways to keep the gains now. If anyone has any idea's would be great to get a thread going.......

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The UK is on FULL lockdown no, so no gyms / leaving the house - If it hasn't happened in your area, I would start thinking of ways to keep the gains now. If anyone has any idea's would be great to get a thread going.......
How do people get food? I'd imagine a large portion of people don't have sufficient food to last even a week.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
How do people get food? I'd imagine a large portion of people don't have sufficient food to last even a week.
We can go food shopping, to work and one hour exercise a day with one other person or any people in your household

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We can go food shopping, to work and one hour exercise a day with one other person or any people in your household
Ok, then lots of places in South Florida seem to be doing similar things, where only "essential businesses/services" are open.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think my company will be working from home for the next 6 weeks while I go to work.

Joe_Archibald

Awards
In the UK all Gyms have shut but 99% of them have also frozen payment as well, so I am more than happy invest some money into a home system. In the UK we might be in lockdown for another 4 - 6 weeks, with Gym's closed for another 8 weeks on top of that :( Debating whether to introduce some "supps" to help keep as much gains as possible so I don't have to start all over when the gyms finally come back open.

geminon

geminon

Awards
We have all this bollocks prolonged till April 30th so yeah... effing great

Joe_Archibald

Awards
End of June!! There is only so much a home gym can maintain muscle. I did have a full rack and platform on order, but the company cancelled it as they couldn't fulfil the order :( I have noticed the Guerrilla Chemist has some interesting research on supplements that help to maintain muscle mass

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
End of June!! There is only so much a home gym can maintain muscle. I did have a full rack and platform on order, but the company cancelled it as they couldn't fulfil the order :( I have noticed the Guerrilla Chemist has some interesting research on supplements that help to maintain muscle mass
Unless you're an elite-level athlete with a very substantial muscle mass, you can actually probably maintain pretty easily with a good home gym. Granted, legs will likely be the hardest to keep if you don't have a good rack and a fair bit of weights, but everything else shouldn't be too hard to maintain with a good set of adjustable dumbbells and an adjustable bench, and a place to do pullups (with added resistance if needed).

Edit: also, could you link me to the info from GC you're talking about? I know he's had some, "questionable" doses of anti-catabolics in some of his products, so I'm curious to see what he's recommending here.

Joe_Archibald

Awards
Unless you're an elite-level athlete with a very substantial muscle mass, you can actually probably maintain pretty easily with a good home gym. Granted, legs will likely be the hardest to keep if you don't have a good rack and a fair bit of weights, but everything else shouldn't be too hard to maintain with a good set of adjustable dumbbells and an adjustable bench, and a place to do pullups (with added resistance if needed).

Edit: also, could you link me to the info from GC you're talking about? I know he's had some, "questionable" doses of anti-catabolics in some of his products, so I'm curious to see what he's recommending here.
Yea, 100% agreed on keeping muscle mass. I think it's more the "hardness" look that will be harder to keep, which can only be obtained from supps or heavy weights. Tbh if we were actually able to buy weights over here, I would be fine, but everything is sold out or people are selling rust bits of metal for £1000+. For Legs I have been doing pram walks with my little one and tbh this is the most my calfs have grown hahahahaha

On the GC, yea some of it is very questionable but... for the cheap price of some of the products I might give them a try, the link it on his instagram. Or I was reading through some more threads on here and a guy called @Maximiliaan who posted some interesting research and info on oxymatrine and berberine.

Maximiliaan

Awards
Yea, 100% agreed on keeping muscle mass. I think it's more the "hardness" look that will be harder to keep, which can only be obtained from supps or heavy weights. Tbh if we were actually able to buy weights over here, I would be fine, but everything is sold out or people are selling rust bits of metal for £1000+. For Legs I have been doing pram walks with my little one and tbh this is the most my calfs have grown hahahahaha

On the GC, yea some of it is very questionable but... for the cheap price of some of the products I might give them a try, the link it on his instagram. Or I was reading through some more threads on here and a guy called @Maximiliaan who posted some interesting research and info on oxymatrine and berberine.
I think there might be some crossed wires? I did post some info on those ingredients and Ecklonia cava in the follidrone thread. In a nutshell, they all shared commonalities (glucose disposal agents with antiviral properties, including but not limited to respiratory tract infections like flu).

They are undoubtedly a great stack of ingredients if you’re looking for something to either enhance body comp/utilise as a natural antiviral supplement. On the other hand, I’m less sure they would have a muscle sparing effect, at least not over the longer term.

One thing that caught my eye at Predator was a recent write up of an old study I remember from the MM2K days. Lol, yeah I’m that old.

I remember when this first came out in muscle media as it literally blew my mind. I just couldn’t believe the evidence before my eyes wrt results for juiced/no weights vs natural + weights.

I think it must have been Bill Phillips back in the day who was astounded that as little as 600mg of enanthate could achieve that. That’s not a trivial dose but it’s not particularly potent. Further to the article’s points, I don’t think they are wrong to say a combo of a cyclodextrin bonded 4-androstenediol and 1-testosterone could deliver comparable results.

It’s no much use for women I guess or those who won’t touch juice (which forget their bs prohormone description, that is what they are) but if we are looking at another 2 months of lockdown it suggests now is not a bad time to load up on juice, preferably real stuff but “prohormones” if you got nothing else.

Of course I think you’d wanna do some training at least alongside using them, cos obviously you will benefit that much more. I’m stuck doing one legged squats and putting my baby girl in my arms - that’s way harder than squatting 200kg! Upper body wise, try triple clapping press-ups - explosive work maintains muscle mass plenty well, you bodybuilders gotta get the idea of no pain no gain out of your heads.

For naturals who have never used, this is the perfect one time exception in my book to using it - lol, just don’t be surprised your one time use becomes your first run of several lol.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Ya I understand it sucks losing the gym, but I feel most shouldn't see any real issues. Especially considering the amount of researching increasing on how higher rep and lower weight training can still help build muscle to a similar degree.

I think more of the issue will be that having to do this higher rep training can SUCK and despite how hard core most people think they are the level of pain getting towards failure and hitting the adequate reps and volume can be brutal. :sick:

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya I understand it sucks losing the gym, but I feel most shouldn't see any real issues. Especially considering the amount of researching increasing on how higher rep and lower weight training can still help build muscle to a similar degree.

I think more of the issue will be that having to do this higher rep training can SUCK and despite how hard core most people think they are the level of pain getting towards failure and hitting the adequate reps and volume can be brutal. :sick:
This is a good point. With a normal 6-12 rep range, there usually isn’t too much pain, but with high reps, half the set is a mental battle, and you can end up leaving a lot more in the tank if you don’t really push yourself.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm doing an experiment. Increasing protein intake, but mainly running maintenance caloric intake until things open. M-F, I am doing: 300 pushups, 100 pullups, 100 chin ups, 100 goblet squats with a 50lb sand bag, and running sprints on the hill by my house. No weights available, and want to see the outcome of only these exercises at the end.

The first week I was sore as hell and tired, but on week 3 now and feeling shredded.