Growth Hormone and/or Clomid for Bodyfat Reduction

prophet469

prophet469

Awards
I am 6'2" 325 lbs. with 30% bodyfat. 25 was the lowest it had been in a while. I workout like a beast. Lots of weight training and cardio. I eat 4-6 small meals per day. I need to drink more water and rest more.

I had my testosterone measured. It was 425 mg/dl. Pretty low. I have use OTC prohormones before, and wondered if this could be the cause of the problem.

I lost a bunch of bodyfat, but now I have a problem with bodyfat around my waist and chest. In my reading, I discovered that this may be estrogen related. I have researched both clomid and growth hormone. Both have been suggested to me.

I am desparate to rid myself of my bodyfat. Any recommendations for either of these two or anything else?

C

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
before using these i'd recommend getting your diet laid out perfectly. Post it up if you can get a chance. Its all about diet.
Also, post up your cardio/workout routine, maybe there is something we can help you out with here also.

As far as supplements go, hit up something like Designers new supp, dialene, or even a plain old ECA stack. These will not lose the weight for you, they will just aid in your quest to lose weight. Diet/cardio is where its at, because diet/cardio is how you keep weight off forever.

good luck bro, i'm sure others will chime in to help out once you get your specific diet/training schedule on here.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've heard you should stay away from growth hormone. clomid wont help as much as ECA but it will help a little. diet and cardio is where its at.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
How many calories are you eating per day? What's the macro breakdown? At 30% BF it should be pretty damn easy to lose weight if you just cut those calories.

prophet469

prophet469

Awards
My workout habits are good. Diet needs work

How many calories are you eating per day? What's the macro breakdown? At 30% BF it should be pretty damn easy to lose weight if you just cut those calories.
I need to start counting my calories. I get so far and lose alot due to work and just plain old lack of discipline. I need to learn a few procedures to constantly track calories and so forth.

At 30% BF, I have lost 80 lbs. I still have a lot to lose. Its been very stubborn. It will not go away, regardless of how hard I work out, or little I eat.

Typically,

I work out 4-6 days per week.

Body part Sets Reps
Chest/Tris 4 6-10
Back/Bis 5 6-10
Delts/Abs 4 6-10 Delts/12-20 abs
Legs 5 10-12
30 minutes of cardio per workout

I have recently increased reps to 10-20 upper body and 20-30 lower body, with same cardio workout, after weights.

Diet is very low on calories. I rairly get all my protein. Shame. I don't eat all of my meals. I gotta get better.

Currently, running no SUPPS, except whey

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I suggest charting everything you eat by using fitday.com

It is very easy to use, and the numbers will help you out greatly.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
after losing 80 lbs. your body might need time to adjust to that weight before you will be able to get rid of the rest of the weight.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I suggest charting everything you eat by using fitday.com

It is very easy to use, and the numbers will help you out greatly.
Yes, definitely start keeping track on fitday.com. This will help A LOT. Track your diet for a week, then drop by 500 cals/day and you should continue to lose a pound a week. Plus it's very helpful to see your breakdown of proteins, fats, and carbs. If you're consuming too many carbs or fats, this may also be hindering your progress.

prophet469

prophet469

Awards
I lost the weight by low carbing

In the beginning, I lost the weight by maintaining the ATKINS induction phase, 0-20 grams carbs per day. I weight trained regularly, 3-5 sets, 6-10 reps for all exercises. I performed 1 hr of cardio every morning before breakfast.

I did not count calories, though. In fact, I ate high-fat content, like the Anabolic Freak from Muscular Development Magazine. I forget the guys name.

Thanks for the tips on recording my cals. I must gain that discipline. :squat:

prophet469

prophet469

Awards
I lost the weight by low carbing

In the beginning, I lost the weight by maintaining the ATKINS induction phase, 0-20 grams carbs per day. I weight trained regularly, 3-5 sets, 6-10 reps for all exercises. I performed 1 hr of cardio every morning before breakfast.

I did not count calories, though. In fact, I ate high-fat content, like the Anabolic Freak from Muscular Development Magazine. I forget the guys name.

Thanks for the tips on recording my cals. I must gain that discipline. :squat:

I found an injectivle online called jintropin, at about $3.3/IU. Anyone ever heard of it? The Anabolic Freak says about 2-4 IU/day is enough for appreciable gains/losses.

SatireWolf

SatireWolf

Awards
  • Established
If you lost most of that initial weight with atkin's , your plateau is probably induced because you've blown your induction phase now and your body is just in starvation mode.

I've done a lot of atkins in my time, and the first time you do it is always the best. But after that it gets harder. I would recommend carbing up for 3 weeks and drinking 1-1.5 gallons of water a day, and maintaining your work out regime. Then drop back into an atkins induction phase again. If you're not losing any weight and you are faithfully following an atkins post-induction diet, it's probably because you blew the diet a few days and now you've lost the 'magic'.

You'll need to shock your body back into ketosis again most likely. Another way to find out if your body is actually IN ketosis is to get some keto strips that you pee on. Diabetics use them to see if they're damaging their body with the bad kind of ketones, overdoing the insulin. The same strips can be used by atkins dieters to see if they're actually in ketosis.

You can pickup the strips at most pharmacies or if in doubt, drugstore dot com has them as well. Bayer makes some of them, and there's a generic you can google for.

Anyways, if you're not in ketosis, keeping up the 'low carb' is worthless. Just carb up for a bit (I don't mean eat ice cream, just eat some pasta with your meat or something), maintain your protein intake, then drop back into an atkins induction phase until you really are in ketosis again. It doesn't take much to jack up an Atkins diet, so it takes a lot of effort and dedication.

From your previous post, I bet you anything that you're not in ketosis anymore, hence the reason you're not dropping weight.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From your previous post, I bet you anything that you're not in ketosis anymore, hence the reason you're not dropping weight.
I wonder if thats what happened to my loss which has paused. I was in ketosis, but I haven't checked lately. I chalked it up to fat transforming to lean mass (which is definitely happening, its visible), but maybe i'm out of ketosis. i'm gonna go check right now (since I have to pee anyhow)

Hmm between 15-40 mg/dl, but its closer to the low end. I'll do a stronger refeed this sunday on complex carbs, and use some yellow gold too, that ought to tweak it all up.

S

smc252

Awards
  • Established
An underactive thyroid is always possible...

Have you had your TSH/free t3/free t4 checked lately?

S

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would combine the good advice here with a nice self-administered HRT protocol with an AI....maybe 300mg/week of TE with .25mg ED of arimidex. the AI is critical because all that adipose tissue houses a surplus of aromatase...i'd bet your E2 is very high, which actually contributes alot to the low T number (the E2 feedback is suppressing your HPTA causing less T production signaling)...

but yeah, diet is key. CKD sounds like a good option.