Group Accountability / Challenge thread

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Today I have been going back through my training logs and also my macro tracker. This morning I checked it at 242, while I have not dropped any weight since 5/22/2023. I have maintained 242-243 consistently for just about 3 weeks.

after looking through and reviewing I believe it’s time to re adjust my calorie intake as I believe I have balanced out between weight and intake. So today I re adjusted and will start making progress. The next goal I have set for my self is 220#.

hope everyone else is making progress and achieving set goals!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Today I have been going back through my training logs and also my macro tracker. This morning I checked it at 242, while I have not dropped any weight since 5/22/2023. I have maintained 242-243 consistently for just about 3 weeks.

after looking through and reviewing I believe it’s time to re adjust my calorie intake as I believe I have balanced out between weight and intake. So today I re adjusted and will start making progress. The next goal I have set for my self is 220#.

Right on dude nice work
I've had a hard time balancing strength goals with cutting goals. I'm hanging in the low 190s still (from 200) but I'm gonna step it up with some added cardio I think and make a push for 185 slowly if I can without sacrificing strength too much.

My 300lb bench and 500lb dl are my top priorities still so if at any point I feel like the dieting cuts into that too hard I'll take a break and stay a little fat until I hit those goals....

We have a trip with friends coming up in late July so that gives me a little more motivation lol

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Right on dude nice work
I've had a hard time balancing strength goals with cutting goals. I'm hanging in the low 190s still (from 200) but I'm gonna step it up with some added cardio I think and make a push for 185 slowly if I can without sacrificing strength too much.

My 300lb bench and 500lb dl are my top priorities still so if at any point I feel like the dieting cuts into that too hard I'll take a break and stay a little fat until I hit those goals....

We have a trip with friends coming up in late July so that gives me a little more motivation lol
Heck yeah man! I have no doubt you are going to achieve those numbers!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man that was a killer workout!!!
I know in a podcast Mike said that he wanted feed back from the beta testers to implement into the app so I’m sure they are going to be pretty responsive.
I know it’s a very small detail but I am really happy with the dark theme they rolled out.

Also if you click on your profile they have an option to create custom exercises. He also I’m pretty sure said that they were going to take custom exercises that people create and go through them and the decent ones add to the list of options to choose.

Awesome job maintaining and now adjusting.
Right on dude nice work

Nice, I wouldn't worry too much, you keep training hard, and picking up the volume and anything you think you lost will come right back after some free eating and super-compensation while on vacation. The leaner you get before your trip the more impressive the response on the climb back up will be. Then you can start reverse dieting again when you get back. Maybe throw the occasional 24-72 hour fast in to maintain your fat levels.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hopefully everyone is doing well and still working on their goals. I am eating big this week to try to grow on deload then back to a deficit next week. Things are going well, and I haven't really softened up too much considering all the food I have been forcing down this week.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hopefully everyone is doing well and still working on their goals. I am eating big this week to try to grow on deload then back to a deficit next week. Things are going well, and I haven't really softened up too much considering all the food I have been forcing down this week.
Still striving for the goal brother! Thing’s going good next week is my big push week and then de load week after that then onto the next mesocycle.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Woke up at a whopping 212.2 this morning after BBQ at a friends last night. Smoothed out some but still way tighter than I would expect to look at this weight. I will finish out my week of feeding today and more than likely kick off a fast tomorrow, or at a minimum return to maintenance type of calories and kick one off a little later in the week. I am still trying to get my shoulder to heal so I may end up doing another week of deload, or maybe even active rest if that is what the my ART guy suggests when I see him for this tomorrow.

Cooking beef and chicken fajitas on the blackstone for Father's Day. Looking forward to that grub! The left over chicken will be my meal prep, I got 6lbs of chicken and plan to feed everyone the beef first. A, it tastes better, and B, I need some lower fat meats, even if I stay in a surplus this week I intend to clean up the food choices and have my fats coming from better sources.

Drinking my preworkout and heading to the gym around 1:00-1:15 going to do my deload lower body session then come home, clean up preheat the Blackstone and get down to bidness! My FIL got called in to work so when we finish eating and visiting with everyone, I think the wife and I will drive down to his bar and take him a plate. Maybe have a drink and spend a little time with him. It is the first Father's Day since they were estranged and I could see how disappointed she was when she found out he got called in a little bit ago.

By the way, Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers in here!!!!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Woke up at a whopping 212.2 this morning after BBQ at a friends last night. Smoothed out some but still way tighter than I would expect to look at this weight. I will finish out my week of feeding today and more than likely kick off a fast tomorrow, or at a minimum return to maintenance type of calories and kick one off a little later in the week. I am still trying to get my shoulder to heal so I may end up doing another week of deload, or maybe even active rest if that is what the my ART guy suggests when I see him for this tomorrow.

Cooking beef and chicken fajitas on the blackstone for Father's Day. Looking forward to that grub! The left over chicken will be my meal prep, I got 6lbs of chicken and plan to feed everyone the beef first. A, it tastes better, and B, I need some lower fat meats, even if I stay in a surplus this week I intend to clean up the food choices and have my fats coming from better sources.

Drinking my preworkout and heading to the gym around 1:00-1:15 going to do my deload lower body session then come home, clean up preheat the Blackstone and get down to bidness! My FIL got called in to work so when we finish eating and visiting with everyone, I think the wife and I will drive down to his bar and take him a plate. Maybe have a drink and spend a little time with him. It is the first Father's Day since they were estranged and I could see how disappointed she was when she found out he got called in a little bit ago.

Sounds like things are still going good man! Sounds like some good eating/cooking, glad to hear about taking the FIL a plate and spending some time. Sometimes that’s what we all need just a little something extra that’s not expected.

I’m still working on my goals, seems like forever since I’ve lost any pounds. The plus side is I have not gained any! Feeling like I’m fitting into this size and I think looking a lot better. At first I felt small and kind of deflated. I seem to be filling out and looking leaner, keeping the path forward and working as hard as I can!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cooking beef and chicken fajitas on the blackstone for Father's Day.

I love the Balckstone. Just got an old one and can't wait to buy a new one soon. Only problem is, if I grill, I gotta drink! It's a curse and a gift.

Happy Father's Day to everyone as well! I didn't Blackstone, but I did smoke a ribeye and a potato!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like things are still going good man! Sounds like some good eating/cooking, glad to hear about taking the FIL a plate and spending some time. Sometimes that’s what we all need just a little something extra that’s not expected.

I’m still working on my goals, seems like forever since I’ve lost any pounds. The plus side is I have not gained any! Feeling like I’m fitting into this size and I think looking a lot better. At first I felt small and kind of deflated. I seem to be filling out and looking leaner, keeping the path forward and working as hard as I can!
Sounds like things are going awesome man! You have been killing these sessions!
I love the Balckstone. Just got an old one and can't wait to buy a new one soon. Only problem is, if I grill, I gotta drink! It's a curse and a gift.

Happy Father's Day to everyone as well! I didn't Blackstone, but I did smoke a ribeye and a potato!
Nice! Yeah, I love the Blackstone so far it has been an awesome purchase. I do like to have a drink when grilling but I keep that to gatherings, and not food prep. Sometimes you gotta sacrifice for the sexy! LMFAO!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m still working on my goals, seems like forever since I’ve lost any pounds
I sorta feel like cutting can be just like anything in fitness sports and it comes with ebbs and flows, "deloads" of it's own nature, etc. I've mentioned it before but even Layne has written up some great stuff on how he's doing mini cuts and mini reverses now that are only like 4-6 weeks long but over the course of a year lead to some great fat loss + strength gains. he just recently killed a PL comp.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I sorta feel like cutting can be just like anything in fitness sports and it comes with ebbs and flows, "deloads" of it's own nature, etc. I've mentioned it before but even Layne has written up some great stuff on how he's doing mini cuts and mini reverses now that are only like 4-6 weeks long but over the course of a year lead to some great fat loss + strength gains. he just recently killed a PL comp.
Yeah it’s funny because I kinda complain about it but at the same time I’m like I’ve lost right about 30lbs since January of this year. And I’m not gaining just holding steady, definitely stronger than I was. I literally have nothing to complain about but I still do 😂

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah it’s funny because I kinda complain about it but at the same time I’m like I’ve lost right about 30lbs since January of this year. And I’m not gaining just holding steady, definitely stronger than I was. I literally have nothing to complain about but I still do 😂
30 lbs is some serious weight, take a little break, maintain and than set the next goal !! I'm sure I mentioned this before but I lost 85lbs almost 40 years ago !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is damn good and consistent effort! Well done!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am down from 212.2 Monday morning to 203.4 this morning.

Fasting is going well, I will break this current fast sometime tomorrow morning or afternoon. Hell maybe even a late dinner if I am feeling good and decide to push for about 72 hours. Right now the plan is earlier but if I can extend longer without much effort I may do so.

Mentioned in my log that my lower body is really responding well to the hypertrophy very well. My thighs and calves have recovered a decent bit of size with the increase in volume, and my calves well just starting to train them at all after about 10 years of not really directly training them. So they are exploding quickly. My jeans keep getting stuck on them making it look like I am wearing high-waters.

I am pretty happy so far, my original goal in here was to see my abs which happened while I was in SFO, I just didn't capture it in a picture. However they are showing somewhat decently now when flexed and arms up. I am also starting to see a little of my loose skin on the abs show up so I am definitely getting a smaller waist circumference. I may take some pics tomorrow morning of me fat and deflated, then another set Saturday if I end up eating most of the day to show what I look like with a little bit of carbs back in me to fill me up. I am already flat as a pancake right now from fasting the last 38 hours.

Injury update - Shoulder is improving daily with the active rest, and the ART session. I find out Saturday if I can return to upper body training, and how I should break back into it if it is go time. If he tells me I need more rest I will start my lower body focused meso, and just zero out the sets on upper body until I get to return to upper body training.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am down from 212.2 Monday morning to 203.4 this morning.

Fasting is going well, I will break this current fast sometime tomorrow morning or afternoon. Hell maybe even a late dinner if I am feeling good and decide to push for about 72 hours. Right now the plan is earlier but if I can extend longer without much effort I may do so.

Mentioned in my log that my lower body is really responding well to the hypertrophy very well. My thighs and calves have recovered a decent bit of size with the increase in volume, and my calves well just starting to train them at all after about 10 years of not really directly training them. So they are exploding quickly. My jeans keep getting stuck on them making it look like I am wearing high-waters.

I am pretty happy so far, my original goal in here was to see my abs which happened while I was in SFO, I just didn't capture it in a picture. However they are showing somewhat decently now when flexed and arms up. I am also starting to see a little of my loose skin on the abs show up so I am definitely getting a smaller waist circumference. I may take some pics tomorrow morning of me fat and deflated, then another set Saturday if I end up eating most of the day to show what I look like with a little bit of carbs back in me to fill me up. I am already flat as a pancake right now from fasting the last 38 hours.

Injury update - Shoulder is improving daily with the active rest, and the ART session. I find out Saturday if I can return to upper body training, and how I should break back into it if it is go time. If he tells me I need more rest I will start my lower body focused meso, and just zero out the sets on upper body until I get to return to upper body training.
Man that’s awesome you got the abs and that was your goal so congratulations on achieving it!! Killing it on the workouts as always, hopefully your shoulder heals quick and you be back to rocking and rolling!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man that’s awesome you got the abs and that was your goal so congratulations on achieving it!! Killing it on the workouts as always, hopefully your shoulder heals quick and you be back to rocking and rolling!
Thanks AK! I am not quite as lean as I would like but I have also officially hit the minimum target. I intend to keep leaning up and hopefully adding a little bit of muscle in the process until about the beginning of August unless I get ahead of my target over the next 2 weeks of dieting.

6/23/23 - Morning Weight 201 on the dot.

Here is the current status of my physique as of this morning, I am flat as a pancake but my abs are showing, not defined but they are definitely showing. I will go ahead and put up a progress shot from 5/14/23 as well to show the difference.

Before - 5/14/23

This morning 6/23/23

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice Work !

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks AK! I am not quite as lean as I would like but I have also officially hit the minimum target. I intend to keep leaning up and hopefully adding a little bit of muscle in the process until about the beginning of August unless I get ahead of my target over the next 2 weeks of dieting.

6/23/23 - Morning Weight 201 on the dot.

Here is the current status of my physique as of this morning, I am flat as a pancake but my abs are showing, not defined but they are definitely showing. I will go ahead and put up a progress shot from 5/14/23 as well to show the difference.

Before - 5/14/23
View attachment 233477

This morning 6/23/23

View attachment 233478
Man that is awesome work and huge accomplishment!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote