Green coffee extract (Chlorogenic acid) action on blood glucose

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It seems there are some data in favor of blood glucose lowering action of chlorogenic acid (CGA) but there are not too many companies putting CGA in their GDA products (actually I don't see any). Any idea why CGA is not more popular?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not sure on this one. In to see if anyone has a reason.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My hunch is either the supp companies are too cheap or stupid to add it or fear some people may not buy it due to the caffeine content since a GDA should not be a stim. But it is good stuff for sure and I don't think there is a ton caffeine in it.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Burn24 used green coffee. Typically, I think green coffee extracts are 1% caffeine or something, so that shouldn’t be concerning. I don’t have an answer to the original question though.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Came to mention Burn24.

My guess is that GCB was an overly hyped ingredient similar to Raspberry Ketones and Garcinia Cambogia, thanks to Dr. Oz and the likes, causing GCB to have a bad reputation and companies afraid that would hurt their sales if in a formulation.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Came to mention Burn24.

My guess is that GCB was an overly hyped ingredient similar to Raspberry Ketones and Garcinia Cambogia, thanks to Dr. Oz and the likes, causing GCB to have a bad reputation and companies afraid that would hurt their sales if in a formulation.
Yeah, once Dr. Oz says something is good, it's poison to supplement companies. But I actually like raspberry ketones, but it has to be doses way higher than most products have, I got decent results at 2 grams a day.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, once Dr. Oz says something is good, it's poison to supplement companies. But I actually like raspberry ketones, but it has to be doses way higher than most products have, I got decent results at 2 grams a day.
Not even Oz could kill ashwagandha though lol.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It should probably also be mentioned, the original study showing all the weight loss with green coffee was retracted by the authors. The people who conducted the study fudged the numbers or something. I’m sure that didn’t help its reputation.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Came to mention Burn24.

I remember some site was liquidating Burn24, I had like 15 bottles of it in my cabinet. Lasted years. lol.