Unanswered Great lecture on Boron!

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take 12 mg Swanson bornon and I feel honestly different. A bit more confidant and testy than normal. It could be doing something. Joints feel a tad more achy than normal too.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I take 12 mg Swanson bornon and I feel honestly different. A bit more confidant and testy than normal. It could be doing something. Joints feel a tad more achy than normal too.
That’s odd normally Boron is beneficial for joints.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s odd normally Boron is beneficial for joints.
I read it's good for bones on general. Could be just poor recovery or too much overhead farmers walks

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Everything I have read states 100mg boron citrate equals 10mg active boron.

Also in the photo it states serving size is 500mgs.

250mgs Longifolia
200mgs Boron Citrate ( label shows active boron )
And 50mgs of filler

This would equate to the 500mgs and would make sense given the 20mgs of Boron.
Yup. It can’t be half the pill is fillers.. lol. Plus, it’s BLR. But, it would be good to get the label corrected though.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you know what type of LJ is used in viron? Like is it a 100:1 extract?
It is a house secret. I just ordered Viron, so I will let everyone know how it goes when I've used it.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Since boron increases uptake of magnesium, should we be concerned with taking too much magnesium when taking extra boron? I’ve found I need >400mg elemental magnesium to prevent deficiency symptoms such as muscle twitches, but when I start taking boron should I take less magnesium or is there no concern still with taking too much?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Since boron increases uptake of magnesium, should we be concerned with taking too much magnesium when taking extra boron? I’ve found I need >400mg elemental magnesium to prevent deficiency symptoms such as muscle twitches, but when I start taking boron should I take less magnesium or is there no concern still with taking too much?
I wouldn't be worried about it since out of the 400mg of magnesisum taken, much of it is excreted.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
People don’t understand how much magnesium is actually needed for elemental magnesium to be absorbed. You’ll only absorb about 20 percent of magnesium. I’ve talked to guys who take over 2500 mg magnesium glycinate daily. 400 mg is NOTHING. Most supplements aren’t giving you elemental magnesium. They’re giving you a 50/50 split of magnesium bonded to something. So often 400 mg of magnesium glycinate is only 200 mg magnesium where you only absorb(maybe if lucky) 20 percent which gives you 40 measly milligrams of elemental magnesium. I’ve talked to people who needed to take 4 grams of magnesium glycinate daily to get out of a deficiency plus weekly 5 gram shots. Also here’s a fun fact. Milligram per milligram calcium cancels out magnesium. So if you’re in a deficiency and you take 1000 mg of calcium and only 400 mg of magnesium your deficiency is going to get worse. On top of that caffeine, ANYTHING with oxolates and a plethora of foods and veggies will make the magnesium you’re taking worthless

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People don’t understand how much magnesium is actually needed for elemental magnesium to be absorbed. You’ll only absorb about 20 percent of magnesium. I’ve talked to guys who take over 2500 mg magnesium glycinate daily. 400 mg is NOTHING. Most supplements aren’t giving you elemental magnesium. They’re giving you a 50/50 split of magnesium bonded to something. So often 400 mg of magnesium glycinate is only 200 mg magnesium where you only absorb(maybe if lucky) 20 percent which gives you 40 measly milligrams of elemental magnesium. I’ve talked to people who needed to take 4 grams of magnesium glycinate daily to get out of a deficiency plus weekly 5 gram shots. Also here’s a fun fact. Milligram per milligram calcium cancels out magnesium. So if you’re in a deficiency and you take 1000 mg of calcium and only 400 mg of magnesium your deficiency is going to get worse. On top of that caffeine, ANYTHING with oxolates and a plethora of foods and veggies will make the magnesium you’re taking worthless
So what your saying is, dose higher with my magnesium glycinate?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I take 480mg elemental magnesium from mag glycinate, so 3-4g magnesium glycinate.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok so Magnesium Glycinate is ~14% magnesium by weight. Therefore 4g Mg Glycinate would be ~550mg Magnesium.

Again, as with the Boron explanation above, if you are looking at a Magnesium Glycinate supplement, if listed correctly 400mg on the label means it is supplying you with that much elemental magnesium (please don’t take a ton of pills thinking otherwise).

Also, while deficiency does seem to be a problem for people and research isn’t 100% in showing supplemental magnesium helps, there are a decent amount showing benefit (in a variety of areas like bone health, depression, diabetes, etc) with 300mg Magnesium. So you don’t necessarily need insane amounts to get benefit.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok so Magnesium Glycinate is ~14% magnesium by weight. Therefore 4g Mg Glycinate would be ~550mg Magnesium.

Again, as with the Boron explanation above, if you are looking at a Magnesium Glycinate supplement, if listed correctly 400mg on the label means it is supplying you with that much elemental magnesium (please don’t take a ton of pills thinking otherwise).

Also, while deficiency does seem to be a problem for people and research isn’t 100% in showing supplemental magnesium helps, there are a decent amount showing benefit (in a variety of areas like bone health, depression, diabetes, etc) with 300mg Magnesium. So you don’t necessarily need insane amounts to get benefit.
Thanks for the info. I had previously thought that different companies had varying amount of glycine and magnesisum.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The BLR sale is up!
IMG_20190708_173847_051.jpeg

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Took my first pill last night. Just got hyyyuuuge!!!!! 😂

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Took my first pill last night. Just got hyyyuuuge!!!!!
LOL. Took 2 last night. 2 this morning pre workout. And will go forward with 2 in morning pre workout. 10 lean lbs gained already! xD

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Should our ladies be taking it too? How much for them if so?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How many mgs are you taking daily? 6 daily?
I take 2 caps of Viron, so it that is 20mg boron and 500mg longjack. I take pre workout. I would start a woman at 10mg a day and see how she feels. Boron is safe for men and women.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I knew some people cycled LJ100, but wasn’t sure about Boron.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve only been using boron for a week now, built up from 3mg to 9mg today. I don’t think it’s effected how I feel, but perhaps a little extra sensitive, water retention, and reduced vascularity. I also started FA-HMB the same day but I don’t see how that could’ve influenced those side effects. I’m guessing it’s elevating my e2? I’m going to stop and make sure it all balances back out. I don’t mind being extra sensitive lol, but looking less defined AND less vascularity?! No way.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve only been using boron for a week now, built up from 3mg to 9mg today. I don’t think it’s effected how I feel, but perhaps a little extra sensitive, water retention, and reduced vascularity. I also started FA-HMB the same day but I don’t see how that could’ve influenced those side effects. I’m guessing it’s elevating my e2? I’m going to stop and make sure it all balances back out. I don’t mind being extra sensitive lol, but looking less defined AND less vascularity?! No way.
Could be due to lowering shbg, or causing an increase of test. That could cause an increase in estrogen. Boron itself is not estrogenic.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone get lightheaded/dizzy and feel like they might just pass out after using 3-9mg of boron? First half of day u will get random spells every single time i use it! So weird and truly a bit scary at times.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Brundels labels always suck, he cant even get spelling correct on some of them.. really puts down trust

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone get lightheaded/dizzy and feel like they might just pass out after using 3-9mg of boron? First half of day u will get random spells every single time i use it! So weird and truly a bit scary at times.
I take 20mg plus. Have not had that reaction.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Brundels labels always suck, he cant even get spelling correct on some of them.. really puts down trust
Send him a message of discrepensies you find. He plans to update some supps, and in doing so, the label will be changed.

Reactions: 00A

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take 12mg daily with TRT, it increases my free test on labs by 20-25% and works very well with zinc for increased libido. Not sure if it would be more effective or less for those not on exogenous test. That is my upper limit though because I've tried the old, "well if 12 is good, doubling it will be even better" and there was no further increase in free test, but an increase in e2.

As an added benefit, anecdotally, my brother races enduro and MX and the team doctors all up their boron intake along with D, K, and calcium when in training and race season because they found it does wonders for joints and tendon health and helps recovery when injured. My dad followed this protocol when he injured his shoulder in the gym and had surgery and the docs were amazed at how quickly he recovered at 75years old.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I take 12mg daily with TRT, it increases my free test on labs by 20-25% and works very well with zinc for increased libido. Not sure if it would be more effective or less for those not on exogenous test. That is my upper limit though because I've tried the old, "well if 12 is good, doubling it will be even better" and there was no further increase in free test, but an increase in e2.

As an added benefit, anecdotally, my brother races enduro and MX and the team doctors all up their boron intake along with D, K, and calcium when in training and race season because they found it does wonders for joints and tendon health and helps recovery when injured. My dad followed this protocol when he injured his shoulder in the gym and had surgery and the docs were amazed at how quickly he recovered at 75years old.
Good testimony. I'm excited to see what my free/total test and e2 levels will be in the next coming months.

I am having my DHT tested Aug 31.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
BLR having a summer sale if you guys want to try Viron.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's a great boron standalone supplement to take?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's a great boron standalone supplement to take?
You can get it at any vitamin shop and it’s dirt cheap. Online even cheaper. I also have been using 12 mgs.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You can get it at any vitamin shop and it’s dirt cheap. Online even cheaper. I also have been using 12 mgs.
I never see boron at anywhere. I always end up buying the 6star test booster for the 10mg boron in it. I've looked in multiple grocery stores, CVS, Walgreens ect. No stand alone boron supplement

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I never see boron at anywhere. I always end up buying the 6star test booster for the 10mg boron in it. I've looked in multiple grocery stores, CVS, Walgreens ect. No stand alone boron supplement
Easy to find online the solo boron products

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I grabbed some from Life Extension and Now. The Life Extension seems to be a blend of borons and Now is from calcium boroglucinate. All pretty cheap. ...I'll look for the Swanson one.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Vitaminshope is a chain store and has it. I’d imagine gnc would as well.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I grabbed some from Life Extension and Now. The Life Extension seems to be a blend of borons and Now is from calcium boroglucinate. All pretty cheap. ...I'll look for the Swanson one.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When is the best time to take boron?

Yesterday I took 3mg along with 250mg of Shilajit PrimaVie in the morning and I had a hard time sleeping last night. I was very energized all day, but maybe it was just all the Christmas activity. But very hard to wind down and relax last night.

Also, some folks and studies I just read are purporting that it increases E2 and then others saying decreases: what gives??

Last edited: