good stack based on amino acids?

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,

After some researches, I’d like to experiment with amino acids in my stack. I’ve put some questions - can you give your feedback?

For your reference, this is my current stack: magnesium, vit D, MSM, chaga, shilajit and cordyceps.
I’ve just started a ginger supplement, since I’ve read here that it’s anti serotonin and pro testosterone (bloodworks showed that hormones are in range but I have low luteinizing hormone).

Taurine (2g)
  • Is it necessary to counter-balance by taking beta alanine?
  • I’ve tried in the past (before sleep) but after extended usage I’ve got dry skin - is it a known side effect?
Lysine (500mg/1g)
I’m interested mainly for anti anxiety, help with sleep, anti serotonin, help with dry skin (alongside Vit C) and immune response modulation - I have an autoimmune disease.
  • Is it true that it could raise HDL cholesterol?
  • Is it necessary to counter-balance lysine by supplementing arginine or citrulline? If yes, which dosage?
Glycine (2/3g)
I’ve heard great things about this, so I’ve started supplementing it before sleep, in order to enhance deep sleep (recently I’m having too much REM sleep and not enough deep sleep).
However I got interrupted and disturbed sleep. How is this possible? Glycine is quite always advised for sleep... It’s interesting, because I get the same side effects on sleep with magnesium (every type) if I take it in the evening.

Theanine (200/400mg)
I really wanted to like this, since it seems that everybody is recommending for anxiety, focus, sleep and overthinking. However I didn’t notice many benefits and I got sad mood after extended usage. Is this “nocebo effect”, or is it really possible to have this side effect on mood with theanine?
That being said, I think that theanine helped with hay fever and high histamine issues.

Agmatine
I’ve seen some good reviews about it (even if it seems it’s not an amino acid), since it could help with inflammation, anxiety and many other things (it has also some “nootropics effects” on mood and focus).
Do you have any experience with agmatine, combined with the other supplements mentioned?

Thanks!