Glychophase dosing......help

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
This will be the first time I've ever used a GDA. My goal is a slow and consistent recomp/cut. I'll be eating slightly under maintenance or at maintenance levels.

Stats: 51 years old - 6' 215 lbs Probably 17-18% bf (just comimg off a bit cut with lots or Ursa Major/Flashpoint, Alpha 7, Ultra 11, ThermoAmp, & All Out Sweat and 3-AD.

I took a 4 week break from Ursa/Flashpoint but will be hitting both at 3-4ml each/day. Along with 2 ml of Epichaos daily. My fat burner will be Vital Alchemy's new Shredded stacked with their Fit-throid. Preworkout will be IF All Out Sweat mixed with Daft Pump! I'm also taking Liver XT and Optimize T.

Since I will be offshore I work out not long after waking up before going to work and in a fasted state. Carbs are always on the menu offshore- so I was thinking 2 caps before my mid day meal and 2 caps before my evening meal?

Any other ways I could incorporate this into my regimen would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Typically speaking you take your gda with your meals, I haven't used glychophase as I like my ingredients to be separate so I can control what and when I'm taking it.
If you can only take 2 servings per day or whatever then take it with your 2 highest carb meals but not pre or post workout, you don't need a gda around the workout window.

Going by your extensive list of supplements, I think you need to put some more effort in your diet and fall back on the supplement use, no1 really needs a fat burner at 18% bf, and all the other supplements your taking would also work better if you locked your diet down and got to a lean yet comfortable 12-15%

I personally don't think a fat burner is necessary till you hit single digit bodyfat and your calories are painfully low. You could easily go from 17/18% to 13/14% in like 6-8 weeks with no supplements at all.

But I would keep the gda in there because insulin sensitivity is very important for fat loss and muscle gain

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
But,

Since you already got all this stuff, here's how I would use it.

Go back to your apex stack, add the gda with every carb containing meal or at bare minimum you're too highest carb containing meals (post up a picture of the gda label if you could. But avoid the gda around your post workout meal. You need your carbs there, especially if your training fasted.

Save the fat burner for when your calories are getting low and your hungry all the time, now throw in the fat burner

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Typically speaking you take your gda with your meals, I haven't used glychophase as I like my ingredients to be separate so I can control what and when I'm taking it.
If you can only take 2 servings per day or whatever then take it with your 2 highest carb meals but not pre or post workout, you don't need a gda around the workout window.

Going by your extensive list of supplements, I think you need to put some more effort in your diet and fall back on the supplement use, no1 really needs a fat burner at 18% bf, and all the other supplements your taking would also work better if you locked your diet down and got to a lean yet comfortable 12-15%

I personally don't think a fat burner is necessary till you hit single digit bodyfat and your calories are painfully low. You could easily go from 17/18% to 13/14% in like 6-8 weeks with no supplements at all.

But I would keep the gda in there because insulin sensitivity is very important for fat loss and muscle gain
I think that I am closer to 15% BF or leaner but I really have no idea how to gauge it. I'm the leanest I've been in a long time. I'll post a recent picture to see what people think my BF level may be at. The Shredded will be more for energy throughout the day at work- the fact that it's a fat burner is just an added benefit for me- I may drop it and just use the Fit Thyroid. Still trying to figure out my regimen.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I think that I am closer to 15% BF or leaner but I really have no idea how to gauge it. I'm the leanest I've been in a long time. I'll post a recent picture to see what people think my BF level may be at. The Shredded will be more for energy throughout the day at work- the fact that it's a fat burner is just an added benefit for me- I may drop it and just use the Fit Thyroid. Still trying to figure out my regimen.
Honestly the %number don't mean much. I just threw some numbers out there because people love numbers lol.

At 15% you should have visible outline of your abs for most ppl.

If you really wanna know if your lean, stand up and see how much belly fat you can pinch, if there's less then 1/2in between your fingers your a good healthy level of leanness. Now sit down and lean forward and grab again, there should seem like significantly more body fat at this point, but if you grab and now there's less then a half in your pretty damn lean, if your just grabbing skin your shredded

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's SNS Glycophase
I would take 4 caps at any meal containing 50gm of carbs or more.

Berberine is my favorite gda, I like 1000mg with my high carb meals, your product has 500 per serving and going by the doses of the other ingredients in your product, taking a half a dose with a meal I don't think it's going to be enough to do much.

Without a doubt I would take a full serving with each of my high carb meals just for the sake of making sure I got at least 500mg berberine at those meals.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Here is a recent picture.
I'd guess 18%

Your arms and shoulders are much lower but your mid section has a much higher% of bodyfat, not trying to be discouraging here because that's also my hardest to lose area, I'm just trying to give a honest opinion. At 15% when you flex your abs you can fake a 6pack for photos😁

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm still looking at the ingredients and some of those things I haven't used before so I don't know if there's any reason to avoid taking too much of them, hold on I got a idea

@sns8778

Can you help this gentleman figure out his gda timing

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
More than likely 2 out of 3 meals will have more than 50 grams of carbs - That's why I was thinking of taking 2 before each of those meals. It's hard to eat really good offshore - mostly what I do is avoid fried foods and sugar although I'm not a big sugar/sweets guy anyway.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
More than likely 2 out of 3 meals will have more than 50 grams of carbs - That's why I was thinking of taking 2 before each of those meals. It's hard to eat really good offshore - mostly what I do is avoid fried foods and sugar although I'm not a big sugar/sweets guy anyway.
My concern is that things have an effective dose, and taking half of an effective dose might not provide any benefits at all so I don't want you to waste the product.

No I'm not trying to say it will be a waste I genuinely do not know that's why I tagged the person above as I'm pretty sure they can give you a more definitive answer, I also believe he's the owner of the company that you purchased that product from

BigSWOLE25

BigSWOLE25

Awards
  • First Up Vote
2 caps twice a day helped me in my recomp. My favorite was slinmax but they changed the formula so I made the switch to glycophase.

I tried straight berberine at 500mgs twice a day and my stomach could not tolerate. To each their own. I'll do 3 caps a meal of glycophase on heavy cheat meals/refeeds or do 2 caps and throw in a cap of r ala.

Price point wise it's hard to beat as well.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
2 caps twice a day helped me in my recomp. My favorite was slinmax but they changed the formula so I made the switch to glycophase.

I tried straight berberine at 500mgs twice a day and my stomach could not tolerate. To each their own. I'll do 3 caps a meal of glycophase on heavy cheat meals/refeeds or do 2 caps and throw in a cap of r ala.

Price point wise it's hard to beat as well.
There's 500mg of berberine in glychophase

BigSWOLE25

BigSWOLE25

Awards
  • First Up Vote
500mgs per 4 capsules. On use 2 capsules at a time usually. Usually 2 with breakfast and 2 with dinner.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Berberine works very similar to metformin, oddly even the side effects are similar and a lot of guys do have stomach issues with it. Typically you can start low, build up slowly and get to 1000mg per meal but some people just can't handle it

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Berberine works very similar to metformin, oddly even the side effects are similar and a lot of guys do have stomach issues with it. Typically you can start low, build up slowly and get to 1000mg per meal but some people just can't handle it
what brand do you use?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
what brand do you use?
Whatever brand is cheeper usually, I mean as long as it's a company I've heard of.

The time before last I used the NOW brand @ $20 per bottle, 90 caps x 400mg, most recent I purchased the Swanson brand @ $12 per bottle, 60 caps x 400mg

Most of the other brands I used came at 500 mg per cap

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Whatever brand is cheeper usually, I mean as long as it's a company I've heard of.

The time before last I used the NOW brand @ $20 per bottle, 90 caps x 400mg, most recent I purchased the Swanson brand @ $12 per bottle, 60 caps x 400mg

Most of the other brands I used came at 500 mg per cap
ahhh cool i use solaray 60 500 mg caps for $20ish

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This will be the first time I've ever used a GDA. My goal is a slow and consistent recomp/cut. I'll be eating slightly under maintenance or at maintenance levels.

Stats: 51 years old - 6' 215 lbs Probably 17-18% bf (just comimg off a bit cut with lots or Ursa Major/Flashpoint, Alpha 7, Ultra 11, ThermoAmp, & All Out Sweat and 3-AD.

I took a 4 week break from Ursa/Flashpoint but will be hitting both at 3-4ml each/day. Along with 2 ml of Epichaos daily. My fat burner will be Vital Alchemy's new Shredded stacked with their Fit-throid. Preworkout will be IF All Out Sweat mixed with Daft Pump! I'm also taking Liver XT and Optimize T.

Since I will be offshore I work out not long after waking up before going to work and in a fasted state. Carbs are always on the menu offshore- so I was thinking 2 caps before my mid day meal and 2 caps before my evening meal?

Any other ways I could incorporate this into my regimen would be greatly appreciated!!!!
GlycoPhase is a great product and I like it for helping get and stay leaner, recomp, and overall digestion and not feeling as bloated.

I like your supplement regimen as far as the All Out Sweat, Daft Pump, Liver Assist XT, and Optimize-T.

For me personally, I take 2 capsules of GlycoPhase twice per day 15 to 30 minutes prior to or with my highest carb meals. I try for 15 to 30 mins beforehand but on days where I'm super busy and can't time it right, I take it with the meal itself.

A lot of people take it the way I do but then I've also seen some people that take 4 capsules with their pre-training meal of 50 to 100 grams of carbs. I've seen where some, like Smont, disagree with dosing it pre-workout and/or post-workout; I could honestly make an argument for or against that but I think the truth is that strategy works great for some and not as well for others, depending on their own individual response.

For anyone reading along, here is the actual suggested use for GlycoPhase:
As a dietary supplement, take 2 to 4 capsules per day. Take 2 capsules up to twice daily, 15 to 30 minutes prior to your pre-training mean and/or other meals containing at least 30 to 100 grams of carbohydrates OR take 4 capsules once per day 15 to 30 minutes prior to your pre-training meal containing at least 50 to 100 grams of carbohydrates or 15 to 30 minutes before your heaviest carbohydrate containing meal of the day.

Here is a great mini-review by a long time poster that uses GlycoPhase daily:

I think 2 capsules twice a day before those meals containing a lot of carbs is a good strategy imo.

My concern is that things have an effective dose, and taking half of an effective dose might not provide any benefits at all so I don't want you to waste the product.

No I'm not trying to say it will be a waste I genuinely do not know that's why I tagged the person above as I'm pretty sure they can give you a more definitive answer, I also believe he's the owner of the company that you purchased that product from
Thank you for tagging me in the thread. I really appreciate it.

GlycoPhase is usually used at 4 caps per day and a lot of people take it 2 caps twice per day; some do take 4 caps once per day. I've seen the occasional person go up to 6 caps per day but that's something I'd build to, not start off at imo.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
2 caps spread twice per day with large carb meals or 4 with a single really carb heavy meal can work.

For me personally 2 caps effects blood sugar more effectively than just a large dose of Berberine and also has other benefits versus just simple blood sugar regulation.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2 caps for 50-75g of carbs works pretty good

Glycophase is good stuff.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eric42952 Anabolics 16