Glucose Disposal Agents (GDA)

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what's the point if you're not a fat slob with a borderline a1c? a lot of these products inhibit polysacharidases in the gut, so if taking them makes the user feel less guilty about binging then i guess that's valid. inhibiting adipogenesis? to what extent? is it significant? also, the more effective ingredients work by up-regulating ampk- which is something you don't want to keep up chronically

you are all over the place.

what does a fat slob have to do with anything? I think you mean if you are insulin resistant or glucose intolerant.

Exercises increases AMPK. What is your definition of "chronic" use and why is it bad?

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
you are all over the place.

what does a fat slob have to do with anything? I think you mean if you are insulin resistant or glucose intolerant.

Exercises increases AMPK. What is your definition of "chronic" use and why is it bad?
you knew what i was implying by saying "fat slob"

yes, exercise ramps up amp AND motor- big difference. as for chronic ampk stimulation not being a good thing for someone trying to build muscle, that is self-explanatory.

i know you are in the miracle pill selling business so i don't expect you to agree with me (publicly)

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Lots of lean folks with dysfunctional insulin function.

To say they're pointless is a gross oversimplification. Used intelligently (i.e., timing, diet, etc), I think research and anecdotal accounts show a positive benefit.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

yes, exercise ramps up amp AND motor- big difference. as for chronic ampk stimulation not being a good thing for someone trying to build muscle, that is self-explanatory.

i know you are in the miracle pill selling business so i don't expect you to agree with me (publicly)
not knocking you at all, I just lol'd because correct me if im wrong but isnt USP out of the GDA game now?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Somebody recently explained exactly how and why this affect is insignificant in terms of building muscle when using GDA/Berberine products.

Unfortunately, I can't find it now...

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Slintinsity and slinmax (I feel 2 caps minimum is needed as to slintinsity 1 cap is effective for small carb meals)

nduronio

nduronio

Awards
I have tried slinsane and it was alright but made the switch to slinmax and like it a little better. The l norvaline in slinsane will give you a nice pump so you might think it's working better than it really is. Slinmax has a much better ingredient profile with the addition of ala and agmatine. Many people will tell you to dose these pre workout for a "nasty pump" which you will get but be prepared to feel like crap once your blood sugar drops. After doing further research I prefer to just use slinmax on a refeed day. I am taking assass1nate now along with Ignit3 for a cut and am enjoying them quite nicely.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
I have tried slinsane and it was alright but made the switch to slinmax and like it a little better. The l norvaline in slinsane will give you a nice pump so you might think it's working better than it really is. Slinmax has a much better ingredient profile with the addition of ala and agmatine. Many people will tell you to dose these pre workout for a "nasty pump" which you will get but be prepared to feel like crap once your blood sugar drops. After doing further research I prefer to just use slinmax on a refeed day. I am taking assass1nate now along with Ignit3 for a cut and am enjoying them quite nicely.
I thought L-norvaline was just crap for healthy people.

So the verdict on Norvaline? Low doses won't do anything, high doses may be detrimental to health, and medium doses co-ingested with arginine may increase arginine's bioavailability. The story changes completely if you have endothelial dysfunction.
Thread; http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/235003-coops-corner-2-a.html

Never understood why people take it as a PWO, just sounds unnecessary. I would utilize it during my meals instead.

nduronio

nduronio

Awards
I thought L-norvaline was just crap for healthy people.

Never understood why people take it as a PWO, just sounds unnecessary. I would utilize it during my meals instead.
Yea I never did a whole lot of research on norvaline but from what I understand it can give a slight pump. I wasn't implying that it was a good addition to the ingredients but that it may be responsible for the pump, not the glucose being flooded into your muscles. And I do agree with you on not taking a GDA pre workout, I tried it a few times on arm day and got a good pump but had low energy and couldn't focus from the drop in blood sugar.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I never used a GDA for pre workout pump. That's why I use pre workout pump products. I rather save it for carb meals.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I plan on utilizing my Assass1nate at full dose for the fat burning aspects and my Slintensity (on order) sparingly for those times when I eat a really high carb or sh1tty meal. This plan is subject to change though as I have never experienced using a straight up powerful GDA such as Slintensity. We shall see...

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
I plan on utilizing my Assass1nate at full dose for the fat burning aspects and my Slintensity (on order) sparingly for those times when I eat a really high carb or sh1tty meal. This plan is subject to change though as I have never experienced using a straight up powerful GDA such as Slintensity. We shall see...
My guess is you'll be real happy with this combo.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
I am extremely impressed with Na-R-ala so far (using a brand that uses Geronova). I used ala and r-ala in the past and this stuff works even better.

Zariph

Awards
I am extremely impressed with Na-R-ala so far (using a brand that uses Geronova). I used ala and r-ala in the past and this stuff works even better.
When and how you dose it? And what impressed you;p?

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
I dose 1-200mg about 15 min before carb meals, probably getting 4-600mg total per day. I've taken a lot of ala and r-ala in the past, but basically noticed I look better (fuller/leaner/harder) which is something I've noticed in the past with r-ala.

Additionally, I seem to be staying lean even after eating more fattening meals. Strength also seems good, pump and hardness good. Not having any sides (i.e., negative mood changes) like I did with a certain popular "Bulk" brand of regular powder r-ala available on Amazon... reminds me of the good r-ala from Anafit (Glucorell-r) I used to take back in the early 2000s, except more potent.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Burn24 if you didn't like Glycophase. Which I'm a bit surprised because for the price it's badass.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right now using Performax SlinMax and really liking it. Next on the list for me is OL Assass1nate

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I like Bitter Melon for that purpose and Cinnamon. I just buy them separately but a mixed combo is good too!

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Okay, again, you are all over the place.

I was asking questions that you really don't have any answers. You didn't answer the definition of chronic and some people use metformin for AMPKs potential for longevity.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1568163711000778

You still haven't answered why its bad and saying it's self explanatory is a straw man approach. You can dig all you want about motives but you can't sensibly answer the question.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not knocking you at all, I just lol'd because correct me if im wrong but isnt USP out of the GDA game now?
why can't we ask "why" when someone states something as fact. There should be an explanation behind blanket statements and instead of entering into a discussion that benefits the community, grown men get all sensitive and turtle up....

And its a great topic because paradoxically, the More muscle agenda and consumption of large amounts of calories sometimes used with anabolics speeds the aging process..

So when big pappi says its bad, its not, its just bad for his goals in his mind and not everyone...

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Back in the day Shawn Wells was working on a pump product for AX that was based on a huge dose of Norvaline(gram+), beta-tested it and seemed to work well but never made it to light.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
why can't we ask "why" when someone states something as fact. There should be an explanation behind blanket statements and instead of entering into a discussion that benefits the community, grown men get all sensitive and turtle up....

And its a great topic because paradoxically, the More muscle agenda and consumption of large amounts of calories sometimes used with anabolics speeds the aging process..

So when big pappi says its bad, its not, its just bad for his goals in his mind and not everyone...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3712072/

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back in the day Shawn Wells was working on a pump product for AX that was based on a huge dose of Norvaline(gram+), beta-tested it and seemed to work well but never made it to light.
super expensive and probablynot any better than arginine....so why really...

plus all animal data dosed via intraperitoneal cavity as opposed to oral

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
Okay, again, you are all over the place.

I was asking questions that you really don't have any answers. You didn't answer the definition of chronic and some people use metformin for AMPKs potential for longevity.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1568163711000778

You still haven't answered why its bad and saying it's self explanatory is a straw man approach. You can dig all you want about motives but you can't sensibly answer the question.
lol this must be what i sound like to all the women i've ever dated- nit picking at minutiae during a debate/argument/whatever

you can define chronic however you'd like, the fact is that these medications aren't doing anything for the guy that wants to build muscle; we aren't talking about the guy trying to add hours to his life. i'm not sure what you educational background is, but it's not difficult to extrapolate why these drugs aren't great for bodybuilders given ampk's role in metabolism- a quick google search would give you all the answers you seek in minutes

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol this must be what i sound like to all the women i've ever dated- nit picking at minutiae during a debate/argument/whatever

you can define chronic however you'd like, the fact is that these medications aren't doing anything for the guy that wants to build muscle; we aren't talking about the guy trying to add hours to his life. i'm not sure what you educational background is, but it's not difficult to extrapolate why these drugs aren't great for bodybuilders given ampk's role in metabolism- a quick google search would give you all the answers you seek in minutes
doesn't it get broader than google. Maybe, I'll pray on it.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I love ALA and r-ALA as supplements but they cause me massive heartburn which I can't "stomach" and that's why I prefer Cinnamon and Bitter Melon.

All three are great for you but the ALA stomach effects don't seem to agree with me, I take it on occasion but not constantly

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
I love ALA and r-ALA as supplements but they cause me massive heartburn which I can't "stomach" and that's why I prefer Cinnamon and Bitter Melon.

All three are great for you but the ALA stomach effects don't seem to agree with me, I take it on occasion but not constantly
I have started grinding cinnamon and putting in my oatmeal at about 1/2 tsp per cup of cooked oats. Do you think that is under / overdosed? And do take it straight up before carbs or always with food?

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
For people who have tried various gdas and have used a product like Olympus labs assassinate which do you prefer

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i thought i pretty clearly stated that these drugs serve no purpose in a bodybuilder's supplement stack- this is, after all, a bodybuilding website.

if you're a non-diabetic using these meds for life extension purposes, just know that this runs counter to your physique goals.
Im genuiely curious, not being disengenuous....

But, if there are any benefits to these GDA type products for normal healthy people, might any negatives be ultimately outweighed by all the other positive bodybuilding stuff we do?

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
Im genuiely curious, not being disengenuous....

But, if there are any benefits to these GDA type products for normal healthy people, might any negatives be ultimately outweighed by all the other positive bodybuilding stuff we do?

some of the herbs in these products are actually "carb blockers" and not insulin sensitizers (or whatever supp companies call them) so they can be of use pre-feast and help ease a guilty conscience so there's that.

ultimately, if your goal is to build muscle then what's the point? i'm sure there are a million other things you'd rather spend that $30/month on

Reactions: Nac

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to get more carb blockers even the sucrose blocker to try!

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
stop being a dummy, purposely.
just messing around, man. i agree with you in that the bodybuilding lifestyle isn't necessarily the healthiest- at least in terms of optimizing longevity. however, aesthetics > everything, no?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
just messing around, man. i agree with you in that the bodybuilding lifestyle isn't necessarily the healthiest- at least in terms of optimizing longevity. however, aesthetics > everything, no?
So you mean I can't be freakishly jack3d and live a long time too?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As long as you construct your diet according to the USDA food pyramid guide, you should be fine and live til at least 94.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As long as you construct your diet according to the USDA food pyramid guide, you should be fine and live til at least 94.
Possible but I'd say under 1% might follow it now.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My all time favorite and go to has been slin sane for GDA. Been so long since I ordered it not even sure if it's still out on the market. Stuff did amazing things.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Haha

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
So how does this benefit the Type 2 Diabetics in anyway?

I for the longest time thought it would, but can anyone do like an ELI5 on the effectiveness of a GDA for a type 2 diabetic?

Yes, I understand we should consult our doctors, but I am looking for an ELI5 version that helps me understand.

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
Gynemna Sylvestre
Cinnamon bark
Banaba leaf

ordered today.. but are gonna use it for my bulk starting october.. used gynemna as a single ingredient in the past and I think it worked well!