Glen's Mass FX log

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Well i've been out of the gym for 3 weeks because of the holidays and traveling blah blah blah

i'll be taking 4 pills a day

my diet can be found here - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bulking/55188-glens-diet.html?highlight=glen's+diet

and i'm back to my original workout program listed here - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/50614-glens-redemption-log.html

today i weighed in at 200.5

day 1
chest - DB press
100 - 10
105 - 8
110 - 4

back thickness - BB rows
225 - 10
245 - 8
265 - 6

back width - close grip reverse grip pulldowns
200 - 10
210 - 8
220 - 6

tris - rope pulldowns
140 - 10
150 - 10
150 - 10

relatively light today trying to get back into the swing of things .. the holidays weren't kind to me haha

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
do my eyes deceive me? are your calves growing? do tell.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Glen,
Kick azz in this log, bro!
I'll be watching.

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
1/10

bis - alternating incline DB curls
50's - 10
55's - 9
60's - 6

quads - squats
315 - 10
335 - 8
365 - 8

hams - SLDL
225 - 2 ... my left hamstring tweaked and i stopped .. i have a bad history with that hamstring and don't want to pull it .. i'll be fine by monday when i do legs again

calves - seated raises
3 plates x 12 x 3

instead of 1 pill 4x throughout the day today i took 1 upon waking and 2 before the gym (i'll take another tonight) to see if it helped .. i can't say i noticed an extra boost though

i'll weigh in again on monday ... write again after friday's workout

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You will like this supp I have been on it for almost 30 days now and it is one of my favorites now. It has incredible abilities on recovery time.

M

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You will like this supp I have been on it for almost 30 days now and it is one of my favorites now. It has incredible abilities on recovery time.
Now that's an ENDORSEMENT, if i ever did see one! :clap:

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i'm really looking forward to it .. it'll be tough because i'm in PCT so lets see what this baby can do

M

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
THATS even better! Very effective for PCT!

let the GAINS begin..................

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glen loving the DCesque routine, and I know your diet is on point! You will def enjoy the recovery abilites of FX... I do have a question though would you suggest a routine like your or straight sets as Dante suggests for Pre Contest?

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well i think that's totally up to the individual and what you can deal with while dieting ... its so hard to lift those last few weeks because of how sh*tty one feels ... so whatever can get ya through ... its not like you're trying to actually build muscle at that point anyway ... at that stage diet and cardio are far more important than the specific kind of training IMHO

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks big guy. I love the strength and grwoth from the program!!! you just have to tell yourself that you are doing enough and you grow outside the gym!!!

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
1/12

chest - db press
100 - 10
105 - 7
110 - 4 .... felt really weak on these today

back thickness - rack deads
405 - 10
455 - 8 ... felt strong on these and would have done another set but i didn't want to crazy my first week back

200 - 10
210 - 8
220 - 7 ... felt great with these

tris - double hand overhead ext.
100 - 12
105- 12
110 - 10

felt great most of the workout ... just really struggled with db press for some reason

my elbows, shoulders, and knees have been slightly bothering me ... i believe this compound is starting to dry me out which shows its doing something

i'll give more thoughts after my workout on monday and a full week on mass FX

M

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
looking forward to the 1 week summary! We'll have to keep an eye on the joint issues. Haven't seen that reported elsewhere, usually it is the opposite......

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm living vicariously through Glen - totally jealous that he gets to use MassFX now.
:sick:

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
1/15 weight 202.5

bis - single arm DB preacher curls
50 - 8
55 - 8
60 - 7

quads - leg press
5 plates per side - 10
6 " " - 12
7 " " - 12

hams - lying leg curls
12 x 8 x 3 ... took these kinda easy as last time i tweaked my hamstring a bit .. felt fine today

calves - seated raises
3 plates + 25 x 12 x 3

pretty decent workout today although the gym was PACKED (MLK day) which was annoying as i'm not used to that

so i'm 2 pounds heavier than i was last week (for whatever that's worth) and my waist is still a touch under 30"

to be honest i wasn't expecting this product to do jack sh*t for me ... but after a week i'm more than pleasantly surprised ... its hard to guage its effects on my strength because of the 3 week lay off .. but that will be easier to judge after i'm done with this cycle ... its VERY important to keep in mind i'm in the 4th week of PCT for a 5 month cycle ... i did not expect to still be as hard as i am and i really believe mass FX is responsible for this ... i'm very pleased with what this compound has done for me thus far from an aesthetics standpoint .. so much so i can't imagine not incorporating this into every one of my PCT's from now on ... but we've still got a little less than 3 full weeks left .. so we'll see :)

M

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
THAT sounds like a GLOWING endorsement, to me! :D

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am glad you are enjoying your PCT. And I hope the 3 weeks treat you well.

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
1/17

chest - DB press
105 - 10
110 - 8
115 - 5

back thickness - BB rows
225 - 10
265 - 8
275 - 7

210 - 10
220 - 8
230 - 6

tris - doublehand overhead ext.
100 - 10
105 - 9
110 - 9

marked improvement in strength today ... is this because of the mass FX? or because i'm getting back into the groove of being in the gym and muscle memory is kicking in? or some combo of both? .... i can say this .. i always take at least a week off after cycles and when getting back my strength usually continues to dip down for a bit (or more accurately plateau after dipping) ... this time my strength is going up earlier than normal ... seems this stuff is starting to have a positive effect on my strength as well as my physique

M

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
sounds great! you know what you are doing, not much else i can say!

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good so far, look forward to following this log and good luck.

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
1/19 ... sorry about the missed post .. running around too much yesterday so you get it now :)

bis - straight bar curls
115 - 10
135 - 6
135 - 6

quads - hack squat
5 plates per side - 12
6 " " - 10
7 " " - 12

hams - glute ham raises
BW - 9
BW - 7
BW - 7

calves - seated calf raises
3 plates + 25 x 12 x 3

pretty good day .. nothing new to really report aside the workout info .. onward!

M

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
did you update your avvy? you look bigger in it. is it just me?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
and I recall you used Tren in the tail end of the 5 monther right? If I'm correct it is quite surprising how you have bounced back so very quickly.. not to mention strength going up during and after PCT.. that is something to take notice of. ;)

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
actually the tren was used at the very beginning for 6 weeks, so it has been out of my system for quite a while ... nevertheless i'm still really impressed with how quickly i've bounced back

and i haven't updated the avy .. still the same one :)

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
sorry super hectic day yesterday but here's the post

1/22

chest - incline hammer strength
2 plates - 10
2 + 25 - 8
3 plates - 6

back thickness - t-bar rows
3 plates - 10
4 - 10
5 - 8

back width - wide grip pull ups
BW - 10
BW - 8
BW - 8*

tris - doublehanded overhead ext.
105 - 10
110 - 9
115 - 8

this stuff is really quite remarkable for not shutting down the HPTA ... i mean no one would confuse this with gear, but for a natty product its probably the best i've ever used

*due to a bet on sunday i did 25 wide grip pullups in a row at my buddy's place so my lats were a little tired during the workout

M

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
25 wide grip pullups!!! :jaw: did you win the bet?

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
life's been busy lately .. sorry for the delays with the posts

1/24

bis - alternate incline db curls
55's - 10
60's - 8
65's - 6

quads - squats
315 - 10
355 - 10
375 - 8

hams - GHR
BW - 9
BW - 7
BW - 6

calves - seated raises
(3 plates + 25) x 12 x 3

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
strong stuff brutha, may keep this product in mind for a few of my buddies when they come off.

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
sorry i didn't post this weekend .. i unexpectedly had to run out of town and i missed friday's workout .. i apologize for that but i did manage to eat relatively well and obviously continued to take the mass FX .. i'll post today's workout later after i do it

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
1/29

2 plates + 10 - 10
2 plates + 35 - 8
3 plates + 5 - 7

back width - BB rows
2 plates - 10
2 + 25 - 10
2 + 35 - 8

back thickness
200 - 10
210 - 8
220 - 6*

tris - overhead db ext.
95 - 10
100 - 10
110 - 9

wow great workout today .. i continue to be impressed with this stuff really felt super strong today ... the only thing i WOULD complain about (had i purchased it) would be the price .. i recommended this product to a few friends of mine and raved about it .. they looked into it and informed me its 80 bucks ... i have no doubt this cost a lot to research and develop, but it still is rather pricey ... again though as far as the product goes it really is top-notch

*joined a new gym today for various reasons and the pulldown machine was definitely heavier than at my old gym

M

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
you can find it for way less than 80 dollars on various internet sites.....

nutraplanet for one sells it for 45, i believe!

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
oh in that case i have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product .. only sing its praises nonstop!

N

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Hey Glen, long time no talk! The log looks good, I too am running MassFX during my pct, coming off a 7 monther lol...feeling pretty darn good actually, this stuff is actually making pct enjoyable!

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i second that nate dawg

no i haven't kept on eye on my BP as i never have issues with it ... my bp usually is around 105/65 .. i don't feel as if i have high bp but that doesn't mean it hasn't gone up ... i'll get it checked out when i can

1/31

bis - preacher curls
45's on ez curl - 10
50's - 7
55's - 5

quads - hack squats
5 plates per side - 10
6 plates - 12
7 plates - 10

hams - seated leg curls
160 - 10
180 - 10
200 - 10

3+25 x 12 x 3

another strong workout ... feeling good :)

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I know the FX will continue to keep you singing non stop!!!

R

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Wouldnt think it would be an issue...but I kinda quite checking for a couple of weeks on a 4ad low dose dbol and was a little surprised. Just wonderin

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
ryano .. i'm not sure what you're asking

2/2 ... sorry about the delay in posting this

2 plates + 25 - 10
2 + 35 - 8
3 + 5 - 6

back thickness - cable rows
180 - 10
190 - 10
200 - 9

200 - 10
210 - 8
220 - 6

tris - rope pulldowns
160 - 10
180 - 8
190 - 6

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
bis - straight bar curls
135 - 10
145 - 7
145 - 6

quads - hack squats
5 plates per side - 10
6 plates - 12
7 plates - 10

hams - lying leg curls
180 - 10
200 - 10
210 - 8

3+25 x 12 x 3

nothing really new to mention .. pretty good workout today .. product still has my unwaivering approval :)

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
this was the last workout while on mass fx as i run out of the stuff today

2/7
2 plates + 25 - 10
2 + 35 - 8
3 + 5 - 6

back thickness - BB rows
225 - 10
275 - 10
295 - 7

back width - wide grip pullups
BW - 12
BW - 10
BW - 9

tris - rope pulldowns
160 - 10
180 - 10
200 - 8

overall i was very impressed with product ... i weighed in at 204 yesterday which was what i was at when i began PCT .. certainly can't complain about that!!!

i'll have after pics up tomorrow :)

great job on this product guys ... without a doubt the best product i've ever used that doesn't screw up the HPTA!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Anabolics 2
G Nutrition / Health 50
G Workout Logs 234
G Workout Logs 159
Beelzebub General Chat 44