GJohnson7385 + Needtobuildmuscle Contest Log. NeedToBuildMuscle & MrSupps

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, just posted some updated pictures today, I need to take 1 more for the front shot though, I will do it later...I just got home today from the underway..

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Here is a comparison photo

So the second set of pictures was right after a workout and the today pictures was no workout at all, it was a little bit after I got home from work...I have very happy with the results so far, I cannot complain one bit. My muscles are harder then ever. I need to get the abs photo up cause my abs are coming in very nicely now also. 2 months to go and I just cant wait for the outcome..

Update: Abs added

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
So another quick update...Before I got underway I could rep 60x10 for 3 sets in dumbbell bench press. I could barely get 70s up....I just did 70x10 then I figured hey why not, did 80x10, then what the heck let me try it. Did 90x7...All with no spotter being I am at my house and my wife in no way is gonna spot me, lol....So needless to say I am pumped up, the best i did last deployment was 85s so 90s is awesome. I said I wanted to be repping hundreds before this contest is over and It is in the horizon.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
def a good amount of change in those pics and great news on the lifts.you should def be hitting 100's by the end of this.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can really see the difference in definition between your pics man. Good job up to now bud :D

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
So guys, today I woke up and weighed in at 166...I told myself I would eat enough to hit 170, a weight I have never been at....Well I am happy to say I weighed in at 171 lbs 5 minutes ago...I know it won't be there in the a.m. but to see it on the scale was a landmark for me....the best part is all the stuff I ate today was healthy for me.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So guys, today I woke up and weighed in at 166...I told myself I would eat enough to hit 170, a weight I have never been at....Well I am happy to say I weighed in at 171 lbs 5 minutes ago...I know it won't be there in the a.m. but to see it on the scale was a landmark for me....the best part is all the stuff I ate today was healthy for me.
Good job man. Keep pushing and 170 will be in your rear view mirror...

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice work on the scale bro you can def get there and stay there I know u got it in ya.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, so the cycle is over, doing PCT Now....Couldnt get to 170 but stayed, was stuck at 166....Continuing to get leaner though so I cannot complain.

Workout chest and Bi's today with a buddy from work. Maxed out 245LBS in bench which was my max last deployment so I was happy to hit that again. Got it up twice and then tried for 265 but just couldnt do it unassisted..Next time hopefully i can do it.

Did deadlift yesterday, something I rarely do and was able to get 315 up a 5 times after my 3 sets with 225LBS....Going to start hitting legs hard these last 2 months of the compitition...

I bought some Pro Complex Gainer and been taking that once a day. Also taking Kwik Fix from Nutrition Science and Pro Complex protein. Eatting very good still, keeping it lean..

Going to have some updated pictures soon probably next week some time so look out for them.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, so the cycle is over, doing PCT Now....Couldnt get to 170 but stayed, was stuck at 166....Continuing to get leaner though so I cannot complain.

Workout chest and Bi's today with a buddy from work. Maxed out 245LBS in bench which was my max last deployment so I was happy to hit that again. Got it up twice and then tried for 265 but just couldnt do it unassisted..Next time hopefully i can do it.

Did deadlift yesterday, something I rarely do and was able to get 315 up a 5 times after my 3 sets with 225LBS....Going to start hitting legs hard these last 2 months of the compitition...

I bought some Pro Complex Gainer and been taking that once a day. Also taking Kwik Fix from Nutrition Science and Pro Complex protein. Eatting very good still, keeping it lean..

Going to have some updated pictures soon probably next week some time so look out for them.
very solid stuff here.can't wait for the updated pics

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't wait to see the pics bro. Nice job on the cycle. Looks like you built muscle and lost some bodyfat.
I know you wanted to see 170 on the scale but that scale isn't telling you how much muscle you added. Staying the same weight and dropping fat is the best of both worlds :D

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait to see the pics bro. Nice job on the cycle. Looks like you built muscle and lost some bodyfat.
I know you wanted to see 170 on the scale but that scale isn't telling you how much muscle you added. Staying the same weight and dropping fat is the best of both worlds :D
Yeah, thats how i felt in the end of the cycle...This morning I was 167...I have been workout out with a guy at work that puts up a good amount of weight and I pushed myself to the Limit with him the past couple days...My body has been feeling off so I really hit the weights hard to try and bring my natural test levels back up.

Looking forward to my PCT with P347, I am hoping to continue to have gains. Having a lifting partner is letting me hit the weights harder now and I feel it couldnt of come at a better time.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Also I wanted to add in variation...This past month and a half I have been showing my muscles different variations of workout out...I started with just dumbbells at home...Then went I got underway I used my Bodylastic bands for a few weeks..Now that I am back home I am using the equipment at the gym...So my body is constantly sore cause I am keeping it different..Always pushing heavier weights...I feel for me this is the key to my overall gains so far.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also I wanted to add in variation...This past month and a half I have been showing my muscles different variations of workout out...I started with just dumbbells at home...Then went I got underway I used my Bodylastic bands for a few weeks..Now that I am back home I am using the equipment at the gym...So my body is constantly sore cause I am keeping it different..Always pushing heavier weights...I feel for me this is the key to my overall gains so far.
good call keep it guessin and growing

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kill it in PCT bro!!

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Updated pictures taken today, did a Day one to Now comparison....Body is cold in both pictures.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You leaned out a bunch man and added some good muscle too! Nice job!!

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
You leaned out a bunch man and added some good muscle too! Nice job!!
Yeah man, I am very happy about that. I need a tan lol, the flash really takes away from my definition in my abs and stuff.....I started taking Forma Stanzol 6 pumps today. I was very surpised with how nice it went on. I was expecting a more tick cream but it dries up nicely...I am going with 1 pump on my upper back. 1 pump per shoulder and bicep. The last pump on my upper abdomen and lower chest area.....Any better ideas on where to apply it is appreciated.

I ordered some need2slin for that last month of the comp..Also some skeleton balm for my joints...But today I did Bi's after and they werent sore like usual. I wonder if this has to do with the Forma Stanzol that I applied in that area? Any comments on that guys?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah man, I am very happy about that. I need a tan lol, the flash really takes away from my definition in my abs and stuff.....I started taking Forma Stanzol 6 pumps today. I was very surpised with how nice it went on. I was expecting a more tick cream but it dries up nicely...I am going with 1 pump on my upper back. 1 pump per shoulder and bicep. The last pump on my upper abdomen and lower chest area.....Any better ideas on where to apply it is appreciated.

I ordered some need2slin for that last month of the comp..Also some skeleton balm for my joints...But today I did Bi's after and they werent sore like usual. I wonder if this has to do with the Forma Stanzol that I applied in that area? Any comments on that guys?
Yeh that Forma is known for how great that stuff goes on and dries. I really dont think the forma would have anything to do with lack of soreness, but I guess its possible. Your application of the Forma seems fine to me. I think the main thing is to make sure it is applied pretty spread out and evenly and that looks like what you are doing.

Good call on the Need2slin, that stuff should help out with insulin sensitivity and do great for helping tighten things up as the competition winds down...

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Yeh that Forma is known for how great that stuff goes on and dries. I really dont think the forma would have anything to do with lack of soreness, but I guess its possible. Your application of the Forma seems fine to me. I think the main thing is to make sure it is applied pretty spread out and evenly and that looks like what you are doing.

Good call on the Need2slin, that stuff should help out with insulin sensitivity and do great for helping tighten things up as the competition winds down...
I just did my PM dose of Forma....I did it a bit different...I used like half pumps and spread it out even more...traps, lats, shoulders, biceps, upper chest, abs, and forearms

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TD best absorption is where you're veiny and skin is thin with little fat or hair. Tops of feet, inner thighs, inner arm, forearm, shoulders.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
TD best absorption is where you're veiny and skin is thin with little fat or hair. Tops of feet, inner thighs, inner arm, forearm, shoulders.
So I did my dose this morning inner thighs, inner arm, forearm, shoulders, back, upper chest and abs.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is correct. Those are the best areas for application

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
solid stack your running.that forma is no joke def potent stuff

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Did my pm dose....less then 5 minutes after my muscles have a minor pump feeling going on around my biceps....So I feel its starting too kick in more, looking forward too the up coming doses.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Would you guys recommend I keep the pumps spread out like I am doing or focus more on say two spots and put the pumps there like bigt did with just chest and thighs.....

I am noticing after I apply it my lips get really dry?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would you guys recommend I keep the pumps spread out like I am doing or focus more on say two spots and put the pumps there like bigt did with just chest and thighs.....

I am noticing after I apply it my lips get really dry?
I think it comes down to personal preferance really. It probably doesn't make much difference IMO

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Alright, In effort to be more informative in my Thread I am going to try and show my nutrition intake each day...I got a Tracker now on my phone which makes it a lot easyer for me to track it...So here is today...Obviously a estimate but I feel its pretty close to where I am today.

Calories - 3628
Fat - 126g
Carbs - 359g
Protein - 298g

Any feedback is always appreciated of course.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, In effort to be more informative in my Thread I am going to try and show my nutrition intake each day...I got a Tracker now on my phone which makes it a lot easyer for me to track it...So here is today...Obviously a estimate but I feel its pretty close to where I am today.

Calories - 3628
Fat - 126g
Carbs - 359g
Protein - 298g

Any feedback is always appreciated of course.
I like the idea bro

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cal's look great bro

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Cal's look great bro
Thanks man, I posted my diet in the Bulking forum and another guy said the calories were excessive and I would definitly gain fat from that.....I know its not really true seeing I am low in the fat calories, about where I should be for carbs and almost dead on for protien in a mass building diet.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
So I did my chest workout today and attempted to do biceps also....

Flat Bench Press
135x15
185x10
225x5
135x12
I have been having awful pains in my joints at my elbow and it is restricting me a lot..When I go down the pain get worse...But I go through flat bench

Cable Flies - Weight is Per arm
50x15
60x12
70x10
50x20
This didnt hurt my joint at all, which was good.

Incline Bench - this is where It got really bad
50x10 - This set caused my Right Anterior Head Shoulder Muscle to start to hurt again...Last deployment I was flat benching 85lb DB's and the ship all of a sudden rocked really bad and cause me to Stretch that muscle a bit to much..I have been fine until now and the pain is starting to come back from it...Needless to say I tried to go on
50x10
50x5 - Pain just got to bad...Normally I go up in weight from 50, 60, 70, the back to 50. Today I just couldnt. The pain in my elbow joints and right shoulder just wouldnt let me..

Incline Machine Bench - I figured I would try a machine workout to maybe give some support and wouldnt cause me to bend my elbows in as much.
2 45's x 10
4 45's x 10
4 45's x 10
This went a bit better but still pain in my shoulder...This point I decided to stop while I was ahead and go for some biceps

.....Well I also have been having a lot of pain in my right forearm especially and I tried preacher curls at 65LBS to warm up and I could barely do 3 cause the pain was just to much for me to handle....

Soo needless to say, I think I am going to take the rest of the week off on upper body and just do some Leg and ab routines with some cardio also....I just need my upper body to rest this week and hopefully I can be back in the gym next week back to where I should be...The past 7 weeks I have pushed myself a lot so i think its time for a little break...I just hope next week I am better...I ordered some Skeleton Balm to help with the pain but the order got messed up so I am going to have to wait a few more days for it to come in.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Todays Diet

Calories - 3678
Fat - 106g
Carbs - 372g
Protein - 321g

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your joint and pain issues can be helped a lot by increasing your fish oil intake to over 10g a day and adding in Cissus. Glucosamine and MSM also help out too.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I got the skeleten balm in today and applied it immediatly...They also sent me some samples and Thiomucase for the mix up which is awesome.....

I also got my Body Fat Analyzer in today and I am currently at 12.4% BF which is where I figured I was at...I wish I had it went I started the contest but oh well. I guess now is the best time to have it, when it really matters.

So I have been doing more Leg workouts this week due to the forearm pains I am having...Got some shoulder and chest workout on some machines today to see if the pain would come when I did it and it didnt, which was good...Its really only when I do arm workouts really.....I had duty yesterday so I didnt get a chance to put my Diet so here it is for yesterday....

Calories - 3601
Fat - 109g
Carbs - 354g
Protein - 345g

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a body fat analyzer on the way myself, though I'm kinda scared to see where I'm at right now since I've been bulking since Sep.

Good progress man. 12% bodyfat is pretty good and 10% is where it really starts shining so you are well within reach of looking pretty jacked my man ;)

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
I have a body fat analyzer on the way myself, though I'm kinda scared to see where I'm at right now since I've been bulking since Sep.

Good progress man. 12% bodyfat is pretty good and 10% is where it really starts shining so you are well within reach of looking pretty jacked my man ;)
Yeah man, I am happy with being in the 12's right now before even starting to cut down...I did start with the Need2Slin 2 days ago...Since I accidently got the Forged Burner I may go with that the final month of the comp to really cut down.....I even am going to use the Yohimbo & Caffinee cream on my abs to see how that works......I am glad everything besides my Fish Oil, Liv support and multi vit and protein are from NTBM or Mr.Supps....I am standing by there products throughout this compatition...I would prolly even stick with the Proteins but it is just so easy to goto my local Discount Supplement store to get it...

Also, I have used the Skeleten Balm and I must say the normal pain from my forearms is currently reduced....It is still sore when I put pressure on it but right now I feel completely fine...So A+ to Skeleten Balm....Tomorrow or the 15th I am going to order the Joint Repair also.

So anyways I got my Diet intake for today - Keep in mind this day started at 0230 because I had duty and went on watch at 0245...

Calories - 4132
Fat - 109g
Carbs - 445
Protein - 340

Everything is up a bit besides fat due to my day being a bit longer today...Good day though....I am happy to say during my PCT I am maintaining my gains and I might even be adding a bit but I wont say that until my PCT is about over..

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established

Oh yeah one more thing about that Analyzer...I didnt really look at the instructions before I did my first test with it and I was in the 8%, haha. I was like wtf, ru serious? Then I realized I had to hold it 90 degrees, oh well.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah man, I am happy with being in the 12's right now before even starting to cut down...I did start with the Need2Slin 2 days ago...Since I accidently got the Forged Burner I may go with that the final month of the comp to really cut down.....I even am going to use the Yohimbo & Caffinee cream on my abs to see how that works......I am glad everything besides my Fish Oil, Liv support and multi vit and protein are from NTBM or Mr.Supps....I am standing by there products throughout this compatition...I would prolly even stick with the Proteins but it is just so easy to goto my local Discount Supplement store to get it...

Also, I have used the Skeleten Balm and I must say the normal pain from my forearms is currently reduced....It is still sore when I put pressure on it but right now I feel completely fine...So A+ to Skeleten Balm....Tomorrow or the 15th I am going to order the Joint Repair also.

So anyways I got my Diet intake for today - Keep in mind this day started at 0230 because I had duty and went on watch at 0245...

Calories - 4132
Fat - 109g
Carbs - 445
Protein - 340

Everything is up a bit besides fat due to my day being a bit longer today...Good day though....I am happy to say during my PCT I am maintaining my gains and I might even be adding a bit but I wont say that until my PCT is about over..
great news on the pain being reduced

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
I found out what is causing my pain in my forearms....When I was doing my preacher curls I was gripping the bar way to tight and it cause the pain there....Yesterday I did some light dumbbell curls and payed better attention to my grip as my forearms still are sore but I was again to curl them when i loosened my grip....So this is a step in the right direction. I am just going to go light for alittle while untill this pain is gone...Probably going to stay away from preacher curls for awhile.

Yesterdays Diet

Was on the low side yesterday, I go caught up in work and missed a meal then I worked out right after I got out of work...Oh well its the weekend, I will make up for it the next 2 days.

Calories - 3095
Fat - 78g
Carbs - 333
Protein - 280

I write these numbers down in disappointment, I dont often go under my diet so this is a set back....Only one day so I shouldnt get on myself to much about it...

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
So recently I have been helping a guy at work trying to pack on some mass...He started at 130LBS a little over 2 weeks ago and currently he is 137LBS...So a 7 LBS gain for him in only a couple weeks.....He has been working out with me and I have been pretty much killing him at the gym but he is very happy with the results so far.....I found out though that he hasnt been drinking much water so I got on him about that yesterday so he is going to always have water now....These gains are from no PH's, just added protein before and after workout, eating better foods and more meals throughout the day....

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good news on finding out why you had the pain issue and even better news that you are using your knowledge to help someone else reach their goal.its a great feeling watching someone else grow,learn and then keep the process going and pass it on the next guy.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
good news on finding out why you had the pain issue and even better news that you are using your knowledge to help someone else reach their goal.its a great feeling watching someone else grow,learn and then keep the process going and pass it on the next guy.
Yeah it feels good....Just the beginning of my goal once i get out of the Navy to become a Physical Trainer.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Yesterdays Diet

Calories - 4043
Fat - 102g
Carbs - 419g
Protein - 340g

Good day, went out and restocked my fridge so I have enough food for hopefully most of next week..Trying to keep the fat below 100g but just went over it..

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterdays Diet

Calories - 4043
Fat - 102g
Carbs - 419g
Protein - 340g

Good day, went out and restocked my fridge so I have enough food for hopefully most of next week..Trying to keep the fat below 100g but just went over it..
I wouldn't worry about the fat content as much as I would the carbs. Your fat amount looks fine especially if you are getting in mostly healthy fats like from oats.

Carbs do look a little high though. I usually don't go over 350g a day even in a bulk. I go as low as 100g when I'm cutting.

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I know its been a little while since I posted..Been busy with getting ready to move at the end of this month and work has started to keep us here later.....Still working out hard....I have been getting more sleep each night also...My routine has been bed by 8:30-8:45, wake up at 3:45 and be at the gym by 5....Leave around 6:15, goto work. Work until 11am then back at the gym until about 12:15-12:30....I do this almost everyday of the week besides duty days....I am loving the early morning workouts. I have been increasing my weight in the gym still on pretty much everything..I got 8 days left on my PCT which has been just about outstanding...I have maintained all my gains, I am still losing body fat.....I have decreased my carbs a bit and upped my protein intake...Also I still have a minor pain in my right forearm but I do biceps different ways so there isnt much stress on it......I have added Forged Burner one pill a day in the morning, it gives me that nice kick start to my workout along with my protein shake.....This last month of the contest is going to be huge...Looking forward to seeing how I look in another month....Regardless my overall appearance change has been great so far.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to hear that your gains are going so good and the fat is still melting away. Sounds like your PCT has been a really good one too. Congrats bud..

:cheers: