Unanswered Geum japonicum seems to regenerate muscles anyone know a source?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Googled it. No supplements came up. But there’s another study showing it helped repair myocardium following a heart attack. Interesting stuff. I’m curious what components of the plant are doing this, we could possibly find the same or similar ones in other herbs I’m sure. Neither abstract specified what compounds they used, just that they were derived from this plant.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Interesting! Haven't heard of this before!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
New to me ???

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Curious about this as well.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks interesting but I'd take its purported effects with a grain of salt. A lot of these novel herbs look great on paper but they have potent effects of individuals who are already very unhealthy or ill. For healthy regular folks like us, it may not be as effective.
Googled it. No supplements came up. But there’s another study showing it helped repair myocardium following a heart attack. Interesting stuff. I’m curious what components of the plant are doing this, we could possibly find the same or similar ones in other herbs I’m sure. Neither abstract specified what compounds they used, just that they were derived from this plant.
It's being sold on alibaba.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looks interesting but I'd take its purported effects with a grain of salt. A lot of these novel herbs look great on paper but they have potent effects of individuals who are already very unhealthy or ill. For healthy regular folks like us, it may not be as effective.

It's being sold on alibaba.
The study showed it dramatically enhanced muscle repair and growth after injury by increasing the number of myogenic precursor cells or muscle stem cells. Working out itself is a form of muscle injury it's not hard to see this potentially being useful or effective. An alternative to injecting stems cells to repair and strengthen areas just take this and it may have similar effects by increasing them in your body was my take home.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you have anything more than the abstract on this?

My guess is it's a ursolic acid derivative - there are a number of very interesting chemicals in this herb though; including some dopamine related compounds. Interesting find.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Do you have anything more than the abstract on this?

My guess is it's a ursolic acid derivative - there are a number of very interesting chemicals in this herb though; including some dopamine related compounds. Interesting find.
There's another study on it repairing heart damage after a tia. Very impressive results in animals anyways.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16873297

Abstract
BACKGROUND:
It has become apparent recently that cardiac myocytes can divide after myocardial infarction, a circumstance that challenges the orthodox view that myocytes may be terminally differentiated. Replacement of the necrosed heart tissue by newly regenerated functional myocardium is a therapeutic ideal, but attempts to reconstitute functional myocardia and coronary vessels have been less successful.

METHODS:
We isolated a fraction containing 5 compounds from the Chinese herb Geum japonicum, which stimulates the processes of angiogenesis and cardiomyogenesis. We investigated these dual properties in both ex vivo and in vivo systems.
RESULTS:
We observed that this bioactive fraction displayed favorable dual actions on early angiogenesis and cardiomyogenesis in acute myocardial infarction in an animal model. Our results demonstrated that application of this bioactive fraction showed pronounced effects on limiting infarct size by 35%-45%, stimulating early development of new blood vessels in 24 h, and regenerating myocardium, replacing approximately 49% of the total infarction volume after 2 weeks. Echocardiographic studies demonstrated marked improvement of left ventricular function within 2 days after infarction, and the improvement was sustained for >1 month.
CONCLUSIONS:

The properties of this bioactive fraction appear to be entirely novel and represent a new approach for the treatment of ischemic heart disease.

First it started working with days after heart damage. It then regenerated half of the damaged area of the heart inside 2 weeks. Keep in mind with the previous study it works on muscle damage after an injury so it seems to repair muscle damage of various kinds very fast. Seems like the 7,8 DHF of muscle enhancers.

Last edited:
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I saw that as well. Look up Rubus Parvifollus as well...shares many of the same unique chemicals.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The study showed it dramatically enhanced muscle repair and growth after injury by increasing the number of myogenic precursor cells or muscle stem cells. Working out itself is a form of muscle injury it's not hard to see this potentially being useful or effective. An alternative to injecting stems cells to repair and strengthen areas just take this and it may have similar effects by increasing them in your body was my take home.
It did, but in cell cultures. So def interesting and worth trying, but remember it was tested in vitro

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It did, but in cell cultures. So def interesting and worth trying, but remember it was tested in vitro
Remember? I read and posted the study. We won't know for sure until someone tries it how effective it is. Even with human studies they are not conclusive in everyone.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Remember? I read and posted the study. We won't know for sure until someone tries it how effective it is. Even with human studies they are not conclusive in everyone.
Fair, report back and let us know how you get on

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Fair, report back and let us know how you get on
For sure man.

Logically speaking in taking this there is only 3 outcomes;

1. It's highly effective.
2. It's barely effective.
3. It does nothing.

Based on a few factors;

1. Will the dose I take of Geum japonicum yield enough of it's active studied chemicals to that actually make it to my muscles to effect myogenesis sufficiently enough to make a difference?

There are a few animal studies but they are looking at other effects so it's hard to say to what degree it may replicate the cellular studies.

You're right we don't know if they active chemical is orally active or at what dose is needed to reach high enough levels in the bloodstream since those studies were cellular. But the ones that are sound so promising if effective.

Here's one on heart cell regeneration after a heart attack.

Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2011 May;39(5):414-9.
[Myocardial regeneration and repair of infarcted heart by a new composition isolated from Geum japonicum].
[Article in Chinese]
Mo YH1, Peng P, Lin XL, Li ZY, Cheng L, Li M.
Author information

Abstract

OBJECTIVES:
To isolate the cardiogenic fraction, which can enhance cardiogenic differentiation of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) from Geum japonicum. The therapeutic effect of the isolated cardiogenic fraction was further tested in a rat myocardial infarction (MI) model.
METHOD:
Bioassay guided fractionation method was used for the isolation of the cardiogenic fraction, named as heart repair fraction (HRF). MI was induced by a permanent ligation of left anterior descending coronary artery. The rats exhibiting similarly decreased values of left ventricle ejection fraction (LVEF) and fraction shortening (LVFS) were used. The rats in test group (n = 10) were subject to HRF treatment (20 mg×kg(-1)×d(-1)) through gastric gavage daily for 4 weeks. Water alone (2 ml/d) was given through gastric gavage to rats in the control group (n = 10). The cardiac function was assessed by echocardiography at different time points. Masson trichrome staining was used for evaluation of the infarct size. Morphological and immunohistochemical studies were performed to investigate the HRF mediated myocardial regeneration.
RESULTS:
LVEF (66.2% ± 6.9%) and LVFS (46.8% ± 5.8%) were significantly increased two weeks post HRF treatment compared with the values (LVEF: 55.7% ± 6.0% and LVFS: 36.4% ± 5.2%) in control rats (all P < 0.01). The improved heart function was further restored 4 weeks post HRF treatment (P < 0.01). Furthermore, the treatment of acute MI with this HRF significantly reduced the infarct size (19.0% ± 6.1%) compared with that (31.1% ± 8.6%) in control rats (P < 0.01). Substantial regeneration of cardiomyocytes in infarcted region of the HRF treated heart was also observed that replaced a considerable part of the infarcted heart tissues resulting in remarkable reduction of the infarct size.
CONCLUSION:
The properties of this HRF isolated from Geum japonicum in stimulating substantial regeneration of myocardium in infarct region with consequently improved cardiac function appear to be new and represent a new approach for the treatment of MI.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PES 1
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 2
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 6
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 6