Getting Rid of Stretch Marks

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I got some really big and bad stretch marks on my biceps and thighs after bulking, I've tried Hydra Oil and Cocoa Butter Lotions but nothing has worked very well. I was thinking about going to a doctor and getting prescribed Retin A, or just trying to find it somewhere online. Does anyone know anything that works?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have tried retin-a for 6 months before. It lightened them just slightly.. wasnt worth the cost or the dry painful skin.

The only thing that has worked so far is time. They are still there, just much lighter now.

Or some laser therapy supposedly lightens them quite a bit and the right laser to match your skin can hide them... but spendy.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my buddies dad is a chiropractor who makes some stuff called "boo boo cream", got rid of a nasty scar i got on my forehead from a gym accident

it works on stretch marks fairly well...his sons were trying to get him to mass produce it but nothing has happened as of yet

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They will fade with time, but they will never fully go away. If you had a successful bulk, embrace them!

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
There are a couple of laser treatments that are purported to replace the collagen in the affected area to 'fill in' the stretch marks. Pricey but seem to have good feedback.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Bio oil. Worth a shot

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have tried retin-a for 6 months before. It lightened them just slightly.. wasnt worth the cost or the dry painful skin.

The only thing that has worked so far is time. They are still there, just much lighter now.

Or some laser therapy supposedly lightens them quite a bit and the right laser to match your skin can hide them... but spendy.
Truth. Retin A micro dried me out so bad I itched the hell outa my arms lol.

Glycolic Acid 70% peels on my stretch marks on my arms helped speed the redness fading process faster than anything else. Glycolic acid can be purchased on ebay, just make sure you know wtf you are doing or you will legit, burn yourself.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Anywhere good to read on Glycolic Acid? I've never heard anything about it.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
get a tan .. its probably hands down the easiest thing to hide them.

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
Mederma stretch mark cream seems to be working pretty well for me, just a few weeks in and I've had massive ones on my chest for years now!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am okay with a couple of them, but the one on the inside of my bicep are ridiculous with how long and many there are. I am thinking of trying the Glycolic Acid peel and maybe Retin A with it.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
I am okay with a couple of them, but the one on the inside of my bicep are ridiculous with how long and many there are. I am thinking of trying the Glycolic Acid peel and maybe Retin A with it.
Me to. Biceps are the worst

Bryancap77

Bryancap77

Awards
  • Established
Be proud. It's your fault they're there, a testament to your hard work. (Provided your not a fat*** haha) I'll put money on the fact mine are probably much much worse, and the only interest I've gotten in them are either 1. Girls think they're hot (again, testament to strength and determination) or 2. Guys are jealous as fuark I'm big enough to be hulking outta my skin. My friends say I've earned my stripes lol

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coco butter helps done.....or vitamin e lotions

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used StriVectin, coco butter, bio oil, mederma, pretty much all the over the counter stuff. My dermatologist has this amazing cream but it's like $100 a tube. Out of all those, I have to say mederma was the best, bio oil was the second, StriVectin was the third, and I don't care for the coco butter.

kkhx3

kkhx3

Awards
I had the laser on mine, very pricey and was quite painful, only had 1 session you need a lot to hide them, get used to them & be proud!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got some really big and bad stretch marks on my biceps and thighs after bulking, I've tried Hydra Oil and Cocoa Butter Lotions but nothing has worked very well. I was thinking about going to a doctor and getting prescribed Retin A, or just trying to find it somewhere online. Does anyone know anything that works?
U will never get rid of them.but they will be lighter .
I got mine strechmarks after.pushing pushups when i was 17. Used to take maaaany each week and i got them in front of my shoulders.