Getting back into the gym/Cutting and fibre advice request

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Hi all, it's been a while since I was on here, but I'll try to get straight to the point.

Currently I weigh ~200lb, but I'm between 20-25% bodyfat! My aim right now is to recomp down to ~175lb and ~32-34" waist. I've tried to lose some weight through cutting out most carbs from my diet while still getting ~2000kcal from protein and fats but I found it difficult to get enough fibre in my diet this way; as Bane would say, "it [is] extremely painful". Also, in being away from the gym for so long I'm finding that my joints, my wrists in particular, can go from being uncomfortable to so painful I can't complete the set. Cissus RX used to work quite well for my joints, but I'd be interested to hear about any other joint products that are out these days. If there are any good energy/fat loss supplements out then that would help a lot too.

Cheers,
-Z

METALMASTER

Awards
For joints I have been using triple strength joint soother from vitamin world. It has glucosamine, chondroiton, and msm in it as well as boswellia. Been taking it a little over a month and have had almost no joint discomfort. For fat burner/energy I'd look into USP Labs Oxyelite Pro. I haven't tried it myself but have been seeing good reviews on it.

METALMASTER

Awards
Almost forgot. Try some psyllium husk for fiber. It usually comes in 7g and around 10 carbs per 7g serving

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Super Cissus still works great man. I'm in the same boat and can barely get out of bed, let alone lift without it. The difference it makes with my elbows is night and day.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Joint mechanic by MST, cissus by SNS, Achilles by Anateus Labs.

Veggies at each meal?
Fibre drink like psyillium husk.

-Chris
EBF Rep
Mobile App

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
If you cut most of your carbs out of your diet, which i hope the times you are taking in carbs is for breakfast and post workout. On the meals you are not ingesting carbs have green vegetables with your healthy fat, olive oil. You should be able to get a good amount of fiber doing it this way. As for a joint supplement, like stated above cissus is still a very good product and taken with fish oil will only benefit you more.