GDA's and fat/protein

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So I know most posts and literature seem to state how GDAs/nutrient partioners seem to help with "cheat meals" and typically specify in relation to carbs.

My question is, can dosing these supplements, such as slinmax or pure NA-R-ALA/Agmatine, be effective/worthwhile in meals that may not generally be carb "heavier" than normal but present a larger than normal fat/protein intake along with carbs.

Say your average meal is about 14-20g fat, 75-85g carb, 33-40g protein (my typical meal), and you then go out and have a cheat meal and consume about 45g~ fat, 90g~ carb, and 60g~g protein. Would dosing these previously stated supps be any more effective with that presented cheat meal as opposed to teh standard meal? Carb counts are near identical but fats are nearly tripled and protein almost doubled.

Basically just trying to understand if they are effective for cheat meals that may be larger than normal calorie wise and consist mainly of additonal fats/protein. Such as a big fatty steak dinner.

Thanks!

Ray Donovan

Awards
Can't honestly answer your question about regular glucose uptake enhancers/disposal agents though I'd assume they are effective whatever type of macronutrient ratio your meal is but I'm sure it depends.

I think eating moderate-high fat and moderate-high carb in the same meal is always a lose unless you want to bulk quickly as possible or just have a comforting cheat meal. Raised insulin with a lot of fatty acids in the bloodstream is a great way to store lots of fat. I won't eat such a meal without Defuse and DCP.

You'd really love Evomuse Defuse and DCP....if they were in stock! They will be back hopefully by Thanksgiving.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
These are basically utilized for higher carb meals. The idea is that these will aid in moving the carbs through the digestion system in order to assist with breakdown for fuel. If you are eating less than 40g of carbs they will be less effective in this task.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With a cheat meal you're better off using something to try and block digestion of higher cals.

Garcinia Cambogia and Raspberry Ketones help with the absorption of fat and carbs. May give you some wicked gas and poop the next day but may help with the "blow" from increased fat and carb in take.

SNS makes both individually for inexpensive options and can customize your dose. I'd suggest 2 caps of RK-500 and 2 caps of garcinia about 30min before cheat meal.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With a cheat meal you're better off using something to try and block digestion of higher cals.

Garcinia Cambogia and Raspberry Ketones help with the absorption of fat and carbs. May give you some wicked gas and poop the next day but may help with the "blow" from increased fat and carb in take.

SNS makes both individually for inexpensive options and can customize your dose. I'd suggest 2 caps of RK-500 and 2 caps of garcinia about 30min before cheat meal.
I have also seen SNS's Garcinia Cambogia on sale a few places. Stuff is dirt cheap and is effective!

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Has raspberry ketone finally gotten a study on humans? Because I remember reading an article quite some time ago that rat genetics make it work on them but humans are different in that aspect.
IMO either won't work (at all or low bioavailability) or need massive doses.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There was metabolic powder out a long time ago

You'll see something like that out again soon

Powdered product simple effective dosing perfect for power workout and cheat days

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Great info in here. If your typical meals are already 75-80g of carbs, adding in a GDA like Slinmax at these meals would be a beneficial. Especially before your preworkout meal.

For cheat meals with higher fat, a GDA can be somewhat helpful, but not the best solution. I find that Slinmax is best used during carb meals and higher carb intake (refeeds) rather than an all out "cheat" meal. I try to be strategic with my cheat meals to keep the fat intake lower and still enjoy myself by adding in more carbs. For my cheat meals (which can sometimes end up being 120g+ of carbs) a GDA is very helpful.

I would look into garcinia and other products that are designed to help mitigate calorie absorption for these meals. A GDA will help to an extent, but there are other products that may provide more benefit.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
The trick is simple!
Just eat glucidized meals away from fat.

The higher carbohydrates concentrate them from the end of the workout on, and my fats are almost nonexistent.

Fats and carbohydrates together is not a nice pair ... fat accumulation is more inclined.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The trick is simple!
Just eat glucidized meals away from fat.

The higher carbohydrates concentrate them from the end of the workout on, and my fats are almost nonexistent.

Fats and carbohydrates together is not a nice pair ... fat accumulation is more inclined.
Completely agree

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
If you're in a deficit, ideally in-taking anywhere from 1.6 to 2.4g/kg P, 0.6g/kg F and the rest C up to your deficit kcal limit - you will have a net fat loss no matter what you eat with what (or take). Eating at TDEE should keep you normo-composition, although, depending on training age, slight muscle gain/fat loss can still occur (recomp). In a bulk (more calories than required to meet daily energy requirements) - you're storing some fat no matter what - you just cut it off later. Combined with the fact that any ingredients that work via AMPK may be the opposite of what lean'ish, insulin sensitive resistance athletes may want, I get the feeling that GDAs are way "broified" in what they actually accomplish. Are there any studies in athletes who consume the same diet, where one group taking GDAs, the other not, had less fat accumulation / more fat loss at the end?

Then there's the "I'm going on vacation and won't be training, but tearing up the buffet - what GDA should I use?" Well, once the liver and muscles are full of glycogen - you can't stuff more in there if you aren't training it out - so what does a GDA do from day 2 onward?

I don't know - too much lore (for resistance athletes) with these things IMO. But I may be wrong, hopefully there are some studies as described above, to change my mind.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great info in here. If your typical meals are already 75-80g of carbs, adding in a GDA like Slinmax at these meals would be a beneficial. Especially before your preworkout meal.

For cheat meals with higher fat, a GDA can be somewhat helpful, but not the best solution. I find that Slinmax is best used during carb meals and higher carb intake (refeeds) rather than an all out "cheat" meal. I try to be strategic with my cheat meals to keep the fat intake lower and still enjoy myself by adding in more carbs. For my cheat meals (which can sometimes end up being 120g+ of carbs) a GDA is very helpful.

I would look into garcinia and other products that are designed to help mitigate calorie absorption for these meals. A GDA will help to an extent, but there are other products that may provide more benefit.
This is why liposhield was formulated

Also to aid the effectiveness of Glycoshield

When doing combined meals it's important to remember you need certain mechanisms to mediate them

ACL
Ppary
FAS
DGAT

Just to name a few

So a full spectrum product like the combined effect of the 2 mentions and Defuse should be used for meals like that

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
diesel x Supplements 9
Supplements 24
paul56778 Supplements 15
believer Supplements 230
Supplements 23