GDA after a meal?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any benefits on taking a GDA after a meal. For example, you end up eating out for dinner and you still want to splurge. Could you come home right after the meal, take your GDA while still feeling full and still reap some benefits from it. For those of you who have been to Cincinnati, I had a salad but ate a bunch of crackers and finished a good portion of my wife’s 3 way and my son’s coney at Skyline Chili tonight :)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think optimally you would want to take them a little bit prior to the meal, but I would think it's still effective if you take shortly after the meal, maybe just a little less effective.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely take before a meal but we had been out doing Christmas stuff and I didn't think to take some Predator with me.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I personally wouldn’t bother. One meal isn’t going to destroy progress

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely take before a meal but we had been out doing Christmas stuff and I didn't think to take some Predator with me.
Need to keep some predator in a capsule pouch attached to the keys :)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly I take them after all the time and I feel like sometimes they work better taking them after believe it or not. Something about eating the meal being completely full and then throwing the pills on top they start to pulverize it.

Yesterday I had a half of an Italian sub and a pound of rice pudding. I started eating the rice pudding and didn't intend to eat the whole thing
But I did LOL I took 4 RPGs after (dmage control lol) and it just demolished what I ate.

Brutefit

Brutefit

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It doesn't matter all it matters is GDA is better consumed with food, there will not be much difference by having it prior to the meal or after the meal.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sometimes I’ll take my SNS glycophase within 15 minutes of my meal and I still feel/see the fullness effect from the carbs

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If it’s around the meal you should receive some benefit.

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
OP, placebos have the wonderful property of being able to be consumed at a any time during the day with identical results.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
I'm about to order glycophase and need some advice. I train in the morning do should I take 2 caps then consume 60 grams of superfine oats and a banana then workout 30mins later? I've heard this should be taken a few hours away from a workout because of the berberine, anyone see anything wrong with my protocol here?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm about to order glycophase and need some advice. I train in the morning do should I take 2 caps then consume 60 grams of superfine oats and a banana then workout 30mins later? I've heard this should be taken a few hours away from a workout because of the berberine, anyone see anything wrong with my protocol here?
That's a pretty big dose of food close to your workout. I would probably have my GDA with a meal right before bed. Then wake up, have my PWO then a piece of fruit 10 minutes later then workout another 20-25 minutes later. This way you'll have less food to digest before your workout and you'll be well fueled. But everyone's different. You can experiment.

I workout AM too and normally use my GDA for dinners since my wife likes to make carb heavy meals.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
I may do that because I normally workout fasted in the morning, I will use the gda for post workout meal and then main meal later in the day. Thanks bro

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Minimal point using a GDA for a post-workout meal. Insulin Sensitivity is at its peak, you would not want to use one during that time period. Use in carb heavy meals away from Post workout (pre or other meals)
I may do that because I normally workout fasted in the morning, I will use the gda for post workout meal and then main meal later in the day. Thanks bro

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Definitely don't take it post workout. You're insulin sensitivity is already really high. So your muscles should soak up anything you eat post workout. I'd use it for a meal away from your workout.