Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Precision Protein by Gaspari Nutrition
Neapolitan Ice Cream 2 lb container

I couldn’t wait to break into this container.
But first a little light reading on the ingredients and profile.

PRECISION-PROTEIN-SF.jpg

What Gaspari Nutrition has to say about their product details:

---

What Is Gaspari Nutrition Precision Protein?

Gaspari Nutrition is proud to announce a new breakthrough in whey protein performance. The revolutionary new Precision Protein utilizes a proprietary process known as Embedded Enzyme Technology (EET). This new technology functions within a phospholipid matrix that releases Leucine and other amino acids early in the muscle synthesis process. In Stage 1 of the hydrolysis, the water activity is limited so the enzyme action is suspended. When water is added to the protein, Phase 2 begins by rapidly releasing more Leucine peptides increasing the body's ability to absorb amino acids. While other methods randomly hydrolze the protein, EET is engineered to selectively release Leucine peptides producing an increase in muscle synthesis and growth.

What Makes Precision Protein Better And More Effective From Other Types of Whey?

Embedded Enzyme Technology enhances the disbursement and assimilation of Leucine transforming Precision Protein into an anabolic muscle-building powerhouse. Studies both n vivo and in vitro have shown that increasing Leucine can stimulate muscle protein synthesis, and can also inhibit protein degradation in skeletal muscle, as well as in the liver. It is concluded that the role of Leucine is to provide a signal that amino acids are available, which in combination with the signal of enegry availability from insulin, stimulates muscle protein synthesis. In other words, EET greatly enhances Precision Protein's ability to offer increased muscle growth that other types of whey can't provide.

Gaspari Precision Protein with EET is the new gold standard in Whey Protein, providing unmatched bio availability and unparalleled results. If you are looking for the purest and most effectibe muscle building whey protein, your serach is finally over.

---

It’s clear which immediately sets itself apart from most of the other proteins I have in my pantry. I love to see the contents! It’s just appealing to me.

Initial taste test was done with Whole Organic Milk (Grass fed only)
and it didn’t disappoint. Very ice creamy, and delicious flavoring. The first scoop came out with a bit more vanilla than other flavors, so of course the vanilla was the overpowering taste.

Next, I took another scoop and added some water to the mixture. This next sip was more strawberry than anything with vanilla and a hint of chocolate. I feel like I’m tastsing something Willy Wonka advised in his laboratory.

Finally, after finishing half of the mixed protein, I put some coconut water in my container to see how that would affect the flavors, and holy cow, home run! I love how the coconut water mixes in with the ice cream flavors. This is my favorite so far. I think the perfect combination would be to be in keeping with the hydro mix is to only use water mixed with coconut water and that would make it perfection for me.

Next, I may be trying my hand at cooking with this one. If I do, you can count on an update with pics to this review.

Texture: Pretty fine powder
Mixability: Easy to mix, no clumps, a tad bit of foam at first but it subsides
Flavor: Read on. It's great. :D

Thanks to Gaspari Nutrition for the opportunity to try this amazing product.

in the mail gaspari.jpg

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid review. This is definitely a protein and flavor that everyone should try

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
The flavor is spot on

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great review. I plan on picking up a tub of this for sure to try it out.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll probably pick this up next after my Select runs out to give it a try.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How come a protein powder that's "clean" and organic like this one have so much cholesterol in each scoop..?

No hate or anything like that, just wondering and if it's something that can be potential hurtful for our cholesterol levels?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How come a protein powder that's "clean" and organic like this one have so much cholesterol in each scoop..?

No hate or anything like that, just wondering and if it's something that can be potential hurtful for our cholesterol levels?
I certainly wouldn't take your concern as being a 'hater' by any means. It's a good question, so I went to my current other 4 proteins in the house. 1 is at 1mg, 1 is at 0mg, 1 is at 40mg, and the other is at 5mg. I'm not sure I want to list the proteins by name, but is 50mg a real concern? I wasn't sure until I did a little research.

Thank you for raising the question! I learned something in the process.

I was reading a few sources stating to consume no more than 300mg of cholesterol per day, so if with your other caloric intakes this causes you to be of concern, it would be best to know. I don't think I come close to 150mg per day.

If however, one has a heart condition, it is recommended to reduce cholesterol by dietary consumption to 200mg per day.

One source:
http://www.berkeleywellness.com/healthy-eating/nutrition/article/how-much-does-cholesterol-food-really-matter

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I suppose that's a good point, and I certainly wouldn't take your concern as being a 'hater' by any means. It's a good question, so I went to my current other 4 proteins in the house. 1 is at 1mg, 1 is at 0mg, 1 is at 40mg, and the other is at 5mg. I'm not sure I want to list the proteins by name, but is 50mg a real concern? I wasn't sure until I did a little research. Thank you for raising the question! I learned something in the process.

I don't think dietary cholesterol mattered much, not after reading a majority of opinions on the web.
Some protein powders have up to 70mg of cholesterol.
I heard mixed opinions and you're right 50mg is nothing to really worry about but let's say you take a double scoop 2 times a day, that's 200mg... it's a good conversation and I know a lot of us eat a lot and a lot of us probably already have high cholesterol, especially if you throw in some anabolics in the mix.

I'm not an expert on the subject so I'm waiting for somebody with more info to give their take :)

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I heard mixed opinions and you're right 50mg is nothing to really worry about but let's say you take a double scoop 2 times a day, that's 200mg... it's a good conversation and I know a lot of us eat a lot and a lot of us probably already have high cholesterol, especially if you throw in some anabolics in the mix.
Ha. Maybe so. I don't think I could do just one protein twice per day at 2 scoops. That's 50grams of protein in one sitting each, so 100grams from just the protein powder not including whole milk if you use that... OMG.

I have two other Hydrolized Proteins, and one Whey, and one Hybrid to keep it interesting and even then, I don't have much protein powder in one day. Maybe once per day, but not on non-training days. I prefer real food most of the time. It's a good rule to go by, to your point.

Thank you for bringing that up! I'm sure others may chime in with their experiences.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sounds super tasty. Have to get some of that

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Scam ?

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why do you say that?

Am I missing something here? I'm not sure where your pointing specifically.
Referring to the latest and greatest protein breakthrough (EET). Also, as djbombsquad mentioned in the thread he started, AST has a new protein called MyoGenin that's apparently a "hydrolyzed whey protein phospholipid hybrid" designed to create the bestest mTOR activation known to man! Inb4....17a-methyl-1-MPI,3b-WPC80-17b-ol

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Both are galanbias products.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ha. Maybe so. I don't think I could do just one protein twice per day at 2 scoops. That's 50grams of protein in one sitting each, so 100grams from just the protein powder not including whole milk if you use that... OMG.

I have two other Hydrolized Proteins, and one Whey, and one Hybrid to keep it interesting and even then, I don't have much protein powder in one day. Maybe once per day, but not on non-training days. I prefer real food most of the time. It's a good rule to go by, to your point.

Thank you for bringing that up! I'm sure others may chime in with their experiences.
I have 2 scoops post workout daily and another 1-2 scoops throughout the day

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Am I missing something here? I'm not sure where your pointing specifically.
Stu Phillips is one of the premier protein researchers on the planet... I think he'd find that copy interesting to read. Protein is a loss leader, if not a tiny profit margin product. The only way to make better money on it (honestly - note that Glanbia offers 34% Whey...), is to pimp some new "thing" with it and charge out the a$$ for it. All the research (that isn't funded by the company that made it) on protein, is with "plain old protein/leucine" - and guys like Norton have pretty much maxed out what protein can do - there are limits - 10g of Leucine isn't better than 5g, refractory periods etc... At $15.25/lb (bbcom price - may be cheaper elsewhere) for a WPH, how much more muscle will you have at the end of a year versus an ~$11/lb WPC and MC blend? (and you can also find Debitterized Hydrolyzed Whey 3% Hydrolysis for $12.59/lb) Then there's the "need" for WPH at all, but this was discussed in another thread, where I commented "What's even faster than WPH now? WPC an hour ago".

Glanbia wants to make money just like everyone else - so they aren't above producing products with big claims - see:

https://www.glanbianutritionals.com/what-we-do/solutions/bioactives

Hydrovon™ EET

This hydrolyzed whey protein phospholipid concentrate, with embedded enzyme technology, targets the release of leucine peptides. It’s available in RTM powder format.
and this one is funny:

Micellar Whey™

This high-quality, slow-absorption whey protein supports anabolic function. It’s available in RTM powder format.
Slow Whey, Fast Casein - Solutions looking for a problem, LOL. Show me a disinterested 3rd party RCT in RT males where the EET group built more muscle than the WPC group (and if so, how much did that extra lbm cost over WPC) and I will mea culpa all day long.

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great Review!!!

Yes I'm in absolute love with the flavoring of Precision Protein as well, glad you enjoyed it.

I always use my two scoops post workout and then another two scoops before bed in the evening. I try to limit myself to 4 scoops per day but sometimes that is hard. The digestion is very easy for me (I'm lactose intolerant) so that's what I like most. I can chug this stuff (multiple times per day) with no issues at all.

-Spaz

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid review man!!!! Love this stuff!!

JimmyNZ

Awards
Stu Phillips is one of the premier protein researchers on the planet... I think he'd find that copy interesting to read. Protein is a loss leader, if not a tiny profit margin product. The only way to make better money on it (honestly - note that Glanbia offers 34% Whey...), is to pimp some new "thing" with it and charge out the a$$ for it. All the research (that isn't funded by the company that made it) on protein, is with "plain old protein/leucine" - and guys like Norton have pretty much maxed out what protein can do - there are limits - 10g of Leucine isn't better than 5g, refractory periods etc... At $15.25/lb (bbcom price - may be cheaper elsewhere) for a WPH, how much more muscle will you have at the end of a year versus an ~$11/lb WPC and MC blend? (and you can also find Debitterized Hydrolyzed Whey 3% Hydrolysis for $12.59/lb) Then there's the "need" for WPH at all, but this was discussed in another thread, where I commented "What's even faster than WPH now? WPC an hour ago".

Glanbia wants to make money just like everyone else - so they aren't above producing products with big claims - see:

and this one is funny:

Slow Whey, Fast Casein - Solutions looking for a problem, LOL. Show me a disinterested 3rd party RCT in RT males where the EET group built more muscle than the WPC group (and if so, how much did that extra lbm cost over WPC) and I will mea culpa all day long.
Well Said :)

Moore78

Awards
Precision Protein by Gaspari Nutrition
Neapolitan Ice Cream 2 lb container

I couldn’t wait to break into this container.
But first a little light reading on the ingredients and profile.

What Gaspari Nutrition has to say about their product details:

---

What Is Gaspari Nutrition Precision Protein?

Gaspari Nutrition is proud to announce a new breakthrough in whey protein performance. The revolutionary new Precision Protein utilizes a proprietary process known as Embedded Enzyme Technology (EET). This new technology functions within a phospholipid matrix that releases Leucine and other amino acids early in the muscle synthesis process. In Stage 1 of the hydrolysis, the water activity is limited so the enzyme action is suspended. When water is added to the protein, Phase 2 begins by rapidly releasing more Leucine peptides increasing the body's ability to absorb amino acids. While other methods randomly hydrolze the protein, EET is engineered to selectively release Leucine peptides producing an increase in muscle synthesis and growth.

What Makes Precision Protein Better And More Effective From Other Types of Whey?

Embedded Enzyme Technology enhances the disbursement and assimilation of Leucine transforming Precision Protein into an anabolic muscle-building powerhouse. Studies both n vivo and in vitro have shown that increasing Leucine can stimulate muscle protein synthesis, and can also inhibit protein degradation in skeletal muscle, as well as in the liver. It is concluded that the role of Leucine is to provide a signal that amino acids are available, which in combination with the signal of enegry availability from insulin, stimulates muscle protein synthesis. In other words, EET greatly enhances Precision Protein's ability to offer increased muscle growth that other types of whey can't provide.

Gaspari Precision Protein with EET is the new gold standard in Whey Protein, providing unmatched bio availability and unparalleled results. If you are looking for the purest and most effectibe muscle building whey protein, your serach is finally over.

---

It’s clear which immediately sets itself apart from most of the other proteins I have in my pantry. I love to see the contents! It’s just appealing to me.

Initial taste test was done with Whole Organic Milk (Grass fed only)
and it didn’t disappoint. Very ice creamy, and delicious flavoring. The first scoop came out with a bit more vanilla than other flavors, so of course the vanilla was the overpowering taste.

Next, I took another scoop and added some water to the mixture. This next sip was more strawberry than anything with vanilla and a hint of chocolate. I feel like I’m tastsing something Willy Wonka advised in his laboratory.

Finally, after finishing half of the mixed protein, I put some coconut water in my container to see how that would affect the flavors, and holy cow, home run! I love how the coconut water mixes in with the ice cream flavors. This is my favorite so far. I think the perfect combination would be to be in keeping with the hydro mix is to only use water mixed with coconut water and that would make it perfection for me.

Next, I may be trying my hand at cooking with this one. If I do, you can count on an update with pics to this review.

Texture: Pretty fine powder
Mixability: Easy to mix, no clumps, a tad bit of foam at first but it subsides
Flavor: Read on. It's great. :D

Thanks to Gaspari Nutrition for the opportunity to try this amazing product.

Good Morning, i live in Italy, i just buy Precision protein. In another protein (miofuosion advanced protein) there are a "Typical amino acid per serving" with leucine isoleucine methionine Lysine....etc
Why this information in no available for the new precision protein?
Is possible Know Typical amino acid per serving?
thank you Riccardo