Funny weight loss side effect

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So right now as of today i'm at about 197 down maybe 48 pounds from peak, probably close to the least i've weighed in 10-15 years. I'm also even at a lower BF % than when I last weighed this much, as i'm working out pretty seriously and believe i've put on some muscle. I'm not buff yet, but I think i'm hitting around 18% bf now (still on the downward path)

Anyhow, last nite I had to take off my wedding ring, as it has gotten so loose that its about to fall off itself. Nothing harder than explaining to your wife that now that you are skinny and starting to pack some muscle on that "I can't wear my wedding ring anymore" :) Even funnier, its not a resizable ring, its a hand woven one basically like this but all white gold, and the woven part in the center is more flat folds

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Talk to a jewler. Perhaps he can build up the inner wall and fit it to your finger.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you'll get lucky and just get fat again...problem solved!

**I was just joking.

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had the same issue with my wedding ring, I stopped wearing it altogether now except for special occasions when I know it won't fly off. Still, I'm sure I'll lose it.

The other thing I noticed I thought was funny about losing weight was a drop in shoe size. I had been a 13 forever, now I take an 11 or 11.5. I had no idea my feet were that fat!

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
"uh, hey babe, i uh, cant wear my wedding ring anymore, im too skinny"

haha, be sure to post pictures of your black eye when you tell her that, lol.

the first places i started noticing weight loss were my fingers and my feet, my feet are all veiny now, i never really wore rings so that wasnt really an issue, but i can see my knuckles better now, lol.

thats a nice ring though, kinda celtic looking because of the woven parts.

i know if i told my girlfriend i couldnt wear my wedding ring because it was too big shed probably want to cut it and weld it together herself, lol.

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
"uh, hey babe, i uh, cant wear my wedding ring anymore, im too skinny"

haha, be sure to post pictures of your black eye when you tell her that, lol.

the first places i started noticing weight loss were my fingers and my feet, my feet are all veiny now, i never really wore rings so that wasnt really an issue, but i can see my knuckles better now, lol.

thats a nice ring though, kinda celtic looking because of the woven parts.

i know if i told my girlfriend i couldnt wear my wedding ring because it was too big shed probably want to cut it and weld it together herself, lol.
My wife doesn't have an issue with it, I guess after being together so long you realize that the ring doesn't really mean much compared to the respect between the couple that the ring is supposed to symbolize.