Full length movie "Zeitgeist", Are you being controlled?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
For anyone who hasn't seen this movie, well...here it is. I would like to here people's opinion of this. I also have another film that one of my friends showed me, but I'll post that in a different thread.

Let's hear what you think...

Zeitgeist - The Movie

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
now go read the book debunking every argument this video makes

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Which book? I'm 35 minutes in and this is amazing.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
just as soon as Psychic Psquirrel pops up w/ the name o' that book, I'll go have a look - I'd actually love to see something that COULD debunk it to any degree.

NB - only seen part so far, and the parts I've seen were from an earlier 'cut', so will make time to watch the whole thing & then comment further.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Good link Jayhawkk. I like the comments under it.

I posted this video to get several different opinions of it. I don't think you guys are going to let me down the way it's going.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Raises a lot of questions.

Reminds me of my Palestinian film studies course. There is so much going on that we don't even know about or that we are grossly misinformed about.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I've seen this before. If anything, even if you don't believe it, it does cause you to think outside of the box about things, unless you're a true believer.

Unfortunately it divides people into two crowds:

Either you give it thought

or

You dismiss it without watching it because it doesn't agree with your beliefs.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I was told by a friend, that if I liked Zeitgeist, I had to Google "Gog Magog". It comes from Ezekiel 38-39 in the bible, I believe. It talks about a war with Isreal, Iran,Russia and some other countries. I found a video about it when I Googled, but I have only watched a little bit of it. Maybe someone here has seen it.

Edit: Found something on it.

Gog, Magog, Israel and Russia

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
You dismiss it without watching it because it doesn't agree with your beliefs.

The main problem i see with this movie is the facts in it are obscured by the blatant lies.

It kind of like a Michael Moore film, they're very well done, but by slanting everything towards your agenda you lose the broader audience.

From what research i have done it seems true that the jesus myth is just a copy of the egyptian god Horus, which predates jesus by at least 1,000 years.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
The main problem i see with this movie is the facts in it are obscured by the blatant lies.

It kind of like a Michael Moore film, they're very well done, but by slanting everything towards your agenda you lose the broader audience.

Lies and Bias/Agenda are in two different catagories.

You can be objective without lying.

Name a person who dosen't have a bias or agenda.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Lies and Bias/Agenda are in two different catagories.

Name a person who dosen't have a bias or agenda.
If you bend the truth so that facts work with your agenda, they become one.

Depends what you mean by bias and agenda, Martin Luther King had an agenda. So do we, as a nation, in the middle east, and around the world.

So it depends, to me, what you mean by bias and agenda. If you mean: name a person who lacks goals, then I know some of those kinds of people. If you mean: name a person that is completely selfless? Well, they dont exist, if humans didnt think about #1 all the time ,we would have never evolved, or been "intelligently designed" however you swing.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established

From what research i have done it seems true that the jesus myth is just a copy of the egyptian god Horus, which predates jesus by at least 1,000 years.
what are some of those blatant lies?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You've raised a good question. I was trying to get to the bottom of that myself upon reading several negative reviews after watching it.

The only 'lies' that anyone was able to bring to the table were all regarding Part I. (It should also be noted that the producers of the film answer those questions themselves in the Q&A section of the site)

And because of Part I, may people seem to discount the entire film. Oddly enough though, on one Christian website they tear up part 1 from their theological standpoint (not a historical standpoint) and even so, they actually recommended the viewing of parts 2 and 3. I did not see that coming.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive been meaning to watch this. I cant check the link right now but i hope it works. I looked for this DVD but havent been able to find it anywhere.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
ive been meaning to watch this. I cant check the link right now but i hope it works. I looked for this DVD but havent been able to find it anywhere.
It's a free movie.
It's available for purchase from the website for 5 dollars.
There's also a torrent available on the site as well.

TERMS: THIS MOVIE IS 'COPYRIGHT- GMP LLC 2008'
HOWEVER, WE ALLOW AND ENCOURAGE IT TO BE DUPLICATED AND GIVEN AWAY FREE.
IT IS NOT FOR RESALE WITHOUT APPROVAL FROM THE CREATOR.
THERE ARE MANY OUT THERE ABUSING THE ALTRUISTIC NATURE OF THIS WORK.
PROFITING FROM THE RESALE OF "ZEITGEIST THE MOVIE" WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
That's why you can't find it anywhere :)

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I just started watching the movie, and can't comment on the whole thing just yet. However, the beginning of the movie contains no new arguments or cases that haven't been well disputed already.

As a Christian layman I can easily debunk one of the most oft repeated "facts" that I have seen thus far. Nowhere in the Bible does it declare that Jesus was born on Dec. 25th, if you find it I will give you every dollar that I have. The fact is that once the Church was established as the official religion of Rome, the church leaders decided to celebrate the birth of Christ on the previous date of the pagan celebration of the winter solstice.

Anyone interested in getting the other half of the story can check out this link

http://www.thedevineevidence.com/pagan_copycat.html

or this one

http://www.tektonics.org/jesusexist/jesusexisthub.html

So in the spirit of challenging your strongly held beliefs I also encourage anyone interested to visit one or both of these links, as I will continue to view the Zeitgeist movie and challenge mine.

So far though I am enjoying the production values of the movie quite a lot.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established

Maybe blatant is the wrong adjective, more like incredulous claims.

Like how they somehow know when and where the Pakistani secret service is tranfering money, and to whom.

They also claim that the hijackers were government trained agents? And they claim that Bin Ladens family was meeting with bush. But they say right before that, the hijackers had no connection with Bin Laden, so who cares if bush met with Bin Laden, if the hijackers arent connected with Bin Laden.

A lot of the things in this movie are true, but they have enough missing, or biased pieces, that the good stuff could be ignored by the average viewer.

With the knowledge i have of flight i know that a 737 did not crash into the pentagon.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I think it was about a year ago that I saw Zeitgeist, I couldn't sit through the whole of part 1 honestly, because it was basically telling me a lot of things that I learned or realized well over 10 years ago when I was finding my own way as a teenager, so it just didn't carry the 'omg' factor it seemed to be trying so hard for.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Still watching, but again, as a Christian layman I am seeing some very blatant (as in they definately know that they are being deceitful) misinformation presented here as fact.

For instance they are quick to say that Jesus did not exist, but they completely ignore centuries worth of the works of early Church Fathers, and imply that Christianity was essentially inventied at the Council of Nicea. Anyone here can go and read the works of the early Church Fathers, men who lived and died long before the Council of Nicea met.

They outright lied about Josephus, as there are two quotes about Christ associated with Josephus. One of them is most likely a Christian forgery, but the other is quite derogatory and would be much more likely written by Josephus (a Jewish man) and not by Christians. Yet they make no mention of this.

I am still going to watch the video, but the information presented here is not just biased, it is knowingly false.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I am still watching the video, I am on part 2 right now.

I have many questions about 911, and I don't completely buy into the official story of events. However, I have a problem at this point. I cannot take the info that this movie presents as fact when dealing with 911.

When it comes to part 1 of the video, they are dealing with subjects that I am intimately familiar with. I have spent several years of my life studying Christian theology, apologetics, and even the works of atheist authors such as Dawkins and Harris.

However in part 2 of the video, it appears to me as though they are making one hell of a case against the official story. Of course this would also be the case in part 1 if one was not very well versed in Christian theology. So much like the guy who knows little about comparative religions, Christian apologetics and so forth, I have very little 911 knowledge to draw from during part 2.

So even though I would probably be considered a "conspiracy theorist" based on many of my views, this movie still has a credibility problem based on the falsehoods presented in part 1.

That being said, I still think the movie was well made, and I will finish watching the rest shortly.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established

Like how they somehow know when and where the Pakistani secret service is tranfering money, and to whom.

They also claim that the hijackers were government trained agents? And they claim that Bin Ladens family was meeting with bush. But they say right before that, the hijackers had no connection with Bin Laden, so who cares if bush met with Bin Laden, if the hijackers arent connected with Bin Laden.

A lot of the things in this movie are true, but they have enough missing, or biased pieces, that the good stuff could be ignored by the average viewer.

With the knowledge i have of flight i know that a 737 did not crash into the pentagon.
yeah, i think some of those things are speculation at best. As for the money transfers, there is a paper trail for those types of things and I have seen that mentioned in other places. I kinda took the whole bin laden connection as more pointing out that the finger was pointed at him after the attacks by the government yet the bush family has a strange connection with his family. In the context they use it, it is pretty confusing to figure exactly what they're getting at.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I just started watching the movie, and can't comment on the whole thing just yet. However, the beginning of the movie contains no new arguments or cases that haven't been well disputed already.

As a Christian layman I can easily debunk one of the most oft repeated "facts" that I have seen thus far. Nowhere in the Bible does it declare that Jesus was born on Dec. 25th, if you find it I will give you every dollar that I have. The fact is that once the Church was established as the official religion of Rome, the church leaders decided to celebrate the birth of Christ on the previous date of the pagan celebration of the winter solstice.

Anyone interested in getting the other half of the story can check out this link

Investigating the Similarities between Jesus and Pagan Figures

or this one

Christ Myth Refuted. Did Jesus Exist? A Christian Response

So in the spirit of challenging your strongly held beliefs I also encourage anyone interested to visit one or both of these links, as I will continue to view the Zeitgeist movie and challenge mine.

So far though I am enjoying the production values of the movie quite a lot.
If you can debunk anything from this movie, you stand to make some money. Another post that shows up when you search "Zeitgeist" has a website asking for people to come out with their findings.

Please share:)

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
If you can debunk anything from this movie, you stand to make some money. Another post that shows up when you search "Zeitgeist" has a website asking for people to come out with their findings.

Its been debunked from several sources. Just do a search and you can find the proof. I won't try and argue with you, since you seem to really want to believe this nonsense as fact. I don't think there is any money to be made by debunking the movie or else there would be several people who would have already been paid.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Its been debunked from several sources. Just do a search and you can find the proof. I won't try and argue with you, since you seem to really want to believe this nonsense as fact. I don't think there is any money to be made by debunking the movie or else there would be several people who would have already been paid.

Whether it's true or not, telling someone to search for the truth and calling it nonsense is about the least convincing and worst arguement I've heard...

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established

i would like to hear what you have to say about the 737. I have a bachelors degree in aviation technology like to see what you think. I havent watched this video yet though.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
I need a film with both sides...side by side...I hate going one direction or the other completely

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Oh don't try. I'm not asking for arguements. I'm just asking for opinions. Who said I wanted to believe anything? You don't think there is any money to be made, but these people do.

Take the Zeitgeist Challenge - Home

Like I said, offer them proof.

Oh, and thanks Emo.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
i would like to hear what you have to say about the 737. I have a bachelors degree in aviation technology like to see what you think. I havent watched this video yet though.
Well i have a masters degree in common sense.
Plus that portion of the building was one of the only parts of the pentagon that hadnt gone through remodeling and re enforcement against attacks.

Attachments

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
i have seen a special on that before. if remember correctly there was no evidence of aircraft wreckage after it hit

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established

My step brother has a bachelor's degree in exersize science / nutrition.

I do not.

Guess who knows more?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
i have seen a special on that before. if remember correctly there was no evidence of aircraft wreckage after it hit

The official story is that it was disinegrated on impact.

At what temperature does steel and titanium become vaporized?

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
to me thats really hard to believe. there should be atleast some evidence from atleast the powerplants. Aircraft also contain tungstan which i believe has a higher melting point than both steel and titanium

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Oh don't try. I'm not asking for arguements. I'm just asking for opinions. Who said I wanted to believe anything? You don't think there is any money to be made, but these people do.

Take the Zeitgeist Challenge - Home

Like I said, offer them proof.

Oh, and thanks Emo.
The link to the Zeitgeist challenge is a challenge to people who believe part 1 of the movie to back up the claims of part 1 of the movie.

For instance if Zeitgeist claimed that the Egyptian book of the dead says x, which is a similarity to the Biblical Christ, then prove it.

The problem is that Zeitgeist used the "works" of a few very biased contemporary authors, and actually has not checked any of the claims of the movie with the original text that are cited as proof of their claims.

In essence the producers of Zeitgeist had a predetermined "truth" in their minds, and set out to find people who could corroborate this "truth", and used them as sources. As opposed to actually being objective and checking the claims made.

So this website is a challenge to anyone who believes the claims made in Zeitgeist to prove them.

Like I said, I picked up on many problems in part 1 almost immediately, and apparantly much more learned folks than myself have as well, and they are rightfully challenging these claims.

They shouldn't have included part 1, as it makes part 2 and 3 much harder to accept as truth. Personally I believe that the government has used 911 to its advantage to pass laws that never would have been passed otherwise (I am on the fence concerning who is to blame for 911). I am also quite with the producers of Zeitgeist when it comes to the Federal Reserve and where we are headed in general. But seeing their obvious bias, and tendancy to lie in part 1, it really ruined the rest of the movie for me.

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
My step brother has a bachelor's degree in exersize science / nutrition.

I do not.

Guess who knows more?

i wasnt putting him down or saying he doesnt know what he is talking about. i was stating that that i have a background in aviation and been around many aircraft.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i wasnt putting him down or saying he doesnt know what he is talking about. i was stating that that i have a background in aviation and been around many aircraft.
That's not what he meant, he meant that sometimes if we're debating subject X and person A has a degree in subject X, person B doesn't, person B can know more about subject X even though he doesn't have a degree in it.

ie: Crying Emo has more knowledge about nutrition even though his brother has a degree in it and crying emo doesn't.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Part III of Zeitgeist is covering very important issues, and should be recommended viewing for anyone. Hell, Ron Paul was talking about these very issues during his campaign, and to no one's surprise he was painted as a madman by the media.

"America from Freedom to Fascism" is a movie made by the late Aaron Russo that deals exclusively with this. In fact some of the footage from Part III of Zeitgeist is from Mr. Russo's movie.

Here is a link to it:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173

This is the movie that opened my eyes, and it is definately worth watching.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The only few things that don't make sense to me is:

-One of the planners of WTC said it was designed to withstand a plane hit.

-No building in recorded history has collapsed because of fire, so they say.

-If the WTC did infact collapse from a plane hit, how come the pentagon sustained so little damage?

-Wasn't the US conducting "Agency planned exercise on Sept. 11 built around a plane crashing into a building" ? concidence? Ok.....

To me, 9/11 is like God, I don't know if god exists or doesn't exist, either way it doesn't matter to me, 9/11, I don't know if the government is telling the truth or not, but either way it DOES MATTER TO ME.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Whether it's true or not, telling someone to search for the truth and calling it nonsense is about the least convincing and worst arguement I've heard...
There are as many sites devoted to debunking this film as there are supporting it. This is a fact. You read into my post a little too much. Like I said, I am not trying to argue.

Last edited:
Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
-One of the planners of WTC said it was designed to withstand a plane hit.
I believe they designed it to withstand the impact of a 707. I'm pretty positive 707s didn't carry as much fuel back then. I could be wrong. I too have been around and flown many aircraft, and I'm still an idiot. Just kidding, the idiot part, not the aircraft part.:cool:

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
The end of Zeitgeist made me scratch my head.

In the first third of the movie we hear that this Jesus stuff is hocus pocus nonsense, and is based on nothing but myth.

Yet in the final minutes of the movie the producers describe a future scenario that literally mirrors the scenario set forth in the Bible for the end times.

The Bible talks of a time where there will be a one world government governed by one man who will control every aspect of your life via a mark "the mark of the beast". Without this mark you will not be able to buy or sell anything.

Zeitgeist mentions a scenario where no one will be able to participate in the world economy if they are not chipped with RFID, and in good standing with "the man".

The Bible talks of a time where the whole world will be subject to one religion. Zeitgeist makes the same claim.

I think this is just a little funny.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
The official story is that it was disinegrated on impact.

At what temperature does steel and titanium become vaporized?
Exactly. This is one of many points that "debunkers" ignore. Along with the simple fact that jet fuel only burns so hot, similar in temp to kerosene. Why then does my grill not melt or bend every time I cook up a steak? It's exposed to far longer and higher constant temps than the steel in the buildings. Most "debunking" sites usually base all there arguments on rolling their eyes at anyone who would dare question the official story.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. This is one of many points that "debunkers" ignore. Along with the simple fact that jet fuel only burns so hot, similar in temp to kerosene. Why then does my grill not melt or bend every time I cook up a steak? It's exposed to far longer and higher constant temps than the steel in the buildings. Most "debunking" sites usually base all there arguments on rolling their eyes at anyone who would dare question the official story.

Neither side can convince me 100%. But it's the people who are so against it, that can't watch it or provide any evidence that make me thing something is up....

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
and who is ready to not file for federal income tax? I thought that was real interesting.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
For anyone who hasn't seen this movie, well...here it is. I would like to here people's opinion of this. I also have another film that one of my friends showed me, but I'll post that in a different thread.

Let's hear what you think...

Zeitgeist - The Movie
Keeps locking up my computer, anyplace to download it first then watch it, Im interested in seeing what its all about from the first minute I was able to get.

kdent7

Awards
If there's anything to be taken from the move its to think critically and not blindly accept "status quo". Facts can be taken out of context and theories can be refuted but a style of thinking and healthy skepticism is generally beneficial.

Take everything with a generous portion of doubt and do your own research to further your own information base in order to make an informed decision and form a holistic opinion.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Nearly anything, and nearly everything can be twisted and made to mean one thing or the other. Or should I say nearly every story that is told can be tweaked to mean one thing or the other....

This movie is nothing more than that to me.

I remember when all of these sites started popping up a few years back, and I was into all of this conspiracy theory, sideways, over the top, bunk, but now I am in the mindset of why would I really give a damn?

I was only interested because it was unique content, nothing i'd seen before, but now it's just like nothing to me. As far as 9/11 goes, whether it was a conspiracy or the story is as told, doesn't matter to me, lots of people died and that's what really matters ... Whether it was conspiracy or not will not bring anybody back ...