From Mountainman to EPICman (Sponsered)

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good Morning AM! AM's kind hearted soul love2liftkat took it upon herself to throw me a bone and let me try LG Science's EPIC PWO. I'm pretty excited to start this given the great reviews of the liquid version.

Serving Size: 2scoops (To the fill line) – 8g
Servings Per Container : 40
Active% DV : 13500mg%
Propriety Blend
Creatine Monohydrate
Glycine
Taurine
BCAA 2:1:1
L-Alanine
Beta Alanine
D-Aspartic Acid
Caffine
Bitter Orange
Hordinine
Corynanthidine

I've changed up my split a bit, getting back to a true antagonistic muscle group workout. It's what I used in college to add most of my size, but going to tweak it a little to make it more of a cutting style workout. I'll need maximum intensity though because I'm now getting ready for bathing suit weather. Hard to imagine now, I know, given we're still waking up to negative temps here in VT these days. Thank you for following along, any input, comments, jokes, insults, whatever, are always welcome as usual.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't taken any PWOs in almost a month, and after my first dose of EPIC this morning I was FLYING!

Kat sent me Blue Raspberry and it's tastes awesome. Not too sweet, and no bitterness that you get sometimes from raspberry flavored products. Mixing was pretty complete. Even with mono there were very few undissolved particles. No floaties either.

It Delts and Lats today, and I was buzzing through my sets and reps. The girl at the from desk asked me if I was high on meth. This is going to be a fun ride. :laugh2:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol Flying is good :) .... and fun :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Whoop whoop! In for the ride!! That's hilarious that she thought you were high! Haha

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whoop whoop! In for the ride!! That's hilarious that she thought you were high! Haha
I think I was shaking and pacing like a crack addict. :439:

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today woke up late after a late night with 2 sick kids, but managed to get them off to their mother's well enough. Being so tired I had NOOOO motivation, until I remembered I needed my six pack to be showing by June.

The first dose of EPIC I took 2 scoops, and was on top of the world, so I saw no reason to step it up. Once again, nice warm up to the full energy. Some PWOs just shoot me right to the top, which isn't bad, but those PWOs usually come with a crash. I didn't have a crash on Friday, and no crash today either. It was supposed to be Hams and Calves today, but my legs were still beat form sledding yesterday, dragging my kids back up the hill after they slid down was a great workout, but man, it's sure different than doing squats, that's for sure. I hammered out some light chest and delt work, since I'm going thrash them good on Wed., and worked Burpees in for HIIT, but my intensity never wavered.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find most modern pre-workout products you don't have to increase beyond a reasonable point of use. 2 scoops of EPIC have always been good for me or I would probably start losing focus and who wants that :)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not crashing is one of my favorite things about Epic! It just seems to give me a good drive and clean energy!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had my kids this weekend so I missed updating my log. Time to play some catch up.

Wed. I beat the crap out of my quads. No volleyball Thursday so I went for the gusto. I did a pseudo GVT session on squats with 225, but did 8 sets for 8 reps. Normally having done that in the past it's been a mental breaker for me. I get to sets 7 and 8 and wuss out at 6 or 7 reps. My head was all business though and went 8 for 8. I had focus and mental toughness throughout my entire workout. I moved onto to super sets of leg etxs. and donkey machine calf raises with no rest. Even though I was breathing like a fat kid walking upstairs my stayed in it and had no inclinations of quitting.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Friday morning was a great chest and trap day. Going back to a true push/pull system feels so good. I didn't realize how much I missed it. It also hadn't occurred to me how much more effective my chest work was when I wasn't wearing out my delts on the same day. I should have gone back to this sooner. Another day of great aggression, and absolutely no loss of focus. I powered through the workout, didn't skip a beat on sets, reps, and exercise selection. i was even very focused at work as well. Not a bad residual effect to have.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Used some free time with my kids to get some of my home gym equipment into my basement. Oh man it felt good to not have to go to PF this am. BB OHP and BB rows haven't felt so in so long. Tuckered me out, using more muscles than usual, but God what a feeling it was. As usual, focus was intense. I was on my rest periods like a soldier, and fought hard for every rep. Even cheated a little on reps just because it had been so long since I had done barbell work.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you regular GVT or advanced. I am going to start advanced soon. More geared towards bodybuilder.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you regular GVT or advanced. I am going to start advanced soon. More geared towards bodybuilder.
Well, kind of regular. I've never actually done a true 10 x 10.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome work man!! Keep killin it!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, kind of regular. I've never actually done a true 10 x 10.
Advanced it BPak's version I believe. Lower reps and only some of the sets are 10.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Where'd you go man?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That ended all of a sudden yah where you at :)