Forskolin - yay or nay?

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried it about over a decade ago, I remember it was pretty popular back then for body composition and testosterone.
My knowledge about training and dieting was subpar when I used it so my assessment on its effectiveness wouldn't be reliable.
Does anyone still use it? Is it effective in retaining lean body mass during a cut? What dosage do you guys use it at? Is there a difference between the different extract %?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I tried it about over a decade ago, I remember it was pretty popular back then for body composition and testosterone.
My knowledge about training and dieting was subpar when I used it so my assessment on its effectiveness wouldn't be reliable.
Does anyone still use it? Is it effective in retaining lean body mass during a cut? What dosage do you guys use it at? Is there a difference between the different extract %?
I think that a good quality Forskolin product that uses Sabinsa's Forslean is a great product to use while cutting to help lose fat and also to help retain lean muscle.

I am personally using 75 mg. per day of Forskolin XT (95% Forslean extract) right now - 1 capsule (25 mg.) 3x per day

And yes, there is a very big difference between the extract percentages and also between the branded form of Sabinsa's Forslean and non-branded generic extracts.

A lot of people don't realize that Sabinsa's patents on Forslean include a specialized process as to how their ingredient is extracted and made. When it first came out, it was available in 10%, 20%, and then 95% extracts. I don't recall ever hearing a single complaint about stomach upset until the knock offs and generics came out.

I would never use anything other than Sabinsa's Forslean 95% and would never include any other type than that in any of our products.

Check out the Forskolin XT write up - in there, I address a lot of the things you're asking about:

I know @sns8778 dropped a Forskolin produkt last year, i dug up the thread for it. Lots of good info there

SNS Forskolin XT - ForsLean 95% - Intro Thread - AnabolicMinds.com
Thank you for tagging me so I would see this thread. And thank you also for posting the link - I think the write up covers a lot of info relating to the ingredient, percentages, and types.

The evidence seems promising and I've used it before, but not in a controlled enough way to tell what difference it made. I'd grab yourself a bottle of SNS Forskolin XT and run your own experiment
Thanks. I'm using 3 caps per day of Forskolin XT right now myself along with Lean Edge, TTA-500, and a few others.

it is worth it in my opinion, but can cause GI issues for some
Most of the stomach and GI issues are with the generic extracts &/or lower percentage extracts.

I remember when Sabinsa's Forslean first came out, you literally never heard of any stomach issues; those reports didn't seem to come along until companies started using generic extracts trying to cut corners and save money.

A problem to this day is that there are some companies that claim to use Forslean that really aren't.

When it first came out years ago, I could use it no problem. Then I tried generics along the way and it wrecked my stomach. Now, I've been using 75 mg. per day of Forskolin XT and I can even take it on an empty stomach with zero issues.

Which is why I think this is something that could possibly be more effective as a transdermal.
As long as one uses Forslean 95%, there are rarely, if ever, stomach issues with it.

I looked into it as a td several times and I don't think its needed as a td and also don't think its a great candidate for a td imo.

I know for me; ForsLean never gave my any GI problems, but lower standardized extracts did.
Absolutely agreed. For me, its Forslean 95% or nothing.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm not posting this as a sales thing, I'm just copying and pasting this info from the Forskolin XT thread because it covers a lot of useful information about the discussion here:

ForsLean® is an award winning clinically researched licensed branded ingredient that has been shown to increase cAMP levels and support cardiovascular health, healthy circulation, cellular energy, fat metabolism, lean muscle, & more.

Forskolin XT Highlights/Supports:
  • Fat Burning & Weight Loss
  • Healthy Metabolism
  • Cardiovascular Health
  • Ultra-Potent cAMP Activator
  • Healthy Weight Management
  • High-End Premium Forskolin Extract
  • Clinically Researched ForsLean® 95% Extract
Forslean®- Award Winning Clinically Researched Forskolin Extract
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

What is Coleus forskohlii?

Coleus forskohlii is a small perennial that is native to various tropical regions in the world, including South American, sub-Saharan Africa, and India. This herb has a history of use in South American and African traditional folk medicine systems as well as an extensive use in Ayurveda.

Coleus forskohlii and its extracted constituents have been the subject of numerous animal and human clinical trials. These trials have demonstrated various positive effects including acting as a lipolytic (breaking down fat), aiding in fat loss, acting as a powerful antioxidant, and more.

In one double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled human clinical trial featuring obese men, it was found that daily supplementation with Coleus forskohlii for twelve weeks led to significantly better weight loss outcomes as compared to controls. Not only did the overweight men in the control group experience improved body composition (as measured by both body fat percentage and total fat mass), but also statistically significant increases in lean body mass (muscle).

What is Forskolin?
Forskolin is the primary bioactive constituent in Coleus forskohlii.

Forskolin rapidly, potently, and dose-dependently increases an important metabolic enzyme called adenylate cyclase. This enzyme is responsible for catalyzing the formation of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) from adenosine triphosphate (ATP). This increase in cAMP formation leads to the activation of an enzyme, protein kinase A, which in turn will phosphorylate and activate the enzyme, Hormone Sensitive Lipase (HSL) – the rate-limiting enzyme necessary for stored triglycerides within adipocytes to be released as free fatty acids and utilized for energy.

In laymen’s terms, this means that Forskolin literally frees up more fatty acids to be used as fuel for exercise.

What is ForsLean®?
ForsLean® is an award winning clinically researched form of Forskolin that has been extensively studied and shown to increase cAMP levels and support cardiovascular health, healthy circulation, cellular energy, fat metabolism, lean muscle, & more.

The Forskolin XT Difference:
Many generic Coleus forskohlii products use generic raw materials that offer inconsistent percentages of and/or little to no active Forskolin while some others offer 10% or 20% extractions. You may hear some feedback from people saying that some extracts, especially generics, may cause stomach upset and GI disturbances and this is not necessarily related to the Forskolin itself but to other constituents &/or impurities in the plant material.

Forskolin XT exclusively uses licensed, branded ForsLean® so that you know you are getting the absolute best raw material quality and consistency in every dose.

Forskolin XT also takes this a step further and only uses the specialized ForsLean® 95% extract.

^^^^ I hope that helps answer some of the questions.