For all you guys with low(ish) bodyfat and clean diet

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What's your typical meals look like? Specifically, what are your main carbohydrate sources, and which ones do you stay away from other than the obvious ones (sodas, chips, donuts, candy etc.)

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
What's your typical meals look like? Specifically, what are your main carbohydrate sources, and which ones do you stay away from other than the obvious ones (sodas, chips, donuts, candy etc.)
Morning I drink a cup of coffee drink 4-5 eggs, and a shake. Usually 30-40gs of protein. 2-3 hours later 2 cups of white Jasmine rice and 8oz of mackerel. 2-3 hours later egg drop soup without the broth which is made of several eggs tomato and green onion and salt, a cup or so of rice and a banana or apple. Go to the gym for 2 or so hours lift super heavy low reps lots of sets usually till I'm shaking or get sick, right after the gym when I get into my car I eat more rice with some chicken. then when I get home I like to eat lightly fried rice I use seasamie seed oil and an 8oz steak. That's what I do I have always maintained a low body fat my whole lifethough... And I do construction and am always moving and burning allot of calories everyday. The only time I sit down is usually on breaks when I drive eat and about thirty minutes before I go to bed. If your trying to gain muscle an loose fat just make sure your burning a hundred or so more calories then you consume an make sure you have a lot of good quality protien chicken fish beef pork nothing fast food or from mc Donald's or resteraunt chains alike. And let yourself go a little hungry don't starve but allow your stomach to gemble a little an always do a lot of abbs to Target weight around the waste. I hope this helps you out bro!

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Morning I drink a cup of coffee drink 4-5 eggs, and a shake. Usually 30-40gs of protein. 2-3 hours later 2 cups of white Jasmine rice and 8oz of mackerel. 2-3 hours later egg drop soup without the broth which is made of several eggs tomato and green onion and salt, a cup or so of rice and a banana or apple. Go to the gym for 2 or so hours lift super heavy low reps lots of sets usually till I'm shaking or get sick, right after the gym when I get into my car I eat more rice with some chicken. then when I get home I like to eat lightly fried rice I use seasamie seed oil and an 8oz steak. That's what I do I have always maintained a low body fat my whole lifethough... And I do construction and am always moving and burning allot of calories everyday. The only time I sit down is usually on breaks when I drive eat and about thirty minutes before I go to bed. If your trying to gain muscle an loose fat just make sure your burning a hundred or so more calories then you consume an make sure you have a lot of good quality protien chicken fish beef pork nothing fast food or from mc Donald's or resteraunt chains alike. And let yourself go a little hungry don't starve but allow your stomach to gemble a little an always do a lot of abbs to Target weight around the waste. I hope this helps you out bro!
Wow, that seems like a lot of carbs with all that rice. How many grams of carbs a day do you think you consume? Your job sounds pretty strenuous, unlike mine though so obviously you can get away with eating more carbs.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Wow, that seems like a lot of carbs with all that rice. How many grams of carbs a day do you think you consume? Your job sounds pretty strenuous, unlike mine though so obviously you can get away with eating more carbs.
A little over 300gs a day bro... Plus I drink a mass gainer shake every now and then which has about 200gs of carbs as well.. But I'm trying to gain weight and streangth and I'm genetically prone to staying lean on a healthy diet. So I'm probably not the best person to talk about this to cause I've never tried to lose weight once in my entire life.. but as far as carbs go rice is one of the best quality things you can eat. One cup is around 140 calories no fats or sodium just calories minerals and 45 gs of carbs but if you cut your carbs to around 200 a day and let say you weigh 200 lbs try consuming 220 or more I've heard list of protien and low carbs and fats helps flush fat and water out of your system(some one please correct me on this if I'm wrong!!)

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
What bf% would you consider lean?

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Three egg whites and a banana in the AM, maybe a protein shake in lieu. Lunch- typical lean meat with veggies/Farro/Rice. Dinner-- same thing, salmon, sweet potatoe. Snack- protein bar (low sugar variety), apple/grapes, granola bar. I usually eat some candy during the day to keep myself sane. I stay on ECA year round, so I think that helps keep me lean. I eat clean 4/5 days out of the week.... still stay around 13% BF, I just work out hard ASF in the gym to counter any excess carbs/Fat/Sugars.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Okay sweet, I'm just just in that bracket now ;) Chicken is my best friend, low fat yogurt keeps me full for long with 100 calories and 10g protein. Basically my day (on a cut) looks like this:

2 egss and a MRP shake for breakfast
12:00: 200g chicken and a fruit.
15:00: 200g chicken and a fruit.
17:00: Yogurt and 2 eggs and nuts
19:00: steak/chicken/mince with potatoes /rice/salad
21:00: Shake with water.

That's roughly 1900 calories, 210g protein and 75g carbs a day.. Included in that amount is a 100 calories of jelly babies I use to make my preworkout jelly babies with.

On a bulk it's almost the same, but I add in rice to both chicken meals and pasta to evening meal, the last shake is then made with full cream milk and oats which amounts to a lot more carbs and 2750 calories.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Carb cycle man. On the face of it you might be put off "fuk that sounds too complex" but nah its straight forward. Pretty much 3 days of lower carbs, then 1 day higher. How low and how high is determined by goal (cutting, maint, bulk). I prefer it cos I absolutely cant stand eating a fixed amount of kcals everyday over the week; carb cycling allows for preferred variety. I limit sugars/confectionary on low days, permit some on higher.

Studies (srs) have also shown the obvious: the most effective dietary variable is adherence.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Carb cycling is such a biotch at first, but after 3-4 months, it just becomes second nature.

Slapoyjoe

7:00
Oats, chia, and almond milk for breakfast.
10:00 Protein bagel with cheese or salmon
15:00 medium apple
16:00 protein shake
17:00 preworkout
18:00 BCAAs
19:00 Postworkout shake
20:00 Rice with tuna or cod
21:00 Protein yogurt
Snack: cashews

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Okay sweet, I'm just just in that bracket now ;) Chicken is my best friend, low fat yogurt keeps me full for long with 100 calories and 10g protein. Basically my day (on a cut) looks like this:

2 egss and a MRP shake for breakfast
12:00: 200g chicken and a fruit.
15:00: 200g chicken and a fruit.
17:00: Yogurt and 2 eggs and nuts
19:00: steak/chicken/mince with potatoes /rice/salad
21:00: Shake with water.

That's roughly 1900 calories, 210g protein and 75g carbs a day.. Included in that amount is a 100 calories of jelly babies I use to make my preworkout jelly babies with.

On a bulk it's almost the same, but I add in rice to both chicken meals and pasta to evening meal, the last shake is then made with full cream milk and oats which amounts to a lot more carbs and 2750 calories.
What are these pre-workout jelly babies?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I eat Oats pretty much only as carbs.. I always eat fat with every meal, eggs, almond butter, avocado etc.. Carbs in the morning, lunch and post workout.. I'm really not scared about fat and protein just lean meat and sometimes salmon or red meat.. It's like impossible to add fat even if I eat more as long as I don't eat more carbs.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I carb cycle... On workout days I backload carbs (take a majority directly after workout) and eat a high protein moderate fat low carb diet most of the time.... Every 3-4 days I'll eat carbs all day long. Fill back up and then start all over again. I found this is the best diet for my forever recomp...

My carb sources- on regular days rice or oats usually

On refeed days pop tarts, rice, cake, pizza whatever I want... With the refeed I usually wake up the next day muscles full, swole, vascular and just as lean and a nice boost to my metabolism

Reactions: Nac
Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Typical Monday through friday off cycle:
Breakfast: omelette with 3 eggs, spinach, ham, bacon, green peps, mushroom, a little cheese
lunch: 1.5 chicken breast, brown rice *for fiber reasons* and broccoli
PWO meal: medium size can of beans
Post WO: brotein shake w/ water
Dinner: 3 cans tuna

This is my recomp diet, usually consists with a few brews sprinkled in throughout the week and if im behind on my brotein ill throw in another shake but i have no idea what the macros come out to when im off cycle.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ricky are you trying to cut or maintain? If your happy at current bf intetmittent fasting is a great way to diet without giving foods you like. However if I'm cutting for an event I revert back to "real" diet with carbs coming from broccoli spinach green beans and sweet potatoes

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I'll post up the recipe for them.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
What are these pre-workout jelly babies?
So basically it's 30g jelly babies, a Concentrated preworkout (5g scoop) and a jelly baby mould tray.

Take a 100ml boiling water and put it into a cup along with your jelly babies, they will melt in about 5 mins.. Stir it a little.

Wait till the liquid is a little cooler and add the scoop of preworkout and stir.

Pour the mixture into the moulds and leave it in the fridge.

A few hours later you have 3-6 depending on size preworkout jelly babies!

They don't melt in normal room temperatures obviously so they can be easily stored in the gym bag and so.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So basically it's 30g jelly babies, a Concentrated preworkout (5g scoop) and a jelly baby mould tray.

Take a 100ml boiling water and put it into a cup along with your jelly babies, they will melt in about 5 mins.. Stir it a little.

Wait till the liquid is a little cooler and add the scoop of preworkout and stir.

Pour the mixture into the moulds and leave it in the fridge.

A few hours later you have 3-6 depending on size preworkout jelly babies!

They don't melt in normal room temperatures obviously so they can be easily stored in the gym bag and so.
Do you mean jelly bellies? Like the jelly beans?

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Do you mean jelly bellies? Like the jelly beans?
Basically like wine gums? We call them jelly babies. Google Mynhards Jelly babies, don't know if the US has them.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You keep saying jelly babies and all I can think about is jello babies, and I really don’t wanna eat any of those.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Basically like wine gums? We call them jelly babies. Google Mynhards Jelly babies, don't know if the US has them.
Oh shyt no ive never heard of them... Theyve been around forever tho. Looks like our us version (sour patch kids) ripped them off lol theyrr all "natural" which is dope.

wrastler163

Awards
I just try not to eat garbage. If I'm getting carbs from rice, potatoes, and whole wheat bread I'm not too concerned about consumption. I've got a pretty good understanding of how my body works/what it tolerates so I usually just tweak things if I see unwanted changes, but IMO as long as you aren't eating like complete **** carbs aren't the enemy. The one thing I do recommend is if you're going to eat simple carbs, plan your workout/PWO meal around that. I try to eat a breakfast of 4 eggs or some other protein/fat source with little - 0 CHO then post workout I'll eat my simple carbs for the day, either sandwich/wrap with whitebred/tortilla or keep eating healthy and mix strawberry syrup into my shake for some simple carbs

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I eat Oats pretty much only as carbs.. I always eat fat with every meal, eggs, almond butter, avocado etc.. Carbs in the morning, lunch and post workout.. I'm really not scared about fat and protein just lean meat and sometimes salmon or red meat.. It's like impossible to add fat even if I eat more as long as I don't eat more carbs.
Are you saying oats are your only carb source? Do you get much bloating from them? And what brand oats if you don’t mind me asking

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Ricky are you trying to cut or maintain? If your happy at current bf intetmittent fasting is a great way to diet without giving foods you like. However if I'm cutting for an event I revert back to "real" diet with carbs coming from broccoli spinach green beans and sweet potatoes
I’m about to cut. After my last cycle I let myself go, drank almost every night, ate shyteloads of junk food and put on a few% BF probably.
I feel dumb because I hate dieting, am trying to decide on a less painful approach then I’ve tried before (intermittent fasting typically with somewhat dirty diet)

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m about to cut. After my last cycle I let myself go, drank almost every night, ate shyteloads of junk food and put on a few% BF probably.
I feel dumb because I hate dieting, am trying to decide on a less painful approach then I’ve tried before (intermittent fasting typically with somewhat dirty diet)
Look at carb cycling bro with the intermittent fasting. It's great for leaning out and every few days you get to refeed which is like a food party LOL

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you saying oats are your only carb source? Do you get much bloating from them? And what brand oats if you don’t mind me asking
No but I only eat 200gr a day at absolute max.. Mostly its around 100 id say. Oats are one of the better carb sources. Compared to brown which is a really good source of fiber you have soluble fiber in oats which helps with blood sugar and cholesterol and its easier to digest.

Oats has twice as much zink and iron which helps boost immune system and pass oxygen through your muscles and tissues.

Oats makes you less fat basically.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No but I only eat 200gr a day at absolute max.. Mostly its around 100 id say. Oats are one of the better carb sources. Compared to brown which is a really good source of fiber you have soluble fiber in oats which helps with blood sugar and cholesterol and its easier to digest.

Oats has twice as much zink and iron which helps boost immune system and pass oxygen through your muscles and tissues.

Oats makes you less fat basically.
Id like to do this. I fukn LOVE toast, could eat a whole loaf in one sitting (freshly cooked, dripping butter, with jam, or peanut butter, fuk yeah), so its not good. I can handle oats though. My only concern is "needing" to add brown sugar.

/firstworldeatingproblems

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Id like to do this. I fukn LOVE toast, could eat a whole loaf in one sitting (freshly cooked, dripping butter, with jam, or peanut butter, fuk yeah), so its not good. I can handle oats though. My only concern is "needing" to add brown sugar.

I'm not low-ish body fat..yet..but figured I'd chime in here on how I found I love oats.

I eat them daily. At night I'll get a container big enough to fit my serving size (40g oats), add the oats, a scoop of whichever protein, some water to mix them together, and let them chill overnight in my packed lunch bag. When I eat them the next day, they taste awesome, creamy, and even cooked. Different powders make different textures, but a whey isolate/concentrate blend I find makes the best texture.

No brown sugar needed! :D

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm not low-ish body fat..yet..but figured I'd chime in here on how I found I love oats.

I eat them daily. At night I'll get a container big enough to fit my serving size (40g oats), add the oats, a scoop of whichever protein, some water to mix them together, and let them chill overnight in my packed lunch bag. When I eat them the next day, they taste awesome, creamy, and even cooked. Different powders make different textures, but a whey isolate/concentrate blend I find makes the best texture.

No brown sugar needed! :D
Nice!

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah! I just eat them cold too. I actually look forward to them daily and haven't gotten sick of them yet.

I should also mention, I don't like oats cooked with water, but water does the trick for me for overnight oats!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Haha i love English breakfast too and almond butter is freaking tasty on a toast (allergic to peanuts). I feel you on the sugar but I put some drops with toffee sweetener or half to a third scoop of protein powder and mix it if I want it sweet.. I'm really good at eating it with milk only though, done it since I was a kid every day..

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Carb cycle man. On the face of it you might be put off "fuk that sounds too complex" but nah its straight forward. Pretty much 3 days of lower carbs, then 1 day higher. How low and how high is determined by goal (cutting, maint, bulk). I prefer it cos I absolutely cant stand eating a fixed amount of kcals everyday over the week; carb cycling allows for preferred variety. I limit sugars/confectionary on low days, permit some on higher.

Studies (srs) have also shown the obvious: the most effective dietary variable is adherence.
This carb cycle is great. I have followed it for a long time, here is a good read.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/carb-cycling-codex

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m around 11-12% body fat, I’m 5’7 160lbs. To stay lean I intermittent fast, I only eat from 4pm to 10pm. During my eating period I eat around 2-3 thousand calories a day, I find that with this intermittent fast I can be a little more lenient on what I eat,

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This carb cycle is great. I have followed it for a long time, here is a good read.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/carb-cycling-codex
I agree I just do it differently. I eat low carb every day and if I feel hungry or that I need more carbs I throw in an extra meal. Not saying it's optimal and especially its not gonna work for everyone but I know my body so well by now. The body will definitely tell you if it needs food and its not about wanting to eat candy but to actually feel that you're hungry and I think it's important to eat then.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
High fat diets doesn't burn fat it just burns dietary fats but doesn't directly help with fat burning which compared to eating high carbs which would then burn carbohydrates. Carbohydrates store water and the more you eat the more you bloat so in terms of staying lean year round high fat diets are far more efficient but for building muscles you probably need both.

I do think it's true that omega 3s do have some kind of effect on fatloss but I think the major difference is less glycogen.