Follidrone log with CT3

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Damn your killing it bro!
I cant see from my phone...are you competing in the blr follidrone challenge?
I'm not. I'm starting week 7 now, so I would have to extend a good bit to meet the window of the challenge.

Today was my first time ever board pressing so I was hesitate to go heavy at first. I haven't tried any singles so I don't know how much my 1rm has changed. But, I do feel stronger and I feel like it's coming on a lot better since week 4. Plus, I've been getting random comments about how I look like I've gained weight and/or walking around all "swole" up, lol. I'll take it.

I have been taking relaxed front shots just to have, but from a camera stand point, I haven't changed much.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I don't have a before back pic, but here's a current. Taken completely cold. I thought since "someone" else was showing off their back today....

Attachments

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very nice back pic! Looking really good!! Shoulders look great too!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What's your current 1RM on bench? Board presses are actually usually done for low volume (5 reps or less) - that's a lot of heavy tricep work! Bet they'll be feeling it soon for sure. They're fun, even if it is a very limited range. Easy on the shoulders. If you liked em, you'll prob enjoy floor presses too if you've never done them. Although you'll be weaker, not stronger on floor cuz it cuts your legs out of it.

2-board is prob my favorite. More range of motion but still a huge handicap vs lifting off the chest. It'll feel like the first time you benched as a noob, when we would only go down halfway lol

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
A few months back I got 235 but I've only went to 225 within the previous few weeks before starting Follidrone. I've starting lifting with a couple guys, one of which is super strong and holds some kind of bench press record. So, he's been working my setup, technique, breathing, and I've been following his routine.

Basically, those board presses for 5 and 6 reps were at my previous max. Or at least, 95% of it.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 44: back & bi's

Weight: 184

Deadlift: 5 singles
4x315
1x335
I pulled with a partner today and he was pulling 335 so I went ahead and did it on my last single. The singles weren't overly challenging, the higher rep sets definitely hit me harder.

Close grip pull downs
120x10
160x6
180x6-felt good here. I've never went to 180 on these but did today.

Super wide grip pull ups
7 + 1/2 (fail)
9 + 1/2 (fail)

Cable row
140x10x3

Db hammer curls
35's x 10
Db standing curls
40's x 8
45's x 6
Reverse grip cable curls
42.5x8 ds 35x8 ds 30x8 ds 25x8 ds 20x8

Finished off with 4-200m sprints with 45 sec rest in between and 8 min on the elliptical.

Headed out of town for the rest of the week so I don't know what kind if any workout I'll be getting in.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks Kat, only posted bc of you! This makes my arms looks puny though!
I'm glad you did! No it doesn't!! Not at all! You look great! Great job on your back wo too! Like the way you did your sprints!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's what I thought, about your bench - that's great work for what was so heavy before! I love singles on deadlift. Why I should prob do less of them lol - do what you hate, they say. I hate reps.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's what I thought, about your bench - that's great work for what was so heavy before! I love singles on deadlift. Why I should prob do less of them lol - do what you hate, they say. I hate reps.
Quoted for truth. I have done more volume work in the last 4 months simce being on FD than I probably did the whole year. Gotta admit I love the comp changes and endurance, but I always look forward to a heavy day.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
On the road and work all day today. I think I'm following too many logs though, geez. I didn't log on all day and then 25ish notifications. Can't keep up after one day. :)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, same. I can only skim threads right now trying to keep up. Nice to see so much success going around in the logs though.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Agree! It's hard keeping up with them sometimes! We all know life can get busy though! :) how's the trip going?

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Travel and work in the field yesterday. Huge New York strip last night at an upscale steak house, that was good. Meeting all day today. Head back home tomorrow.

The hotel "gym" consists of a treadmill, an elliptical, and a bike. Blah.....

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Travel and work in the field yesterday. Huge New York strip last night at an upscale steak house, that was good. Meeting all day today. Head back home tomorrow. The hotel "gym" consists of a treadmill, an elliptical, and a bike. Blah.....
Yumm!! Steak!!

Handstand push-ups, door frame pull-ups, burpees...you've got this!!

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I did some push-ups this morning but it's overall just hard to be motivated in a hotel room. Anyways I'll probably hit it hard this weekend to make up rather than take off.

I had another killer meal tonight. 3-bacon baked oysters, a big helping of broiled shrimp, and black eyes peas.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I'm soon to start a sponsored log using Cordygen-NanO2 by MST. I'll link it here when I get it going. It came in the mail today, so maybe start Monday.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, it is hard to be motivated in a hotel gym! Looking forward to your next log! I'll be there!

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
BOOM!! Killer session today. Felt good to hit the weights again.

Day 47 I believe: Shoulders and Chest

No weight recorded

Smith Shoulder press: 135x10x2 155x8x2 175x5x2

Smith Bench 135x10 175x9 185x7 205x5 215x5 225x5 235x3 - I thought I'd flame out much earlier but felt strong today
SS
Db press 50x10x3
SS
Front raises 30x8 30x8 35x7 20x10

Side raises 25x10x3
SS
Upright rows 115x10x3
SS
Pull ups 5 reps x 3 on back of smith machine

Low pulley cable reverse flyes/front raises/side raises 2 rounds of 8-10 each with no rest

Reverse peck deck 2 sets 10
SS
Tri extensions 2 sets 10

Done.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Heck of a workout! You were on fire!!

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Got my Cordygen log up and running. On my phone so I can't link but I will later. Come on over.

I will keep this one updated just for the Follidrone effects.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
7 weeks down as of today. I've missed a dose here and there so I'll spill into a 9th week some.

Weight: 183

3 board press again today. Started heavier today than last week and worked 3 sets at 225 instead of 2. Also took an update photo. I think I'll post a begin and end when I'm done.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Weight was 181 this morning. Definitely the lightest I've been in over 2 months yet strength is still there and even still slightly increasing.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Weight was 181 this morning. Definitely the lightest I've been in over 2 months yet strength is still there and even still slightly increasing.
That's awesome!! Congrats man!!

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Hit some PR's today.

Db bench worked up to 85's x 8,6
I've never even went above 75's before so this felt good.

Also pulled 200 on low cable rows for 10 reps. Never went above 180 before with these and that was at 8 reps. And I still felt strong here after the 200.

Weight has settled back out at 184.

I'll be posting my final review soon as I've only got 1-2 days left.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome job! Congrats on the PR's!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hit some PR's today.

Db bench worked up to 85's x 8,6
I've never even went above 75's before so this felt good.

Also pulled 200 on low cable rows for 10 reps. Never went above 180 before with these and that was at 8 reps. And I still felt strong here after the 200.

Weight has settled back out at 184.

I'll be posting my final review soon as I've only got 1-2 days left.
Nice work!

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Week 1/week 8

I definitely feel thicker and fuller and have gotten numerous comments about how I look bigger. Picture doesn't really show much justice though.

Attachments

Savage99

Savage99

Banned
Awards
You can tell, you do look fuller.
It's like boy to man bro lol jk

Nice Progress, how long you running this total?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw it immediately. Your chest is most noticeable. Just compare where your pec protrudes into you bicep and it is very apparent. Looks like you gained about 4-5 lbs? Just trying to guess based on this single pic. Looks like you leaned up in the abs so it is difficult to tell.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
You can tell, you do look fuller. It's like boy to man bro lol jk Nice Progress, how long you running this total?
I'm finished now. Ran for 8+ weeks. Ended up skipping a few doses so it rolled into a 9th week. I'm going to write a more detailed review when I get time.

I would say weight ended up +2 pounds. I did go up as much as 6 pounds in weeks 4-5 but it came back down and leveled out.

Thanks for noticing a change!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You absolutely gained lean mass - I can't believe the scale only went up 2lbs, because you def gained more than that in lean mass.

Honestly, I have been very skeptical of epicatechin. I've kept it at a wary distance because things that sound to good to be true often are. But the after pic looks like you just ran a 6wk hdrol cycle or something. Chest is bigger, arms are bigger, core looks thicker/wider - fat seems to be the only thing that didn't increase.

Thanks for taking the time to run this, CT3 - I'll be giving this a go before the end of the year now that I've seen some logs.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with everyone! Definitely some big changes!!!! You look great!!

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Haven't laid out the plan just yet. Thinking maybe stano/epi for 6 weeks. I think I've got some SD coming also. Don't think I want to use it yet. Gonna pick up some Osta at the Nutra sale to add in for pct.