Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Days 19 & 20 (Sat & Sun): Off days - Literally did pretty much nothing physically exerting

Day 21: Chest & Tri's

Weight: 185

PWO: 2 caps Follidrone + 2 scoops alphamine + 1 scoop hemavol

Bench:
5 sets of 6
185x5, 195x1

Complex: db flat bench, skull crushers, hammer low row
db flat bench - 65's x 8,10,9
skull crushers - ez curl bar +25's x 8,10,6
low row - 3x10

Complex: lying db tri extensions rom floor, hammer low row, banded shoulder rotations
all 3 x10

Max rep heavy band push ups: 11 - haven't done this in a while but the last time I only got 5 or 6.

This was a pretty intense workout. Little rest in between complex sets, basically just enough to go from one spot to the next.

Squats tomorrow. Thinking of going 5x8 no heavier than 225. Open to suggestions here though.
5x8 for worksets is getting steep on volume for squat. Unless you're counting your warmup sets I mean.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't see any issue with that volume for squats. What is the concern, Hyde?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't see any issue with that volume for squats. What is the concern, Hyde?
Depends on your goals, really. Based on the amount of 5 rep sets in his bench routine today, & the fact that he's mentioned he's very interested in raising his total to over 1k, there are more efficient avenues to increasing max power than 5x8.

Nothing wrong with it, & consistenly lifting weights in progression in almost any rep range should ultimately increase peak power. But some ways tend to work better than others, typically heavier with less total volume.

He asked for input, so I gave it.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I was looking for a higher volume squat routine this week. I'm not pulling this week so I figured I'd squat higher volume.

My plan would be
5x8 + maybe a heavier set or two of 3-5 followed by a max rep set at say 135. If looking for a rounded goal, I think 10,000lb total would be close.

Open to suggestions if you have one though Hyde.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was looking for a higher volume squat routine this week. I'm not pulling this week so I figured I'd squat higher volume.

My plan would be
5x8 + maybe a heavier set or two of 3-5 followed by a max rep set at say 135. If looking for a rounded goal, I think 10,000lb total would be close.

Open to suggestions if you have one though Hyde.
If volume's what you're chasing, sounds like money to me, fwiw. 135 for AMRAP is brutal. My best advice is if you wear a belt, don't have it very tight for that set - breathing becomes #1 & it gets hard if your belt is tight over lots of reps.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
10-4, I hear you there. I like doing an amrap from time to time and I agree with you, both brutal and breath taking.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
On another note more in line with diet/supps, I've been extremely hungry all day today. The alphamine pre didn't slow me down today (not that I'm really looking for it to).

Can't say that it's the Folli, but just making note of it.

Also, I uhhh "de loaded" four times today (there is a lady subbed to thread). Maybe from the weekend carb load.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, I uhhh "de loaded" four times today (there is a lady subbed to thread). Maybe from the weekend carb load.
I got Colitis a few weeks back. Looks to be the bacterial kind from food; a one & done thing, hopefully, but it was rough. I feel your pain. You start considering baby/sanitary wipes for longevity's sake :moon:

Threw some hammer low rows in tonight after reading your bench day, hadn't in a while - forgot how much I enjoy those!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Killer chest wo! Love the intensity and the banded push-ups! That's awesome that you got 11 this time!! :D

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 22: Legs

Weight: 185 - I weighed last night just for poos and giggles to see what my "high end" weight is and was 188.4.

Pre: 2 caps Folli + 2 scoops alphamine + creatine mono + BA
Post: 2 scoops BPI whey-hd + 1 (larger) scoop NOW carbogain + creatine - roughly about 450-500 cals

Squats:
Warmup: barx15,95x10,135x8,185x8
Working: 5 sets of 8: 205,215,225,225,225
Max Rep A2G x 135 - 25 reps - holy pump
Total Weight = 12,135lb (not including warmup sets)

Leg Press - Lighter weight 3x10x6 plates
SLDL - 3x8x185

Leg curls - 3x12
Calf Raises - 3x15
Straight Leg Raises from dip bar 3x10 - holding body in a dip position

Definitely got my sweat on today. All of those squats had me pretty much drenched.

Yoga at lunch today. Gotta work on that flexibility.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I got Colitis a few weeks back. Looks to be the bacterial kind from food; a one & done thing, hopefully, but it was rough. I feel your pain. You start considering baby/sanitary wipes for longevity's sake :moon:

Threw some hammer low rows in tonight after reading your bench day, hadn't in a while - forgot how much I enjoy those!
That emoticon is hilarious!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The dam office donut ferry showed up today... I shall restrain!
Ohhh that sucks! Stay strong!!! They're old and nasty - just keep telling yourself that! Lol

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I stayed away from the donuts! Win

But, holy DOMS already from my leg session today. Usually it takes 32-36 hours to hit me but this time it's only been 8-10 and I'm hurting to sit down. Tomorrow won't be fun, oh well, must trudge forth.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I stayed away from the donuts! Win

But, holy DOMS already from my leg session today. Usually it takes 32-36 hours to hit me but this time it's only been 8-10 and I'm hurting to sit down. Tomorrow won't be fun, oh well, must trudge forth.
How the Sh!t did you resist Krispy Kream???!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Guess you'll just have to stand up for the next few days! ;) My chest is feeling the same too! Tomorrow will be fun! Lol

I almost took a pic of my "temptation" that's at my office every day! (A cabinet full of chocolate candy bars, popcorn, and sticky/chewy candy for kids when they get their braces off) I have to watch the two girls that train with me to keep them out! Haha

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 23: Back & Bi's

Pre: 2 caps Folli, 2 scoops alphamine + 1 scoop hemavol + CM + BA

Pull ups
+0x8
+25x5
+35x5
+45x5
+0x8

Barbell row
135x10, 155x10, 155x10, 175x10, 185x8

Wide grip pull downs
120x10, 140x10, 160x10
SS with straight arm pull downs

Seated curls
8,8,10 x 30's
SS with straight leg knees to elbows x 10 each

Cable row 3x10 - 120,140,160
SS forearm curls

Cable rope curls
42.5x8
42.5x8 ds 35x8 ds 25x8 ds 15x8

Feeling pretty beat up today after yesterday's squat session. Weight remained at 185 even though I was probably slightly calorie deficient yesterday.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Nice pull-ups and rows man, 185 is great weight!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Thanks Pete. Need to lean up like you though!
Thanks buddy! It will come, I haven't cut in years. I've been constantly trying to keep my muscle, if I grow some then great but I'm trying to cut fat. It's been a great recomp over the past couple years.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 24: Shoulders

Smith machine seated press
3x10x135
SS angled barbell press
3x10

Seated db press
3x10x50's
SS speed bench
3x5x95

Front raises
3x10x25's
SS cable fly
3x10x20

Side raises
3x10x20's
SS seated OH db tri extension
3x10x60

Reverse fly
3x10x110
SS dips
3x10

Face pulls
3x12x50
SS tricep rope extensions
3x12

Kept the weight relatively light today. Still feeling beat up from Tuesday's leg workout.

Probably going to have some of the best smoked wings for lunch today at this local BBQ joint while watching USA v Germany.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Thanks buddy! It will come, I haven't cut in years. I've been constantly trying to keep my muscle, if I grow some then great but I'm trying to cut fat. It's been a great recomp over the past couple years.
I'm right there with you. Basically been at steady maintenance/slightly above for a while now. I have however been able to put on about 8-10 lbs since the first of the year.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I'm right there with you. Basically been at steady maintenance/slightly above for a while now. I have however been able to put on about 8-10 lbs since the first of the year.
That's great man, nice shoulder workout! How were the smoked wings?

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 25

Walked out this morning an completely forgot to take my Folli. I'll take it at lunch time when I get home.

No deads today as it was a scheduled off week.

Hang cleans ss front squats
Back extensions ss front squats
Shrugs ss kb swings ss decline sit ups

Finished off with 15 minutes of light cardio. All pretty light weight today except for heavy shrugs.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 26: rest day
Day 27: Typically a rest day/active recovery day-went to gym with the wife. Knocked out 22 minutes cardio + plus a quick circuit of 8 different movements each at 3x10

Day 28: Chest Day

Weight: 184.5

We were supposed to go lighter last week but ended up heavy so today we went light.

10 sets of 3 speed bench:
8 sets at 155 + light band (green)
2 sets at 175 + light band

4 rounds of:
Db shoulder press 35'sx15
Seated row machine 15
Bench press top lockouts 15
Tricep dip 15

Maximum grip time with 115lb db each hand: 51 sec

8 minutes cardio to finish it off.

I've taken some pics, but no real noticeable difference in 4 weeks, so not really worth posting imo.

I've got 4 weeks of Animal M Stak laying around so I'm thinking of adding it in next week after the 4th. It would go weeks 6-9.

Going to get back after hard tomorrow on squats.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice wo!! I bet that was fun working out with your wife too!!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very common. That is why CF works so well for the ladies- and the booty.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pretty cool that your wife lifts with you. Mine ain't 'bout that kinda life, unfortunately. Prob for the best tho - she has her singing/theatre & I have my weights. It's funny: I'll spend 9 wks or so to peak for a meet, & she'll spend an equal length of time also at 3-5 days/wk getting ready for a show. So it works.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I wish my wife lifted, that would make the dieting so much easier

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Well, she doesn't necessarily lift with me. I have my weekly schedule/routine. Hers is completely different but I do go with her on the weekends even though those are really my off days. She's more into what I would call exercising. Also, her diet is garbage which still makes it tough for me but she can maintain 120 and lean on that diet. If I ate like her I'd gain ten pounds of flab quickly.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 29: Leg Day

Weight: 186

Squats:
Warmup then 8/8/5/5/3/3/1/1/1
135x8,185x8,225x5,245x5,265x3,275x3,295x1, 305x1,315x1.

315x1 is my current max and I didn't really feel that I had a lot more, MAYBE 5-10 pounds, but I stopped there as that felt like a good stopping point.

Leg press:
6 plates x 10, 10, 8 plates x 10
10 plates x 6 ds 8 plates x 6 ds 6 plates x 8 ds 4 plates x 10 ds 2 plates x 12.
Holy quad pump!

Finished off with single leg extensions ss calf raises 4 sets+burnout set at the end.

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
4 week Follidrone review:

Weight is up consistently to 184-186 whereas at the start I was more like 182-184. So maybe a two pound gain.

Appetite is strong even with Alphamine thrown in pre some days.

Endurance is increased. This is the most noticeable effect I've had with Folli.

I don't feel like strength has increased much. Maybe an additional rep strength, not an increased load strength.....yet.

It does seem like my joints are a little drier these days. This could be in my head just because I'm looking for something. Idk if anyone else has noticed this or not.

I've definitely not experienced the "weight gain while on deficit" or "95 pound increase in squat" that some have reported.

I still have 4 more weeks so we'll see if there are any notable changes between now and then.

Other supps I've been using are basically staples. Some kind of Pre, creatine mono, beta alanine, fish oil, animal pak, and of course protein & carb powder.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Totally understand the difficulties with the other half not eating the same! It can be quite frustrating especially if they give you a hard time! Lol Great leg day!!! I bet your quads were on fire!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Holy sh!t that was a leg day!!! You killed it, can you walk:)

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 30: Back & Bi's

Pre today: 2 caps Folli, 1 scoop alphamine+1 scoop hemavol

Pull Ups/barbell rows
Pull ups - +0x8, +25x5,5, super wide with palm facing grip x 8
BB rows - 45x20, 95x12, 95x12, 155x10, 175x8, 185x8, 205x5

T bar row machine/standing db curls
Rows - 90x10, 115x10, 135x10
Curls - 40'sx8, 35x10,10

Wide grip pull downs/db rows
Pull downs - 3x10 @ 140,160,140
Db rows - 100 x 3x10

These heavy db rows hit hard!

Single arm cable row/standing overhead cable curl
3x10 rows with 3x15 curls

Low pulley rope curls/straight arm pull downs
Curls - 35x12,12, 35x8 ds 25x8 ds 15x8
3x10 straight arm pulls

I was feeling good this morning. Could've kept on going.

Legs are pretty sore from yesterday...

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
I haven't used the PES select yet, but I'm probably gonna get on this sale and pick up a few tubs. And hopefully grab some ABE in the process.

Kat-do you know the deadline for submitting the claim to PES after a 3 item purchase?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven't used the PES select yet, but I'm probably gonna get on this sale and pick up a few tubs. And hopefully grab some ABE in the process. Kat-do you know the deadline for submitting the claim to PES after a 3 item purchase?
You have to make your purchase by this Sat. July 5th. It doesn't say how soon you have to turn the receipt in though.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
That was a great back workout, I love the super sets especially the pull-ups/BB rows!

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
Day 31: shoulders

Weight: 186

Seated smith machine press
95x15, 135x12, 155x3x10

Seated db press
60's x 8,7,8
65's x 4

Standing one arm lateral raise
20x3x10

BB front raise
50x3x10

Seated bent over lateral raise
15's x 10
17.5x2x10

Upright row/seated lateral raise
Uprights-70x10, 80x2x10
Laterals-20x10, 15x2x10 - had to cheat a little too much with the 20's

Reverse fly's/cable rope face pulls
Fly-110x3x10
Pulls-50x3x12

To finish off with some serious pump
Low cable single arm lateral raise ss with low cable single arm front raise

Did 2 full sets each arm without stopping-oh the burn.

Gonna hit some more deads in the morning before heading to Atlanta for the weekend.

Duty calls-have to go cut the grass this morning. :/

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Serious pump is right, that is a great shoulder session - lots of volume. Have fun in Atlanta.

Reactions: CT3
pete8407

pete8407

Awards
That shoulder session was awesome! I hit shoulders today as well.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with them!! Never tried bb raises bet those are killer!!