First Responders' Reviews (and log) of FitMax

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A very special thanks to Performax ( AntM1564 & R1balla ) for the opportunity to test out Fit Max. I worked in higher education for over a decade and then did a career 180 and became a firefighter. I work 24 hours on and am off 48. Sometimes it's crazy, sometimes it's not. But one thing is for sure and that's how prevalent energy drinks are in our line of work.

I stay under ~500mg caffeine on any given day and try to keep it near half that most of the time. I'm very stim tolerant and could take in 600mg in a setting and be perfectly fine, but there's no reason to do that.

I usually have a Bang or a C4 RTD at some point on my shift days (along with a teacrine cap) and occasionally have a second if its that rough of a shift. On my days off, I have my pre in the AM (no more than 300mg caffeine) and an energy drink in the PM if I need it.

I always go cal free, but a lot of the guys still drink Monsters and Rock Stars and opt for the ones full of sugar. Fit Max will be implemented on shift to replace that energy drink for me and I'll be offering some to my co-workers and capturing their thoughts, as well.

I'll update once I receive it.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbd. Did you go Orange Mango? It's my favorite for sure

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbd. Did you go Orange Mango? It's my favorite for sure
I chose pink lemonade. I'm a sucker for that flavor and orange mango sounded tasty but more like one I would potentially tire of more quickly.

Also, they'll regularly mix up lemonade pitchers at the station, so I figured it may be easier to convince guys to give this a shot lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Package showed up yesterday. I MAY use it today. I'm on shift, but I was at a concert last night and got home at 2 AM, barely slept and am hoping to sneak in a nap today (so no caffeine yet). I may bust it out this afternoon, otherwise I'll use it Tuesday morning for sure on shift.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Full review coming later, but I busted out 2 scoops and my buddy had 1 before we did PT. Both really enjoying it

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so weekends are normally pretty chill at the station (as far as training and such goes; it depends on the day with what calls we get). For that reason, I usually try to take that Sat or Sun off from caffeine since I typically don't need it as much as another day.

Well, we ended up with a handful of unique runs and after dinner we decided on some outdoor PT. So I asked if anyone else was interested. At that time, only one other guy was. I asked if he wanted 1 scoop or 2, disclosing the caffeine content. He opted for 1. So I shook him up 1 scoop in 6 oz water in my shaker and poured it into a glass for him.

I went with 2 scoops and it was largely just to have more volume to drink. I did between 10-12 oz water and then added a scoop of ice after.

The flavor at that ratio was very strong for me. And very tart, too. I'm glad it has the tartness like an actual lemonade, as many supplement flavors lack that aspect and are just sweet. Moving forward, I will certainly explore with adding more water to find that sweet spot.

My friend, who is currently on a keto diet, repeatedly asked if it was sugar free lol. He was very impressed with the flavor.

We got about an hour in or a bit more and called out on an alarm.

4 hours after taking it, I asked my friend how he felt. He confirmed very good energy and state of mind, but not at all jittery. It was the same way I was feeling. Not a euphoria, but generalized improved well being, solid alertness/energy. And while working out, slightly increased sweating (though it was really humid too lol).

I'll continue adjusting variables, as well as letting colleagues sample and will check in on Tuesday when I work next (though I'll check more often if there are qiestions or comments in between my shift days).

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice first review man!!! Glad you both are enjoying it!!!! How fast to you “feel” it kick in?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice first review man!!! Glad you both are enjoying it!!!! How fast to you “feel” it kick in?
I never felt it kick so much as slowly ramped up. But I was also taking drinks here and there and didn't just slam it. I really enjoyed how that worked/felt.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a shift meeting to go over last week's upper management staff meeting. Wasn't sure how long it would be, so I went with a scoop to sip on during.

Measured out 8 oz water, added a scoop in my shaker and poured it out into a glass full of ice.

The tartness was reduced, but still there. As time passed, it went down substantially and tasted better and better. I think the shaking may have actually had something to do with that. Whenever I have something in a shaker cup, I constantly shake it before each drink (just habit). So that, combined with the ice melting and dilluting it more are the variables. But regardless, it tasted much better to me.

Energy wasn't near what 2 scoops was, but still very nice. Not near as much increased warmth, either.

Happy that I'm able to add more water to find the flavor ratio I like best (I enjoy having something to drink; one of the reasons I've never been into the energy shot market).

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never felt it kick so much as slowly ramped up. But I was also taking drinks here and there and didn't just slam it. I really enjoyed how that worked/felt.
That’s how HyperMax treats me. But I never do a full scoop of HyperMax. Don’t really need that much. 1/2-2/3 is my cup of tea :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My birthday was the other day and my parents came into town. I took off work today because a handful of us are actually heading out of town for a fire school this weekend. I'll be back to work on Monday and be busting it out again, hopefully with some more coworkers (I'm just being lazy and dont want to haul any powders/shakers with me on this trip because it's almost 4 hours away).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Spent the weekend in the mountains doing repel, haul systems, low angle patient packaging, etc. I was exhausted by the end and our shift Monday was non-stop.

We do our inventory and full weekly checks/maintenance on Mondays, so we had that, ended up washing all but 1 truck at our station, and then had 5 runs. I never sat down til 430 and that was short-lived.

I did manage to grab a scoop of FitMax mid day. I went with 12oz water and a scoop of ice. Flavoring is strong enough to allow that much water, which is great. However, I keep finding that bitter aftertaste. I can get it to dissipate a bit on occasion, but never completely. Its not a deal killer at all; very minor. That's the only complaint I could find in this (and by that, I only mean that if I'm going SOLELY for flavor, a canned energy drink is still winning). But the effects are great even at 1 scoop.

Any suggestions on what I may be tasting or how to get rid of it?

I'll keep playing with variables to see what I can do (and hopefully get some more coworkers to give it a shot).

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spent the weekend in the mountains doing repel, haul systems, low angle patient packaging, etc. I was exhausted by the end and our shift Monday was non-stop.

We do our inventory and full weekly checks/maintenance on Mondays, so we had that, ended up washing all but 1 truck at our station, and then had 5 runs. I never sat down til 430 and that was short-lived.

I did manage to grab a scoop of FitMax mid day. I went with 12oz water and a scoop of ice. Flavoring is strong enough to allow that much water, which is great. However, I keep finding that bitter aftertaste. I can get it to dissipate a bit on occasion, but never completely. Its not a deal killer at all; very minor. That's the only complaint I could find in this (and by that, I only mean that if I'm going SOLELY for flavor, a canned energy drink is still winning). But the effects are great even at 1 scoop.

Any suggestions on what I may be tasting or how to get rid of it?

I'll keep playing with variables to see what I can do (and hopefully get some more coworkers to give it a shot).
Hmm... it could be any number of ingredients; lots of stimulants and things taste really bad and masking them can be a challenge. I’d recommend ensuring its mixed well, and maybe even stirring/shaking/swirling/etc it again before you finish it, just to be sure you’re not getting anything settled at the bottom that would make you essentially get more concentrated/strong-tasting stuff in less liquid at the end. This may not be an issue at all, but it’s the first thing that comes to mind for a lot of products I’ve tried; sometimes the bottom of the drink will collect more powder, especially if you’re not chugging it all quickly.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also just FYI I believe this is the original pink lemonade. There is a flavor upgrade coming to make it taste amazing like orange Mango does.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm... it could be any number of ingredients; lots of stimulants and things taste really bad and masking them can be a challenge. I’d recommend ensuring its mixed well, and maybe even stirring/shaking/swirling/etc it again before you finish it, just to be sure you’re not getting anything settled at the bottom that would make you essentially get more concentrated/strong-tasting stuff in less liquid at the end. This may not be an issue at all, but it’s the first thing that comes to mind for a lot of products I’ve tried; sometimes the bottom of the drink will collect more powder, especially if you’re not chugging it all quickly.
So far I've continued adding more water per scoop. I always use my shaker cup and it's just habit to shake it up before every sip.

The 2nd time, I let it settle and didn't shake it each time and that taste seemed to subside. Well, I tried that again this most recent time, but with no luck. So I'm not sure. On that 2nd one, it was evident there was stuff left at the bottom.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also just FYI I believe this is the original pink lemonade. There is a flavor upgrade coming to make it taste amazing like orange Mango does.
If this is the case, I'd love to try a scoop of the new one to compare.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ve only tried our lineup with mango and man...that mango is sooooo good. My wife is so picky but she loves it. The only thing that comes to mind is diluting it and adding ice.